Help! The miniglide didn't work!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
:mad: Ok, OK, I know I asked u guys before for help, but I am begging you guys now. PLEASE help me to find a ceramic iron that can straiten my short hair. Miniglide sucks, my jilbere won't even move it. I don't get it. My hair is supposed to be texturized- I'm suppposed to be able to get my hair strait and wear it curly. Nothing is going right with this. I will be going back to relaxing next month. :(

I have a maxiglide not a miniglide so I'm not familiar with it. Does it have those little teeth on the plates?

I'm a natural too. I have a CHI Turbo 1 inch...and if anything ever happens to it I will be buying another!

simplycee said:
I have a maxiglide not a miniglide so I'm not familiar with it. Does it have those little teeth on the plates?
it does have the teeth....but apparently it sucks :( but she needs something smaller than the maxi because she has short hair....

Natrlchallenge said:
:mad: Ok, OK, I know I asked u guys before for help, but I am begging you guys now. PLEASE help me to find a ceramic iron that can straiten my short hair. Miniglide sucks, my jilbere won't even move it. I don't get it. My hair is supposed to be texturized- I'm suppposed to be able to get my hair strait and wear it curly. Nothing is going right with this. I will be going back to relaxing next month. :(
Dont relax just yet Natrlchallenge!! You've got to give it time. You've only been completely natural since january right! It takes a while to find the right techniques sometimes, but you can do it! Did you blow your hair out and then use some kind of oil like WGO to press?

Wow! I have the miniglide. It's actually too hot for my hair and got it a little too straight. Then again, my hair is relaxed. I'll try it again when I have about 6-8 weeks of new growth. I first used it after about 3 weeks post relaxer.

Stormy said:
Wow! I have the miniglide. It's actually too hot for my hair and got it a little too straight. Then again, my hair is relaxed. I'll try it again when I have about 6-8 weeks of new growth. I first used it after about 3 weeks post relaxer.

Is there not a dial on it? Also, I was aiming to use it sometimes during my stretches with plenty newgrowth. Overall, Stormy, do you like it?

~op~

onepraying said:
Is there not a dial on it? Also, I was aiming to use it sometimes during my stretches with plenty newgrowth. Overall, Stormy, do you like it?

~op~

OP, I read somewhere that the miniglide doesn't have a dial and it stopped one lady from keeping it because it gets HOT and you can't control the temp. Maybe Stormy can clarify...

Oh! Sorry it took so long I forgot about this post.

No! It doesn't have a dial. :( Nor does it have a regular on/off switch. You have to press the test button to turn it on, and the reset button to turn it off. It also doesn't have a temp control. I guess it's just too small or something for those controls. At first I didn't think I would like it, then when it got my hair so straight I was so surprised and thought I'd like it, then couldn't do anything with my hair because it was too straight. The next day my scalp was itching terribly and I noticed it broke out in little tiny blisters because it was so hot! No, I think I'll be giving mine away or sending it back. I'm going to order the Solia next. At: http://www.folica.com/Solia_Professio_d1690.html

If any of you are looking for a mini iron that gets super hot this would be good. But, my hair and scalp can't seem to take it right now. I may try it again though at 6-8 weeks post relaxer.

I'm sorry I didn't clarify myself. My hair is supposed to be mildly texturized. apparently not enough because I can't get it strait, no matter how hard I try! It's close to my natural texture and gets wavy when it's wet, but it doesn't get strait, no matter what I do! :confused: I can't take it anymore. I thought that texturizing would be easier than this! :mad: I don't know what I'm going to get. Solia, sedu, or chi. :ohwell:

Stormy said:
Oh! Sorry it took so long I forgot about this post.

No! It doesn't have a dial. :( Nor does it have a regular on/off switch. You have to press the test button to turn it on, and the reset button to turn it off. It also doesn't have a temp control. I guess it's just too small or something for those controls. At first I didn't think I would like it, then when it got my hair so straight I was so surprised and thought I'd like it, then couldn't do anything with my hair because it was too straight. The next day my scalp was itching terribly and I noticed it broke out in little tiny blisters because it was so hot! No, I think I'll be giving mine away or sending it back. I'm going to order the Solia next. At: http://www.folica.com/Solia_Professio_d1690.html

If any of you are looking for a mini iron that gets super hot this would be good. But, my hair and scalp can't seem to take it right now. I may try it again though at 6-8 weeks post relaxer.
holy crap!!!! are you natural?? if so, did your hair go back to normal or is it really damaged??? i cant believe it burned up your scalp like that! :mad:

Natrlchallenge said:
I'm sorry I didn't clarify myself. My hair is supposed to be mildly texturized. apparently not enough because I can't get it strait, no matter how hard I try! It's close to my natural texture and gets wavy when it's wet, but it doesn't get strait, no matter what I do! :confused: I can't take it anymore. I thought that texturizing would be easier than this! :mad: I don't know what I'm going to get. Solia, sedu, or chi. :ohwell:
'

I'm sorry that happened to you. I have a Chi for sale if you are interested. Just pm me.

Shatani said:
holy crap!!!! are you natural?? if so, did your hair go back to normal or is it really damaged??? i cant believe it burned up your scalp like that! :mad:

No, I'm relaxed. I'm seriously thinking of going natural though. My scalp is just really sensative I guess:( . It happened before with an electric pressing comb too, but I just lowered the temperature the next time and I didn't have that problem. But, you can't do that with the Miniglide. Years ago when I would get my hair pressed with the stove pressing comb it NEVER irritated my scalp, and I know it was super hot, so I don't know if it's just the electric appliances when they get too hot or what. I don't have problems with curling irons. :ohwell:

But, yesterday I used the miniglide again because I was in a hurry and had to get the frizzies out. I went to bed with my hair slightly damp after spraying it with Surge and I didn't put it in a bun, tie it up or anything, so it wasn't smooth in the morning. I was so sleepy, I just passed out without doing my normal routine. Anyway, this time I made sure not to get the Miniglide too close to my scalp and it didn't burn. I didn't have any problems. I just smoothed the ends though. So, I don't know what would have happened had I tried to flat iron all of my hair again.

No, my hair isn't damaged. The little blisters went away after I put some Sea Breeze on them. My scalp is still fine too thank God. :notworthy

I'm gonna go ahead and sell it though because I'm still kinda scared to do my whole head again.

girl i would be scared too!!!! you couldnt pay me to put that thing near my head again!!! you are much braver than i....

Back