Help Me Help My Sister's Hair

bludacious

Okay, here is the deal. My younger sister had a baby in January. All during her pregnancy, her hair was growing like wild fire. After giving birth, her hair turned for the worse. It just fell out. Now, the same thing happened to my older sister after she gave birth to her first child. Well, last night, I washed and conditioned her hair. I then cut away a lot of hair. I cut all the relaxed hair out. She is left with about four inches of hair in the top (she wouldn't let me cut it all like I wanted to). I told her not to relax anymore. Her hair is actually curly without a relaxer so she really don't need it. I used some of the Fantasia aloe vera gel to basically slick it down in the back and the sides. I told her the top she could curl.

I want to basically make her a hair revival kit. She staying at home with my parents. She is taking care of my mother who had knee surgery so I want to do something for her. I never had short hair so I really don't know what is best for her hair. Any suggestion on products and maintenance would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest taking multi vitamins and fish/flax oil supplements. I can say that these supplements keep my whole body balanced.

What was so wrong that you had to chop it all off? Whenever I have come across damaged hair I like to cut away gradually unless it is all ate up in one area, because it's so hard to style w/o using heat, unless the person loves to wear braids, (without extentions. I recommend some flat twist, two strand twist or cornrolls. If it is curly then she can just wear the curlly look, get some curlly pudding/custard. HTH

so sorry to hear about your sis's hair problem- but glad that you are there to assist are. I'm natural- i use a glycerin/water/eo spritz daily as a moisturizer. If you don't have glycerin- nearby- carefree curl moisturizer in the yellow/red bottle is good. coconut oil and castor oil are both great. Conditioner should now become her best friend- i love dominican ones but i also love aussie moist and aussie 3 minute miracle as well. Hope this helps out a little more. I shampoo and deep condition 2 x a week and do conditioner washes on the other days. Also sally's has a line of shampoo concentrates called saloncare that are great for natural hair and they are like 5-6 dollars a gallon with your sally's card.

By now I know everybody here knows I'm not good at giving hair advice, I'm here to take it, I also like talking with you ladies. I hope everything works out ok with your sister's hair though.:)

Back