Help me spend my money

silvergirl

So girls. I want to do something with this hair of mine. I love thats its growing and all but to me its still too short for my liking. and i keep going back and forth on what exactly it is that i want to do.

Im bored of ponytails but i dont want to do anything drastic either.

Budget $700. my husband is basically decided to throw money at me to stop me from complaning about my hair to him lol.

should I:

1.go for the BKT treatment and hope an pray it all goes well. (remember im a mininalist so ive have to buy everything... EVERYTHING including new brushes, flatiron, protective sprays, combs, the works.)

2. or I just opt for a lace front. ive been eyeing lace fronts for a while, cause i miss my longer hair, but i dont know how easy they are to maintain. id have to buy two. one curly one straight.

3.leave my hair alone and go buy a wack load of MAC makeup

4. go hog crazy on products to make my hair look "better" example: kinky curly products. to help my curls stand up to humidity and maybe lessen the shrinkage factor. id consider buying a new flatiron as well to wear my hair straight. basically make up for the last 5 years of buying no products :grin:

things i wont do:weaves, braids...ive had bad experiences with them an i dont want to take that chance again.

any other suggestions?

700 is alot of money for any of that. If you're tired of it spend some of it on a couple of really quality wigs. Give the lace front a try as well.

So girls. I want to do something with this hair of mine. I love thats its growing and all but to me its still too short for my liking. and i keep going back and forth on what exactly it is that i want to do.

Im bored of ponytails but i dont want to do anything drastic either.

Budget $700. my husband is basically decided to throw money at me to stop me from complaning about my hair to him lol.

should I:

1.go for the BKT treatment and hope an pray it all goes well. (remember im a mininalist so ive have to buy everything... EVERYTHING including new brushes, flatiron, protective sprays, combs, the works.)

2. or I just opt for a lace front. ive been eyeing lace fronts for a while, cause i miss my longer hair, but i dont know how easy they are to maintain. id have to buy two. one curly one straight.

3.leave my hair alone and go buy a wack load of MAC makeup

4. go hog crazy on products to make my hair look "better" example: kinky curly products. to help my curls stand up to humidity and maybe lessen the shrinkage factor. id consider buying a new flatiron as well to wear my hair straight. basically make up for the last 5 years of buying no products :grin:

things i wont do:weaves, braids...ive had bad experiences with them an i dont want to take that chance again.

any other suggestions?

hmm. I like the idea of this tactic. Id get a lacefront. Im too scared of the BKT not reverting back when its supposed to.

I'd get a curly/kinky/wavy lacefront (from a Chinese vendor, prices are more reasonable), a new flat iron, and some new products.

Lace fronts don't have to be hard work. I know people here just pin theirs on (atlantajj comes to mind). The ladies on the lace front forum on bhm go hard, but you don't have to do as much as they do.

I'd also get the new flat iron so that you can straighten as well. And new products to help your own hair.

Give me some. :look:

But in all seriousness, I'd invest in a quality lace front, flat iron, and a few other quality products, like msa suggested. :yep:

700 is alot of money for any of that. If you're tired of it spend some of it on a couple of really quality wigs. Give the lace front a try as well.

i scared of reg wigs. ive never worn one. afriad they may fall off, afraid they may not look natural. im def considering the lace front option :)

I'd get a curly/kinky/wavy lacefront (from a Chinese vendor, prices are more reasonable), a new flat iron, and some new products.

Lace fronts don't have to be hard work. I know people here just pin theirs on (atlantajj comes to mind). The ladies on the lace front forum on bhm go hard, but you don't have to do as much as they do.

I'd also get the new flat iron so that you can straighten as well. And new products to help your own hair.

Give me some. :look:

But in all seriousness, I'd invest in a quality lace front, flat iron, and a few other quality products, like msa suggested. :yep:

i may do this :) . i kind of like the idea of having 2 lace wigs though. hmm

has anyone tried/or seen synthetic lace fronts? are these normally good quality or should i run in the other direction

2 human haired lace wigs will just eat up all my money(although i guess thats not a problem if i dont plan on straightening my hair..)

I guess I am the odd (wo)man out, so far.

If it was me I would load up on MAC, headbands, earrings, and some new products that I have always wanted to try. (Then I would take the left over money and go clothes, shoes, and bag shopping:look:)

I'm not a big fan of wigs so that would not even be an option for me.

I guess I am the odd (wo)man out, so far.

If it was me I would load up on MAC, headbands, earrings, and some new products that I have always wanted to try. (Then I would take the left over money and go clothes, shoes, and bag shopping:look:)

I'm not a big fan of wigs so that would not even be an option for me.

lol, trust me that thought has crossed my mind, but the i was like, id have new clothes, bags, shoes, makeup ,..... but my hair would still be up in a ponytail. :wallbash: im facinated by the lace wigs but as someone who has never even worn a reg wig or a half wig, they scare me.

OH Yeah........I'd Buy a Steamer & Flat Iron and Invest in Some Really "Good" Products to help my Hair along. Nice DC Treatments to use with My Steamer. And I would also throw a coupla' MAC Products in as well.:grin:

Don't know much about Lace Fronts/Wigs/Extensions etc....:ohwell:

But I would definitely get the items I mentioned above and Go From there and maybe have a coupla' $ left.:yep:

WOW ! Let Us Know what you Decide to Get.........

With $700, you can get BKT & a lacefront.

I would buy a PIBBS, a steamer, a quality blowdryer, and lots of Aveda products *sigh*

I'd get BKT and a BUNCH of products :grin:

You should add a poll, you'd get a lot of responses that way :)

Silvergirl, wigs are nothing to be afraid of. I am parti to half-wigs but I've seen some good looking lace wigs. I suggest you start slow and try one out to see if you'd like it. If there's a bss near you then you can see some in person. If not, go to www.hairsisters.com and buy one of the sale wigs (lace or half or whatever you like) and try it out.

Back