HELP ME PUNISH MY BFF'S HUSBAND*FUN THREAD*

bravenewgirl87

So, my bff's new husband made some pretty disparaging comments about black women's hair the other day. Her name is Shea and we'll call him Al. He is from Israel.
Alex says he doe not understand why all black girls have to wear extensions and that if all of our hair is short then we should just wear our short hair. Basically, he does not think black women can grow long hair.:perplexed:rolleyes:
I know, I know... we've beaten this topic to death. But, I thought it would be fun to put a silly spin on this dead horse. I believe in "spare the rod, spoil the husband." He committed the cardinal sin against black women: ragging on our hair issues. :wallbash:
How should Shea punish her husband for being mean?
Let's make up silly but apropos tortures for his hurtful comments (they made her feel insecure and sad that day) and post pics/links to foktis of our favorite long-haired sistas to disprove him.:nono:

I don't want to turn this into a educational thread (he could care less really about being politically correct...he's a guy). Just be silly with your punishments and post the pics.

I don't care to hear how white/asian/hispanic/israeli/people or men are racist against black women. This is supposed to be funny and uplifting. Not today, ladies. Not today.

I thought about giving him the link to this board but... ugh... I don't really want men lurking around and judging our methods. You can post your pics/fotkis/videos/etc. in the comment section of my blog:http://www.hairsmystory.com/2009/11/open-thread-topic-my-bffs-hubby-says.html

All in jest. All in jest, ladies.

Last edited:
Hmmm...what type of hair does Shea have...maybe she could rock a wig/phony pony ...short wig one day...long wig the next...shucks get a grill and some fake tats too...lol

Let's make up silly but apropos tortures for his hurtful comments (they made her feel insecure and sad that day) and post pics/links to foktis of our favorite long-haired sistas to disprove him.:nono:

I thought about giving him the link to this board but... ugh... I don't really want men lurking around and judging our methods.

Damn him, the person who needs to be given the link to the site is the Mrs. I suggest she transition to natural or to make sure he understands she means true business, BC today. When all is said and done he will either have greater respect for her and all black women (hopefully not limited to hair issues) or he will show her what he really thinks of her.

1. He must oil his Shea's scalp twice DAILY!

2. Must take up a part time job at an African-Braiding shop as Head Dread-Lock "detangler"

3. He must address every black woman he meets with a sincere compliment on her CROWN OF GLORY (hair is the "no-no" word, that's where the hot-comb comes in)

4. Must make a T-Shirt for every LHCF member, with HAND-PAINTED progress lines on the back. Each shirt must be pressed, folded and put in a pink box with a complimentary jar of coconut oil.

5. Must make sure Mo'Niques legs are shaved and lotioned for EVERY public appearance for the next 12 months.

20qnqja.jpg

That'll learn 'em

he should get a jheri curl for a year which will damage all the pillows, shirts and every piece of fabric that his hair touches

What did he say that was disparaging?

He basically told her that he thinks she looks fake because she wears extensions so much. According to Al*, he doesn't understand why all black girls have to wear weaves all the time and if their hair cannot grow long like other races they should just accept it. The usual.:rolleyes:

He basically told her that he thinks she looks fake because she wears extensions so much. According to Al*, he doesn't understand why all black girls have to wear weaves all the time and if their hair cannot grow long like other races they should just accept it. The usual.:rolleyes:

How do her extensions look?

I always thought fake hair was kinda "draggish," but then, it rarely looks good on me. IF it looks good, go for it.

But I agree with him, all the weaves aren't necessary.

#kanyeshrug

Is he accusing people that don't wear fake hair of having fake hair?

Not really sure this is a purposeful lack of PC, unless he's been told that BW can grow long hair and he argues otherwise. Out of curiosity, was he told that his wife wears extensions because her hair can't grow? Is that his wife's reasoning for her wearing extensions? His statement just seems like typical, albeit ignorant, guy 'logic' to me = If you can't grow it, wear it as it is *shrug*.

1. Burn his lips together with a marcel curling irom so they will be sealed shut and he won't say anything else stupid.
2. Make his *** sleep on the bedroom floor for the next 6 months.
3. Make him read hairstory and learn about the history of slavery and the impact it had on our hair care practices while tied down and handcuffed to a chair for 72hrs straight without sleep, minimal food and water....only bathroom breaks.
4. he must oil, pre-poo, shampoo and condition and style his wife's , mother in laws, and sister in laws hair weekly.
5. Be cussed out and told to speak only about what he has knowledge about and educated on the unspoken rule on not talking about a sistas hair.
6. ***** slap his ***!!!
7. make him read selected lhcf threads 3-5 hours a week so he can see we can grow hair and the reasons we may wear weaves or wigs.
8. look at him filthy everytime he comes into the rm and give him the silent treatment for a week.

1. He must oil his Shea's scalp twice DAILY!

2. Must take up a part time job at an African-Braiding shop as Head Dread-Lock "detangler"

3. He must address every black woman he meets with a sincere compliment on her CROWN OF GLORY (hair is the "no-no" word, that's where the hot-comb comes in)

4. Must make a T-Shirt for every LHCF member, with HAND-PAINTED progress lines on the back. Each shirt must be pressed, folded and put in a pink box with a complimentary jar of coconut oil.

5. Must make sure Mo'Niques legs are shaved and lotioned for EVERY public appearance for the next 12 months.

That'll learn 'em

:lachen:

I wish I could "thank" you like 5 times for that one.

It's more of a compliment, IMO.

Saying she does not need to stick other nationalities' hair on her head.

She's fine as she is.

Now if he told her to get and keep a weave, that would be disparaging.

Well I say a session of getting his hair hot combed with a couple of "accidentally on purpose" burns to the ear and neck...promptly followed by a old fashion lye relaxer...sans water to wash out!!! (ala Malcolm X) LOL

Last edited:
I see what FluffyRed is saying. He certainly thinks enough of his wife to marry her. Until he sees her with long hair what is he going to think? His wife is the person, it seems, upon whom he based his "observations."
It just sounds like he doesn't want his wife to believe that she has to wear a weave.
Then again, I wasn't there, so I don't know who else was there and if your friend was made to feel that she had been "called out" for wearing a weave.

All she has to say is - "Well honey, coming from a Jew - that's RICH!!!"

I lived in Jerusalem for a bit and Orthodox Jew women wear wigs when they get married. A considerable amount of them shave their heads and wear wigs - this is one interpretation of modesty and how they demonstrate it.

Back