Hennalucent REVIEW...long

Boadicea

I just got my packages of Hennalucent (click the link to buy it online for only $2.19 Thing is, if you don't buy $15 worth of stuff, they won't process your order. I bought 5 Neutral Hennalucents and one L'Oreal mega Moisture deep conditioner) After hearing the many good things about it, I decided to try it out to strengthen, condition and add shine to my hair while reducing the bulk. It did all that and more.

I used a blender to make sure it was all smooth and creamy so it wouldn't run. Here's my "recipe":

1 1/4 cups boiled water
1 pack Hask Henna'n'Placenta deep conditioner
1/2 cup Olive Oil
10 drops Wild Growth Oil
1 pack Hennalucent powder in Neutral
1/2 cup "Special Oil"

My "Special Oil" recipe is as follows:
2oz Jojoba Oil
2oz Castor Oil
2oz Meadowfoam Oil
5 dropper full Emu Oil
12 drops Rosemary Oil
add a few drops Coriander for good luck

Anyway, after mixing, it was a nice, thick cream that was also very warm (from the hot water). It was also slightly peach colored which made it look as if I had a peach relaxer on my hair.

I applied it with my hands, first rubbing it on the scalp and making sure it was on the roots. I then lathered it on my hair several times because I know my relaxed hair soaks up just about anything you put on it and I wanted to make sure I had enough on.

It didn't make my hair feel hard at all and I think the heat from the hot water helped to open the pores which is good for hair growth. After a thorough application, I put my hair into 4 large Bantu knots which consisted of 2 smaller Bantu knots each. I would first divide the hair in small sections, apply some more of the Hennalucent mixture and make twists. Once I had two adjacent twists, I would put on more of the Hennalucent mix and make a big Bantu knot by combining the two. When I was finished, I put my hair in a shower cap.

I finished at 7p.m. and planned on keeping it one until 11p.m. However, this was not the case. I was very tired and really wanted to lay down, but was afraid of getting Hennalucent all over my pillow and I didn't trust a towel. I washed it out two hours later at 9.pm. It did itch a tiny bit, but not for long and it also wasn't unbearable.

This stuff slid right out of my hair! I thought it was going to take forever to get it out, but after a few minutes of rinsing and swishing my hair around, it was almost all out. I then rinsed for a few more minutes to be sure. When I touched my hair, it was so soft and silky! I couldn't believe it. I had heard about it making your hair hard and stiff but this wasn't the case for me.

Also, I noticed that when I followed up with my AO J.A.Y. shampoo, and the AO White Camellia and Jasmine shampoo, and even the AO GPB conditioner, it didn't make my hair feel hard like it normally does. And for the first time, it felt like the AO GPB was actually sinking into my hair instead of sitting on top of it.

I even detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb without Crème of Nature for the first time. My hair was very silky and shiny when I got out of the shower. It was also beyond soft. I put it in a bun and wrapped my head with my satin scarf to go to sleep.

This morning, my hair was all over the place. I woke up with the flannel sheets all on my head, and the satin scarf was way under the covers by my feet (I sleep like an anime character). I can still run my fingers through my hair and it is still incredibly soft and very shiny. I can't wait to use it again next week.

Anyhow, the moral of this review is: Hennalucent good. Rat-nest hair bad. You use Hennalucent your hair be on big
cloud9.gif

Excellent review,I think I may try it once I get more new growth, my hair is lightly texturised so the hennalucent sounds like something I can try. I have been using the coconut milk on my hair so far I love it.So glad it worked for you,did you find it loosened your curl pattern as well as condition ?
smile.gif
Thanks in Advance Billie

Hi Boadicea
wave.gif

Hennalucent is definately one of my staple products. I'm glad you had success with it and thanks for your review
smile.gif

The curl pattern feels a little bit stretched out but not a big change. The new growth and the relaxed parts now feel soft simultaneously and not one or the other.

Boadicea,

I did a Hennalucent this morning, but followed the directions on the package w/o adding any oils. Next time I will add some oils because my hair felt dry and brittle after rinsing out the Hennalucent. I did use Paul Mitchell's Super-Charged Moisturizer(which I will be posting a review) that brought back the moisture and softness. I went on to air dry my hair in bantu knots (10 sections) and I applied each section with a mixture of World of Curls Activator (gel) and CD's Mimosa Hair Honey. My hair came out soft and moisturized and the Hennalucet neutral add a nice
wink.gif
shine to my natural highlights. Also, at week 13 post retouch, my new growth/curl is looser and more manageable
grin.gif

I'm sorry that it made your hair feel dry but I'm glad it wasn't lasting. I can't wait to try it out again next week.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
HOTCHOCOLATE said:
Boadicea,

I did a Hennalucent this morning, but followed the directions on the package w/o adding any oils. Next time I will add some oils because my hair felt dry and brittle after rinsing out the Hennalucent. I did use Paul Mitchell's Super-Charged Moisturizer(which I will be posting a review) that brought back the moisture and softness. I went on to air dry my hair in bantu knots (10 sections) and I applied each section with a mixture of World of Curls Activator (gel) and CD's Mimosa Hair Honey. My hair came out soft and moisturized and the Hennalucet neutral add a nice
wink.gif
shine to my natural highlights. Also, at week 13 post retouch, my new growth/curl is looser and more manageable
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitley add the oil...my was dry when I didn't. The one I did with oil added came out great!

I have a similar question. Is it really necessary to do it that frequently?

I'm so glad your experience was positve
grin.gif

~Jade~

zora said:
How often do you guys hennalucent your hair? Is every other week too often.

[/ QUOTE ]
The package insert noted every 4 to 6 weeks. I'm going to do one every 6 weeks.

Where can you find this stuff? I went to sallys and they said they didnt have it...i dont even think the girl knew what I was talking about

I couldn't find it at any of the Sally's that I visited or called here in Atlanta either. They were acting as if I was asking for something from another planet.
confused.gif

I finally found it at one of the Asian beauty supply stores for only $2.69/box.

gvsugirl said:
Where can you find this stuff? I went to sallys and they said they didnt have it...i dont even think the girl knew what I was talking about

[/ QUOTE ]
I purchased mine from Sally Beauty Supply. Try looking in the section with hair color (Jazzing, Clairol Beautiful, etc.). There are a lot of people that have never heard of hennalucent.

Bodicea I'm glad ur treatment turned out right. I woudln't recommend doing it every week though. Isn't a Henna treatment equivalent to a moderate to strong protein treatment? I maybe wrong but if it is a strong treatment I would say space it out every 4 - 6 weeks.

now, what's this about making your hair stronger? Is it better that what I'm currently using (nexxus emergencee)?

just a quick question about the henna treatments. I added motions conditioner, olive oil, and coconut oil. I also added hot water. There was so much left over, is there anyway to save it for another time? Also, I wondered how much henna actually got on my hair because it was mixed with so many other things and there was so much left over.

jmansmom said:
just a quick question about the henna treatments. I added motions conditioner, olive oil, and coconut oil. I also added hot water. There was so much left over, is there anyway to save it for another time? Also, I wondered how much henna actually got on my hair because it was mixed with so many other things and there was so much left over.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a lot left over too. The 2nd time I just mixed up half of the box and saved the rest for the next treatment. Just cut all your measurments in half.

jmansmom said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I saved what was left over by freezing it for next time.

I use a protein shampoo once or twice a week and haven't experienced any stiff hard hair or breakage. I plan on using the hennalucent once a week for this month and then only once a month like some of the ladies suggested, and then perhaps once every two months.

I have used the emergencee and didn't like it. My mom swears by it, but I don't think it did anything for me.

Boadicea, which protein do you usualyy use every week without experiencing dryness. Your hair is really pretty in your avatar pic too
smile.gif

I just did my Hennalucent last night(2nd time I've done one) this time I added oils. My hair is still wrapped and a little wet so I can't give a full report...but my hair felt soft and silky after the treatment. Boy it's a job!!! I don't think I could do it every week, perhaps every 4-6 weeks though.
Rhonda

I wash my hair with Aubrey Organics White Camellia and Jasmine shampoo (2-3 times a week) which lists Liquid Protein as its second ingridient and Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner occasionally.

Glad it worked so well for you, Boadicea!

I've used Hennalucent once so far-- about a month or more ago. I liked it.

Since I'm transitioning I think I'll be using Hennalucent and whole milk thru out the summer to manage my "mane."
grin.gif

I just bought two packages of Hennalucent in neutral this week. I'll be applying one (with oils) when I wash my hair again later this week.

I will probably do a henna treatment every 6 weeks. I'll do the whole milk relaxer weekly (I spray it on new growth only).

One question for users: my hair tends to break if I apply too much protein. If henna is like a protein treatment, should I just apply it to my new growth instead of on my entire head (relaxed parts).

Hmm. I'm thinking the relaxed parts may need the protein treatment a little more than the new growth to keep it strong.
confused.gif

I also tried henalucent for the first time yesturday. I Love it. I mixed the neutral color with 3/4 cup of olive oil. My hair was not dry. I think that my results will be better the next time I try it. I would love to do it again next week, but I think that is too much protien too soon.

Guys, I have two questions about Hennalucent. Can I use it to cover those darned gray hairs? And is it ok to apply it if I already use a semiperment color? It sounds like a good bandwagon to jump on, since you ladies have had such good results with it.
smile.gif

Kitkat said:
Guys, I have two questions about Hennalucent. Can I use it to cover those darned gray hairs?

[/ QUOTE ]
It did a great job at covering my gray hairs.
trampoline.gif
Now they look like hi-lights. I love it.

Thanks Allandra. If it's safe to use over a semipermanent color, I'm going to look for it on my next trip to the BSS!
smile.gif

Back