Help! Shedding and Hair line thinning from MN

pocketbookgal

Hi Everyone! This is my first ever post. I have been using MN for about 3 weeks. I am using a mixture of hot 6 oil and MN. I do it about 3 times a week. I have always had lots of dandruff and dry scalp. I am relaxed and just below BSL hair. My scalp is clean but it seems that I am having shedding (from the roots with the bulb) not breakage and thinning of my hair line from using MN. It seemed that the shedding lessened after washing my hair which I only do once a week? ( i am using Nizoral and other moisturizing shampoos/conditioners from Matrix) My hair line area is where I had some of the worse dandruff before using MN.

My questions are is this normal? Should I stop using it or is this my old hair going out and new hair growing in? Should I use it less often?Should I wash more often? I have measured my hair and on my 2 week check in it grew exactly 1 inch. Look I dont wanna be bald in some places and have long hair in others but I am loving this growth. I really dont want to stop if I dont have to.

I have read on here and other sites that shedding is common as the new hairs push out the hairs that are ending their growth cycle. MNers please advise!!!!!!

Well, are you sure its the MN? The MN is supposed to do the complete opposite. Do you wear your hair in a lot of ponytails or buns? The tension on your hairline could be too much. I know I experienced thinning of my nape area due to wearing scarfs during the winter. Have you ever considered those being the problem?

I am almost sure it is as its the only thing that has changed. It could be hormonal because I had a baby 3 months ago. But i put the most MN in the front of my hair because its where it is the shortest. I use protective styling so it shouldnt be an issue.

wow, thats some great growth you got. i guess you cant have your cake and eat it too. man i was going to have my mother and me try this, but now i dont know. anyone else?

if your hair growth rate doubled, then i guess it would only make sence that the shedding cycle doubled...... but those edge :ohwell:, i heard mn was very drying, maybe you just need exta moisture on the edges, kwim?

That could be true too but why would it fall out/thin in opposition to just breaking off? I DONT WANNA STOP IF I DONT HAVE TO!!! help!!! ;-)

well i have enough hair to not be afraid of the shedding
it is the edge hair that is most concerning because I have not heard of anyone else with that issue. My friend asked could I just be getting more baby hair and not that its breaking or falling out but that more is growing in so its patchy? Has anyone else had this?

Should I just wash it out after I put it in? someone said that if you apply it you shouldnt leave it in more than 24 hours...could this be the issue?

I have heard of major breakage around the hairline with those satin bonnets. My twin sister is a prime example. I just don't see the MN causing breakage though. I could be wrong.

Yes but i just started back with the bonnets when I used the MN because the oils were getting on my pillows, is it possible that the hair on the hair line have a faster growth cycle and therefore fall out faster with MN?

Lilpeach it may not be the MN at all, I read that you just had a baby 3 months ago so it could just be postpartum shedding.

LilPeach i had a baby 5 months ago and i started shedding alot at exactly 3 months postpartum i was shedding so bad that i started losing my hairline so this very much could be the problem. For the postpartum shedding you can either wait it out which is what i did, use garlic, or get on some BC pills but also continue to take your prenatal vitamins.

LilPeach i had a baby 5 months ago and i started shedding alot at exactly 3 months postpartum i was shedding so bad that i started losing my hairline so this very much could be the problem. For the postpartum shedding you can either wait it out which is what i did, use garlic, or get on some BC pills but also continue to take your prenatal vitamins.

Do u think the MN will help? Should I keep using it?

I agree with the other posters...you are going through post-partum shedding. I may be a little devastating as your hair did some extra growth during your pregnancy and you may tend to lose that growth...In the meantime, you may want to get some hair vitamins or continue taking your pre-natal supplements for the next few months...it will not completely stop the shedding but it will help slow it down...

Back