Hennaphilic Gals

hada

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1046481816hada">

Henna Poll

What brand of henna do you use presently?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Light mountain
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Rainbow Henna
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Lagona Henna
<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />Other

What carrier oils did you use in your paste?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="5" />Olive oil
<input type="radio" name="option" value="6" />Castor oil
<input type="radio" name="option" value="7" />Avocado oil
<input type="radio" name="option" value="8" />A mixture of oils

What essential oils have you added to your henna paste?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="10" />Rosemary
<input type="radio" name="option" value="11" />Rose Geranium
<input type="radio" name="option" value="12" />Lemon oil
<input type="radio" name="option" value="13" />Eucalyptus

How long do you let your henna sit before application?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="15" />less than 1/2 hour
<input type="radio" name="option" value="16" />more than 1 hour
<input type="radio" name="option" value="17" />several hours
<input type="radio" name="option" value="18" />I plop it right in after I mix

How long do you let henna sit in your hair?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="19" />one hour
<input type="radio" name="option" value="20" />two hours
<input type="radio" name="option" value="21" />more than two hours

Do you use heat as a catalyst?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="22" />No, I let is sit for the recommended amount of time
<input type="radio" name="option" value="23" />Yes, I use heat for the recommended amount of time.

Have you had any negative experiences with henna?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="24" />Yes, it was the company's fault
<input type="radio" name="option" value="25" />Yes, it was my fault
<input type="radio" name="option" value="26" />No, I love it

Has the use of henna contributed to your overall hair health and appearance?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="27" />Yes
<input type="radio" name="option" value="28" />No, it sucks!
<input type="radio" name="option" value="29" />I can't really tell

Are you commited to Henna as part of your regimen?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="30" />Yes, for life
<input type="radio" name="option" value="31" />Yes, for a good while
<input type="radio" name="option" value="32" />No, just trying it
<input type="radio" name="option" value="33" />No, I will change up in the near future

Would you recommend henna to anyone?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="34" />Yes, only if they asked about it
<input type="radio" name="option" value="35" />Yes, if the person needs hair help
<input type="radio" name="option" value="36" />No, it is their personal choice
<input type="radio" name="option" value="37" />No, I want to keep henna a secret to myself

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Thanks alot, Hada

Hey Hada,

Thanks for creating this poll! I'm adding every last one of these henna threads to my personal library /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I think this is the modern-day panacea as far as haircare is concerned /images/graemlins/up.gif

Ah there they are! LOL. Did you know I used to have an Arabian? My favorite breed. I am going to get another one in a while. Hmmmmm I wonder how henna would work on a horses mane. (I wouldn't do it on a white one)

hada

Bumping because I know there are more Henna girls on here. Also to say:

Hada, the first horse I had a lesson on was an Arabian mare named Widget. She had an attitude, but she was really a good horse to ride. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
hada said:Did you know I used to have an Arabian? My favorite breed. I am going to get another one in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading your posts on henna. I'm really getting interested in learning more....especially if it will help with the frizzies this summer.

I'm really getting interested in learning more....especially if it will help with the frizzies this summer

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it will. It has been raining here for two days. I have plain old 4a/b hair and my hair hasn't done that awful "halo/frizz" thing it usually does in rainy weather. The relaxed part of my hair hasn't gotten any straighter, but it seems to stay moisturized and straight with less product...
I purposely didn't cover my hair when I was unloading my groceries (three trips!) and didn't tie my hair down when I got inside. The kinkier 4b sections near my ears and "kitchen" frizzed very slightly, but I could still comb it and managed to get it to lay down with a little gel. The rest of my hair dried looking wavy and smooth. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif My hair didn't do that when I had a relaxer!

I'm doing my henna happy dance! /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

Yes Arabians are a very energetic breed. Mine had a cute personality. Always loved attention. I am going through withdraw right now.....I must get a horse or atleast go riding soon. All this nice weather and the scent of mud has me on edge.....I encourange lots of people to learn to ride (English in particular)....cantering in an open field is simply marvelous!!!

hada /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

p.s. OT-- I have a secret desire to drive a chariot.

hada said:
Yes Arabians are a very energetic breed. Mine had a cute personality. Always loved attention. I am going through withdraw right now.....I must get a horse or atleast go riding soon. All this nice weather and the scent of mud has me on edge.....I encourange lots of people to learn to ride (English in particular)....cantering in an open field is simply marvelous!!!

hada /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

p.s. OT-- I have a secret desire to drive a chariot.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ the chariot. You know there is a place in Italy were tourists can do that. I saw it on TV.

Widget really did have an interesting personality. She was fussy. But if you did everything the way she liked it she'd love you for life. *chuckle*

A good canter (or gallop) in the field is AWESOME! I use to do cross country and it was amazing. I took my horse out for a good steeple chase and he was having a blast. I swear he smiled. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

hi sassygirl,

I use hennalucent and on the instructions it says don't use heat. I'm glad that you posted this because I always wondered how it would turn out with heat. I'm also glad that it is working well for you. What week are you up to? How many weeks do you plan on doing this in a row? Are you going to continue to relax your new growth or are you just going to use the henna? I love this stuff /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I didn't want to use heat with the Bark Brown and end up with bright red hair. /images/graemlins/blush.gif But I figured with the neutral it wouldn't be a big deal. It didn't get any harder than it usually does on my hair. This coming Thursday will be my 4th treatment. I won't be getting any more relaxers--after the last disaster, I'm too scared. /images/graemlins/nono.gif I plan on doing one or two more treatments and then just once a month. I love this stuff, too. It's raining here and I don't have a halo of frizz around my head!
/images/graemlins/dance7.gif

Back