PROTECTIVE STYLES

Do you plan on wearing protective styles during the summer?

• Total voters
I plan on wearing protective styles 90% of the time...
I will rollerset with flexi rods on weekend...
or... wear 1/2 wigs
other than that it's buns buns & more buns

I voted sometimes. I know for sure i am going to be doing alot of rollersets and braidouts. I still have yet to try the twistouts. But i think that i bunned just about the whole winter, and now i am soo sick of the bun.:perplexed I'm trying alot of different styles and i'm enjoying them. Most importantly i am enjoying my hair. And when this phase is over, i'll be back to the bun.

I was going to get it twisted, but I might try to do it myself. But... I'm kinda feeling my pain in the @$$ natural 4b hair right now. The more I learn from you ladies the more fun I'm having with my hair. I've found a few protective styles I'll be rotating this summer.

I voted yes. I'm trying to work on feeling just as pretty/sexy/fly with my hair in braids or twists as I do with it out. I've got a bunch of styles that I'm itching to do and all of them are protective (box braids, twists of all kinds, flat twists, etc.). Doing them all will take me through the entire summer. I just finished a set of medium/small box braids that will take me through mid June. I'm finding I have more versatility and am enjoying my hair more in protective styles versus wearing it out.

transitioning and my hair is too hot on the back of my neck to wear down in hot, humid TX. Plan on doing a lot of co-washes and wearing damp buns most of the summer. The dampness provides some relief against the heat.

Back