HIDE THE HEAT: SUMMER 2013 CHALLENGE

A halo twist is just like a halo braid... Except you twist your hair instead of braiding. It takes like 2 minutes versus 15 minutes when doing the halo braid. When I get home, I'll try to find a pic to show you.

Still goin strong heat free :) I think I'm gonna get a full sew-in in about 3 weeks so all I have to do is make it that far then I should be in the clear to successfully complete this challenge.

Going strong heat free. Here s my stretched out fro (chuncky braids on dry hair overnight; used silk dreams mocha milk to moisturize) this weekend. It gave it a blow out look, and My sister asked me if I used a hair piece. DH really enjoyed it too, lol.

image-3226175913.jpg

image-353186926.jpg

Going strong heat free. Here s my stretched out fro (chuncky braids on dry hair overnight; used silk dreams mocha milk to moisturize) this weekend. It gave it a blow out look, and My sister asked me if I used a hair piece. DH really enjoyed it too, lol.

Pretty! :-)

Sitting with some Motions CPR in my hair for about another 15 minutes.

I find that just letting my dc's sit on my hair for 30-45 minutes with a plastic cap gives me the same results I used to get with sitting under my hood dryer for 15 minutes. :yep:

@AlliCat

Can I still join? I've fallen back in love with bunning and really want MBL in September. I lightly blow dried my hair today (low/cool heat), but have no plans on using it again until September. PLEASE SAY I CAN STILL JOIN :pray:!

AlliCat I plan to....

Weekly:

Prepoo
Shampoo
Recontructive Treatment(Bi-Monthly)
DC w/ Steam on top of Tea
Apply Leave Ins
Air Dry
BUN!

I will also be Cowashing once a week, My Routine:

Apply DC and Tea on dry hair
Cowash
Apply Leave Ins
Air Dry
BUN!

I will LCOB my hair everyday and oil my scalp.
I will be taking my vitamins daily.

My focus is to thicken my hair and increase its density all while retaining at the same time. I want to be MBL by September, hopefully with this regimen I get there :pray:!

Today's heat free style!

I put in flexi Rods on moisturized but not wet hair before bed. I took them out this am, Separated, and bunned the back :)

image-2105543430.jpg

image-1738675636.jpg

image-2983725034.jpg

image-3337046804.jpg

So I did it, I went heat free for the biggest holiday of the year, my birthday:grin:. I just wore a wash and go ponytail. So far so good. I will be closing out July with no heat and going into August with no heat. One week at a time...lol!

So I did it, I went heat free for the biggest holiday of the year, my birthday:grin:. I just wore a wash and go ponytail. So far so good. I will be closing out July with no heat and going into August with no heat. One week at a time...lol!

That is major.

Hi heat free ladies-- any ideas for heat free hair styles for date night?!? Anything besides a bun.

I am very style challenged. My main (read: ONLY) styles are braid/twist outs, puffs, and recently stretched out afro with a hair band. Hopefully the other ladies can help.

Hello ladies!

I haven't done a hair protein treatment since I started my journey and my hair really needs it. I found a spray one at my local winners. It's Rusk sensories "cure" vitamins and protein strenghthening treatment. Have any of u tried it? Is it any good? Is it considered a hard or mild protein treatment?

On the bottle it says to leave it on for 2-3 minutes before rincing.

On my leave out I applied Aveda Brilliant Anti-humectant Pomade. oiled my scalp with JBCO and tea tree mix. As for my crown rows, moisturized and sealed using the LCO method (Komaza Califia spray, NTM Silk Touch, and Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade). Now gonna wrap my hair for bed

Not using heat (i.e. Not strictly just using heat protectant but rather a variety of products) is giving me a chance to use up the stash, slowly but surely.

So last night I had a hair dream... I had stretched my relaxer for a while longer than I intended to (about a year, I had a good amount of new growth). So in the dream I cut a small section of my relaxed hair off, leaving the natural new growth. Then I started applying some kind of creamy leave in or conditioner to the section, and playing with it :blush:

On my leave out I applied Aveda Brilliant Anti-humectant Pomade. oiled my scalp with JBCO and tea tree mix. As for my crown rows, moisturized and sealed using the LCO method (Komaza Califia spray, NTM Silk Touch, and Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade). Now gonna wrap my hair for bed

Not using heat (i.e. Not strictly just using heat protectant but rather a variety of products) is giving me a chance to use up the stash, slowly but surely.

Yes I'm using a lot of my products too and trying some different combinations. For daily styling, I'm currently using MJ's pillow soft curls, SSI coco creme leave in, and MJ's curly butter creme. And of course plain ol H2O. Thinking of making a tea spritz instead. I'm cowashing mid-week with V05 passion fruit.

This is My puff today. Today or tomorrow my sister will roller set my hair. Life is good and heat free!

image-570122275.jpg

13 weeks post at this point. I will be relaxing the week after next. I'll air dry and blow it out on cool air and come back with my starting pic. This way when we post our reveals i can see how far I've come. AlliCat I'm not saying you should do it too, but we would love to see that beautiful soon to be WL hair....just sayin :look:.

13 weeks post at this point. I will be relaxing the week after next. I'll air dry and blow it out on cool air and come back with my starting pic. This way when we post our reveals i can see how far I've come. AlliCat I'm not saying you should do it too, but we would love to see that beautiful soon to be WL hair....just sayin :look:.

Haha EnExitStageLeft :) that's a good idea.. maybe I could blow on cool then do a caruso set on the length. Hmm. I have a lot of new growth though so idk how accurate anything other than the flat iron would be

Back