Help -- Winter Harshness has begun....

princessdi

I can already tell this winter is going to be harsh on my hair. Winter has barely begun and I'm already experiencing light breakage around the edges at the front of my forehead. Any suggestions on what to do to keep my hair from breaking and help it begin to strive again? Every other part of my head is okay. I'm assuming because it's well protected.

I use a silk scarf when I go out, and I bun and/or wear a phony ponytail 99% of the time. I'm currently in search of a hat w/silk lining to wear but haven't found one. I just want to get a grip on this problem before it gets too bad.

Any suggestions, and is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what are you doing to correct the problem?

Thanks ladies.

I have two suggestions, one being pricier than the other....

1. Using castor oil around the edges (i've heard that it helps thicken the hair)

2. using megatek (which I use) and I have noticed an increase thickness and les breakage (even my stylist commented on it)...

Hope that helps...

How many times a week do you dc? You may have to increase that number. When you apply your dc or moisturizer, concentrate on your edges, make sure they get lots of attention :yep:

Also moisturize your hairline twice a day. I'd also recommend lightly massaging oil into your hairline daily to keep it nice and lubricated

I use the doublesided tape from the craft store to attach a silk lining to my hats.I just went and bought some cheap "silk"fabric on clearance at walmart..I also seal my ends daily and do more deep conditioning...

Back