Help me decide on a protective style

What protective style should I get?

• Total voters

SCarolinaGirl

I am currently 10 weeks post and was going to relax my hair but my husband begged me not to relax while pg so I decided against it. But I need something done to my hair for the next six months. I want to be able to continue to wash, deep condition, moisturize, etc. Should I get a sew-in, braids, half wigs/lacefront or something else?

I'm all for a sew in.
I just installed a full sew in (I've always worn just a few tracks before), and I'm liking it so far. It's also helping me to keep my hands out of my head.

Now, if you want to be able to change up styles a lot, then I would choose wigs/half wigs. I did that for a while too.

I said other because getting a wig made into the style you want is the best. You can take good care of your hair while pg.

I prefer braids and half-wigs. You have better access to you scalp that way and sew-ins scare me. It seems like a lot of work to take care of your real hair and to prevent matting when doing a sew-in.

I voted other. You can wear buns and updos and phony ponytails. This way you can take care of your hair easily and not focus too much while you are pregnant. Congrats on the baby and being newly married.

A half/full wig. All the beauty of a sew in with no tension on the hair. And you can take it off whenever you want.

A half/full wig. All the beauty of a sew in with no tension on the hair. And you can take it off whenever you want.

I second this, you get the luxury of the sew in look but are able to take it off wash care for the hair underneath with no restrictions and then no tension on the hair. You may also take it off at night time.

I voted for a sew-in.

All are good options except for the lacefront. The glue used to apply it may defeat your purpose of not relaxing.

Back