Henna & Hair Dyeing

ms_kenesha

Right before I left to go to work today I was watching Ambush Makeover. The black girl Nicole picked a white (Jewish) girl to do a makeover on. She planned on dyeing her hair a rich brown and adding red highlights. They start to dye her hair and then the hairstylist notices she's getting a green tint, so the hairstylist says do you have anything in your hair (which they should have asked before they did any chemical treatment :spank7:) and the girl says she has Henna in her hair. The stylist says Henna creates a waxy buildup on the hair and can interfere with any other type of coloring process. SO then under the screen in the a text box it says to remove the waxy buildup a mixture of lemon juice and vinegar should be applied to the hair I think it was vinegar; I'm taping it so I'll check the tape when I get home because I had to leave for work They then applied a red "glaze" I'm thinking something like a rinse or Colourshines. That's all I saw so I don't know how her hair came out; I just wanted to give all you Henna users a heaads up.
smile.gif

Thanks for the info
smile.gif
Please let us know about the wax build-up. That might also work for general clarifying or for people that do semi-perm color.

Back