PROTECTIVE STYLES

Do you plan on wearing protective styles during the summer?

• Total voters
Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here :ohwell:

I'm going to see how it goes with me wearing my hair down this summer! Its spring time now and so far so good but I'll check back in if I decide to do protective styles at least some of time..

Thanks ladies for voting in the poll :grin::grin:

I'm going to be protecting styling my hair all summer too. But in a messy up do. I hate tight buns:ohwell:

That being said, i'm doing my traditional (mini) wedding in december and my hair is staying down and out for 10 days straight:yep:

Yes, I am planning on buying a lacefront with my economic stimulus refund next month. I am going to wear that thing all summer long as my protective style. Hopefully my hair will be long enoug to put in a clip by fall.

Check out my siggy...

That is how I will be wearing my hair ALL SUMMER. I plan on getting some BT and goin' to town. I can't wear my hair down in ATL heat:wacky:

this is also the style I will wear for the entire summer.... may wear a braid-out on Sundays for church and thats about it

I cant stand no hair on my neck...
Shi's hair
image.php

Check out my siggy...

That is how I will be wearing my hair ALL SUMMER. I plan on getting some BT and goin' to town. I can't wear my hair down in ATL heat:wacky:

This is how I have started wearing my hair when Im 2 months post .. I voted YES... Im going to be hiding my hair until i get MBL (which means all summer AND winter) and i will wear that out for 2 days MAX

Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here :ohwell:

I'm going to see how it goes with me wearing my hair down this summer! Its spring time now and so far so good but I'll check back in if I decide to do protective styles at least some of time..

Thanks ladies for voting in the poll :grin::grin:

No not a minority.........Where some people live it gets really hot or muggy, in the summer ....Most people are more comfortable in the heat with hair up and away from their faces.......Thats why most people get braids and hair cuts right before the summer......

I plan to wear protective styles all summer and maybe fall. I don't know what my length is now but I am trying for full mid back length by Dec 08.
Besides I lovvvvve protective styles. I purchased material to make head scarves and I might do braids.

I will keep my hair pinned up still during the week and braided.
2-3 days I will wear my hair down and or in a braid out!

I will be relaxing my hair this summer every 12-14 weeks.

My second relaxer of 2008 is June 20th and I will be updating my pictures.:yep:

I am claiming BSL by 12-31-08
I am claming MBL by 12-31-12:lick:

I am definitely rockin' some protective styles this summer because I am in the bootcamp 2008 challenge, the WIG challenge 2008, and the C & G challenge 2008. I like to remain true to my commitments. I will be able to wear my hair out just in time for Christmas and I am really looking forward to that:yep:.

I want my hair to have a nice break .. I've been bunning all the time ..

But I got a job at the zoo, 5 days a week.

My hair will fry.

So I'll do protective styles a majority of the time .. and wear it down every 3 weeks or something.

I most definitely will be doing this. I am trying really hard to not only stay natural, but to get MBL by December of this year. In order to reach that goal I have go t to wear protective styles. I think I willbe doing Mdwezi's Bun Style......:yep:

I am already, and I will continue to wear protective styles. I'm currently wearing braids.

I'm going to enjoy my hair this summer too! I work very hard at having healthy strong hair so I want to show off my good work...of course I will continue with my healthy hair care regimen but I am expecting a growth spurt as well :yep:

i will certainly be wearing my bun. i do 365 anyway but i couldnt deal with hair touching me when its hot.

I'm going to get my hair relaxed tomorrow and then I'm going to go home and trim it myself. I just want to get rid of the straggly thin ends and some of the splits. I hate super even hair and the last person that cut my hair made is super even in the back. Now Im just going to trim of the straggly or splits (wherever they may be) twice a year......But ANYWAY I plan on wearing my hair out and down for a couple weeks to show off my hair :grin: Im so happy because its btwn APL and BSL....the LONGEST ITS EVER BEEN IN MY LIFE! But after that Im just going to wash it once a week and braid it up under my fav half wigs and of course use my BT! Im praying for BSL by August when I go back to school.

Probably half and half. :) For the next month i will, as i am past due for a touch-up and am trying to stretch until June. Once i relax i'll enjoy it out a bit, but definitely continue to wear protective styles.... if for no other reason than because it will be so freaking HAWT outside. :D

I decided that I am going to wear protective styles 50% of the time this summer. I'm APL desperately trying to reach BSL so I might as well stick to my regimen.

I voted "Yes." I just prefer wearing my bun to keep my hair out of my way, especially Mon-Fri. But I do plan to mix it up with spiral sets and twistouts, in moderation, of course, cuz I'm also on a mission to reach WL by Christmas.

I picked yes because I am just starting out and I'm nervous about slowing progress. I will show off once I get APL :look:

I plan on bunning it until August. That will be my protective style. I am scared of braids :nono:because I am just now getting my sides and edges back:look:

If Braidouts count as protective styles, yes!:drunk: If they don't, I'm saying "sometimes" because occasionally I'll bun.

i'll say sometimes...i love my hair straightened but that won't work once it's 90+ degrees outside, and then i will be wearing braidouts and twistouts with my natural texture until it gets TOO hot, and then it'll be buns and messy updos all the way.

btw...anyone got any nice protective styling pics that won't involve too much tension? my edges tend to punk out when my hair is braided.

I selected sometimes since I like low, braided buns when it's too hot. I'll be wearing my usual braid outs and maybe I'll learn how to do twist outs (I know, I should know by now), just to see what the difference is.

I will be wearing braids, twist and sew- ins. I have 2.5 inches od new growth I am aming for 6 inches this year. I will be using growth aids and taking vitamins.

Back