Henna Relaxing the Curl Pattern???

LocksOfLuV said:
http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/moni/

To me the woman's hair look slightly straighter. The difference is very small to see with the reg. eye. I remember reading abotu Sareca's change in texture and I was wondering if Henna could actually be the cause. Anyone else have change in texture with Henna?

I see the difference too. It could be henna. If that's the case I'm going to have to live with it. I :love: henna. :)

Sareca ur hair is sooooooo shiny! I was wondering if you still texturize with Phyto Index 1 or if your hair is fully relaxed now? I'm gonna try henna for the first time tommorow and im a little nervouse as to how much it will realx my curl pattern (4a natural).......

TIA

LocksOfLuV said:
http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/moni/

To me the woman's hair look slightly straighter. The difference is very small to see with the reg. eye. I remember reading abotu Sareca's change in texture and I was wondering if Henna could actually be the cause. Anyone else have change in texture with Henna?

I noticed this in my hair when I first hennaed a couple of days ago. I always let my hair air dry and my hair will normally curl up to SL when dry. after I hennaed, I could tell that the curl was looser, more wavier and it when it was dry it was a little past my shoulders.

karamel11 said:
Sareca ur hair is sooooooo shiny! I was wondering if you still texturize with Phyto Index 1 or if your hair is fully relaxed now? I'm gonna try henna for the first time tommorow and im a little nervouse as to how much it will realx my curl pattern (4a natural).......

TIA

Thanks! :) I used Phyto II. The same one I used to texturize my hair before. I actually left it on LESS time and it still relaxed straight. It's all good tho. Detangling is a non-issue these days. :)

Henna will relax the curl for the first couple of days. It will gradual recurl over the next 3 days or so. The relaxing effect (if it is henna) is gradual. It took months and months.

:eek: You're right!!!!!! Usually I have to comb from tip to root get my neat enough to comb straight back and tie down with wrap strips. Last night I did not comb my hair at all. I got out of the shower with my hair straight back and finger combed my moisturizer in and it was already smooth enough just to tie down. My hair even seemed to dry quicker than normal. It was soft smooth and bouncy. WOW!

P.S. I'm underprocessed right now so that is going to help me make it to at least 6 weeks to fix my underprocessing.

Back