HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halimah

Hey Ladies,
This is a 911 I have been in this group since 2007 My hair is currently inching BSL but... I woke up one morning and it look like someone CHOP the back of my hair off. The hair on top covers it but my hair is no longer full when I wear it out. How could this have happened? (Tears):sad:

:crying3: OMG what happened?. Did you sleep rough on that patch of hair or something? or rub it aggresively on the pillow? or have you been neglecting the back of your hair recently?
I'm so sorry

Are you relaxed or natural?
Do you use heat?
How do you normally wear your hair?
How do you protect your hair at night?

It's really hard to figure out what happened to your hair without knowing answers to these questions

Well, if you wear a scarf on your hair at night and you tie it tightly and in the same spot then that will break off your hair. Also, if during the winter you wore a scarf around your neck that too will eat away at your hair. I know this from first hand experience. I bought a satin pillow case so that I would not need to wear a scarf on my hair anymore, and I don't wear neck scarves in the winter time anymore either.

Do you share a room or house with someone who just might cut it in your sleep? I have heard some really crazy stories before :-(.

First off :grouphug::bighug: !
I'm so sorry OP!
Can you explain more please? Like was it literally after one night? Or was it a gradual thing and you just noticed it?
It could be a myriad of combinations but IMO you should visit a doctor if your hair fell out after ONE night, because you could have some internal issues that need fixing.
i hope you find help soon.

:crying3: OMG what happened?. Did you sleep rough on that patch of hair or something? or rub it aggresively on the pillow? or have you been neglecting the back of your hair recently?
I'm so sorry

NO I dont I always keep it covered I never seen the lost hair anywhere meaning i never seen when it came out.

Do you use heat?

It's really hard to figure out what happened to your hair without knowing answers to these questions

I am relaxed. I keep my hair in a bun and I wear a silk scarf every night.

Do you use heat?

^ Help us, help you. We're ready!

Are you wet bunning or bunning in the same position all the time? That could give you even breakage in the same spot.

Ok I am 23 years old in good shape a wife and a mother. I have been keeping a good regimen since 2007. I never really go to to the hair salon but I did go to the dominicans once and I thought it happen there but thinking back my hair was fine after that well at least I think it was but I do remember it being full. Now do you think me wearing a bun all the time can cause problems as well as me wearing a scarf every night?

Is there anyway and anybody that would chop you hair off while you were asleep? Is it possible?

No its not its just my husband and my two boys who are 2 and 1. Should I cut my hair to all the same length and let it grow back easily or can it still grow without me cutting it.

No its not its just my husband and my two boys who are 2 and 1. Should I cut my hair to all the same length and let it grow back easily or can it still grow without me cutting it.

If you're bunning in the same position daily, that's probably the culprit. You have to change the position of the bun every few days.

It will continue to grow without cutting it. I'd say up your protein and trim it once you get to your goal length. If you keep it in buns everyday, the uneveness won't matter because nobody will see it anyway.

HTH :bighug:

If you're bunning in the same position daily, that's probably the culprit. You have to change the position of the bun every few days.

It will continue to grow without cutting it. I'd say up your protein and trim it once you get to your goal length. If you keep it in buns everyday, the uneveness won't matter because nobody will see it anyway.

HTH :bighug:

Thanks a lot because I didn't want to cut it unless I really had to because you really cant tell but I can tell and that's what matters

I've had my nape just break off in a span of 24 hrs. You really have to be cautious of how you treat certain areas of your hair if their fragile. I know my nape and crown have to be treated like silk or it'll break in a heartbeat. So for whatever reason that area has prolly been under stress so you should try wearing your hair differently. Try rollersets every other week and see what happens. It may be stress from bunning. HTH

I've had my nape just break off in a span of 24 hrs. You really have to be cautious of how you treat certain areas of your hair if their fragile. I know my nape and crown have to be treated like silk or it'll break in a heartbeat. So for whatever reason that area has prolly been under stress so you should try wearing your hair differently. Try rollersets every other week and see what happens. It may be stress from bunning. HTH

This is a good idea too. I bun during the week and wear my hair out Fri-Sun for this reason. Rollerset will also hide the uneveness until you hit your goal.

This is a good idea too. I bun during the week and wear my hair out Fri-Sun for this reason. Rollerset will also hide the uneveness until you hit your goal.

Thanks a lot ladies I am just happy that even when I wear it straight you still cant tell but I am gonna take everyone's advice.

Back