HELP!!! My hair is frizzy all the time! Oh...and IDK my type. STILL.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
By the title, you can tell that I am in dire straits; I BC'd almost 3 months ago and besides the fact that I seem to have craddle syndrome (you know when babies don't seem to have any hair on the sides or back?) there is nothing I can do to get rid of the frizz; like I need help! ASAP. Also I am still unsure as to type, I don't think my hair is long (or should I say "big") enough to get an accurate type, but maybe you ladies can help a sista out! Below I've posted osme pics of my hair naked: dry with no product, save for some conditioner as a leave-in. Any help is well...helpful :)lachen:) Please and thank you!

IMAG0115-1.jpg

IMAG0114-1.jpg

IMAG0118-1.jpg

IMAG0117-1.jpg

IMAG0116-1.jpg

Your hair is pretty. It looks nice and soft, and I don't see any outrageous frizz!

Check you porosity. Also, you might want to try different leave-ins. Perhaps that notorious aloe vera juice, oil, and condish concoction...or something with cones.

Tell us more about the products you use. And breathe.

I think you may be dealing with left over relaxed hair. I would suggest to trim the ends. With regard to the sides and back, I went through the same thing. It took awhile for it to recover from the constant relaxing. After about 5-6 months mine began to fill back in. Just give it time to adjust :)

Your hair is pretty. It looks nice and soft, and I don't see any outrageous frizz!

Check you porosity. Also, you might want to try different leave-ins. Perhaps that notorious aloe vera juice, oil, and condish concoction...or something with cones.

Tell us more about the products you use. And breathe.

LOL @ the bolded, my sister said the same thing and I am very low maintenance about products I co-wash with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle and then I'll use that as a leave-in as well, I deep condition with a number of things, I always add some EVOO or honey. I like to do ACV rinses, no shampoo. I've been using a glycerin, condish and filtered water mix in a spray bottle to moisturize because rubbing moisturizer in my hair makes it frizzier.

I think you may be dealing with left over relaxed hair. I would suggest to trim the ends. With regard to the sides and back, I went through the same thing. It took awhile for it to recover from the constant relaxing. After about 5-6 months mine began to fill back in. Just give it time to adjust :)

Would that contribute to the frizz? I don't think I should have any relaxed hair left over, I cut my hair down to 2 inches maybe and the entire perimeter was shaved (I had a mohawk) I only had hair on the top/front.

Hey maybe after a trim, and its still frizzy to you. It probuly just be your natural hair texture, intil it grow out more, or even when it grow out more. :)

I had major issues with frizz when I had a twa. The most important thing I could do was to not towel dry after I was finished. Take a look at this. It's from my blog back when I had a twa.
Even with all that I wrote there I still had somewhat of an issue with frizz until my hair grew out and I began to try other styles. I never truly mastered the wash and go. I had to accept and embrace that my hair is different and love it anyway.

Hope this helps.

So wheres the frizz at?? Looks good to me. If I feel a little frizzy I just apply con argan oil polisher. I put some in my hands and then run them through my hair and work it down the shaft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

i like your nails!
but it doesnt look too frizzy to me...when you cowash and add your leave in, do you touch your hair before its totally dry? try rinsing with cold water, and dont touch your hair before its done drying

I had major issues with frizz when I had a twa. The most important thing I could do was to not towel dry after I was finished. Take a look at this. It's from my blog back when I had a twa.
Even with all that I wrote there I still had somewhat of an issue with frizz until my hair grew out and I began to try other styles. I never truly mastered the wash and go. I had to accept and embrace that my hair is different and love it anyway.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I think it might be the length as well and OMG your hair description is my hair! Especially this part, "My hair has smaller soft silky curls in tha back and on the sides, while the front and top of my hair is almost bone straight and actually quite dry. Sure, when it's wet it slightly curls up into large loose curls but I can not manipulate them at all if I want to maintain the curl." My problem is that when I do put moisturizers in, I have to manipulate it and any manipulation equals instant frizz!

So wheres the frizz at?? Looks good to me. If I feel a little frizzy I just apply con argan oil polisher. I put some in my hands and then run them through my hair and work it down the shaft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I think the entire top is frizzy; maybe the pictures aren't showing up very well and I can't "rub" anything into my hair because that leads to more frizz.

If it is would try to work with it ?:grin:

Of course I would! I love my hair, I just hate this d@mn frizz

i like your nails!
but it doesnt look too frizzy to me...when you cowash and add your leave in, do you touch your hair before its totally dry? try rinsing with cold water, and dont touch your hair before its done drying

Thanks about the nails, and I know if I just leave it alone it won't be so frizzy; but I have to touch it in order to moisturize and put styling product in...I'm looking into products that I can spray, but I'm coming up short.

You can try shingling or a light gel to help some. Your hair looks in the 3's to me. I don't see any cradle crap though. Very pretty twa.

Maybe try applying moisturizing leave in and gel ( like ecostyler) on hair while still very wet... some people even do so in the shower.

Or maybe the KCKT and KCCC combo, on very wet hair. Play around with products you'll find what works well for you in time.

HTH

I think you might be 3C and girlie, I don't see this frizz that you're talking about!

Thank ya'll! After letting my hair go yesterday without any product, I got a lot of compliments, even from my relaxer/pressing comb-loving family members. I think I need less product from now on and try to stay away from towel drying and let it air dry as much a possible.

I can always count on you ladies!

Or maybe the KCKT and KCCC combo, on very wet hair. Play around with products you'll find what works well for you in time.

ETA: classychic1908, what is KCKT/KCCC I'm not up on my haircare abbreviations! Sorry!:perplexed

Thank ya'll! After letting my hair go yesterday without any product, I got a lot of compliments, even from my relaxer/pressing comb-loving family members. I think I need less product from now on and try to stay away from towel drying and let it air dry as much a possible.

I can always count on you ladies!

ETA: classychic1908, what is KCKT/KCCC I'm not up on my haircare abbreviations! Sorry!:perplexed

Kinky Curly knot today and kinky curly curling custard

Back