HELP!! My hairline is suddenly thinning! (pics attached)

Bouncin&Behavin

Over the past few days, I have noticed that my hairline is thinning in the front. It was not like this last week! I do not wear any tight braids or ponytails, so I don't know why this would be happening.

My regimen:

Prepoo, shampoo, DC and airdry once a week
Co-wash once a week
Protective styles 24/7 (buns, twist-outs)
No direct heat
Moisturize and seal twice a day

Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do before it gets worse???? HELP!

I do brush the front to lay it down, not hard though (I don't think). But I always wear headbands with my twist-outs. I never even considered that. :wallbash:

:bighug:it's okay, you caught it before it got out of hand it looks fine. Try using your hand to smooth it just a little and hold on the Brush and headband, I know I am headband addicted :D

Alter Ego Cren for some Relief worked for me!

Are you taking any new pills? Like BC pills. Any change in hormone levels that you might know about or suspect? Some older women might experience this but don't know how old you are :S

Besides the physical health, what are your styling methods? You might want to refrain from pulling your hair back for a while and put some Jamaican Black Castor Oil on that area, I hear it works well for thickening up the hair. Are you relaxed or natural? How often do you re-touch? Too tight headbands are def. a culprit.

Highjacking: Is JBCO supposed to be black? I got my first bottle and it looked and smelled just like regular ol' castor oil I can find in Whole Foods.

:bighug:it's okay, you caught it before it got out of hand it looks fine. Try using your hand to smooth it just a little and hold on the Brush and headband, I know I am headband addicted :D

Alter Ego Cren for some Relief worked for me!

Thanks! I think the problem is the way I put the headbands on. I start on my forehead and slide it back to lay the new growth down. :perplexed Won't be doing that anymore!

Are you taking any new pills? Like BC pills. Any change in hormone levels that you might know about or suspect? Some older women might experience this but don't know how old you are :S

Besides the physical health, what are your styling methods? You might want to refrain from pulling your hair back for a while and put some Jamaican Black Castor Oil on that area, I hear it works well for thickening up the hair. Are you relaxed or natural? How often do you re-touch? Too tight headbands are def. a culprit.

Highjacking: Is JBCO supposed to be black? I got my first bottle and it looked and smelled just like regular ol' castor oil I can find in Whole Foods.

Thank you! I only take GNC Hair, Nail and Skin and Folic Acid (trying to have a baby). I have read a a lot about JBCO and will be ordering some TODAY! I haven't relaxed in 12 weeks and I think I'm transitioning, but I don't want to claim it just yet...just in case. I'm 30...no spring chicken, but definitely not old enough to be balding! Lol!

Thanks! I think the problem is the way I put the headbands on. I start on my forehead and slide it back to lay the new growth down. :perplexed Won't be doing that anymore!

There You go Dear! sounds like You hit it on the nose! at least You've pinpointed the cause, now You can work on gettin it back on track. My suggestion is, Castor Oil for thickening purposes! I'm sure other Ladies will chime in on some of their Remedies!

R u like me when you slide it on and it puckers a little you pick it up and push it back a little, sometimes I catch hairs like that and I am like :blush: :perplexed :ohwell::wallbash:.

So I have a bad habit of doing that, but it will be all better in no time :D

Yep it's definitely the headband, that's what caused my own hairloss. It's very easy to use them because they are a quick remedy to disguise new growth, that's how I became so dependant on them to my detriment.

Here's one spot, I'm sure there's many more:

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/3-0-0.html

Here's anoter site as well!

http://www.jamaicanblackcastoroil.com/Pages/products.html This one seems to be the Official Site!

They also carry the Pomade!

Pommade.jpg

Last edited:
Where do you ladies order JBCO?

jamicanblackcastoroil.com...i believe they have a website and a ebay vendor....I ordered from them a couple weeks ago via the ebay vendor and it TOOOK like 2 weeks. As far as customer service goes ...it was really poor. They claimed to have sent emails that they never did and then blame their post office. Who knows. I am glad I finally got it tho. I hope I see results soon.

What is BT and MN?? I'm new here, but that sounds like some good stuff! Thanks for the tip about the scarf. I have a tendency to put it right on my hairline.

boundless tresses from growthspecifics.com and MN is well ummm :look: monistat I get the rite aid brand since there is 3 in a pack. At the time of application i mix a little MN, BT and JBCO i have a few other oils I have pre mixed that i warm up and mix in there and this has seriously made my hair take off especially on my edges. I tried Mega tek, MTG, claudies elixir but the mix i use is working so well.
:grin:

boundless tresses from growthspecifics.com and MN is well ummm :look: monistat I get the rite aid brand since there is 3 in a pack. At the time of application i mix a little MN, BT and JBCO i have a few other oils I have pre mixed that i warm up and mix in there and this has seriously made my hair take off especially on my edges. I tried Mega tek, MTG, claudies elixir but the mix i use is working so well.
:grin:

Wooo-Hooo!!!! I get to buy more stuff!! Lol!!! I'm new, but already a serious PJ! But um.....Ima have to buy that Monistat online. I can't be in the store buying Monistat in bulk! :blush: Thank you!

Back