Help! major setback

mommatide

SO I DECIDED TO HAVE MY NIECE PERM MY HAIR AT HOME. I'VE HAD MIZANI SALON RELAXER'S FOR OVER 10 YRS, NO PROBLEM'S. SO WHY THE CHANGE? I HAD READ SO MANY GREAT THING'S ABOUT A CERTAIN RELAXER, AND SO MANY GORGEOUS HEAD'S ARE ON THIS BOARD THAT RELAX AT HOME, THAT I DECIDED WHY NOT.

OK, I SAW SO MUCH HAIR HIT THE DRAIN THAT I NEARLY PASSED OUT. THE FINAL RESULT'S REVEALED STRAIT HAIR, BUT MUCH LESS. I WAS ALREADY FINE-HAIRED, NOW ONE SIDE IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER. I WENT TO A SALON TODAY AND HAD 2 INCHES CHOPPED. CAME HOME AND D/C WITH 5IN1. NOW I'M UNDER THE DRYER.

MY NEW MANTRA--- "Fix it and forget it"------ I WILL HIDE THE H#LL OUT OF IT FOR THE NEXT 8 WEEK'S, FAR LESS MANIPULATION.

YALL TALK TO ME!!SOMEBODY KEEP ME FROM JUMPING:mad:

The pic in your avatar looks beautiful. Luckily for you, no matter what damage the hair goes through, it will bounce back. In a very short while, you will see that you might be over-reacting. This has happened to me many times and by a week after relaxing, I realize it's not as bad as i thought before. I am sorry to hear that you had to cut but you will be on track soon again. Don't sweet it too much.

I SURE HOPE SO. MY HUSBAND THINK'S I HAVE LOST MY MIND:lol: I HAVE BEEN ON THIS BOARD FOR WELL OVER A YEAR, AND HAVE BEEN SO GOOD ABOUT TAKING CARE OF MY HAIR. I WILL PROBABLY GO BACK TO THE SALON, I DONT TRUST MY SELF TO DO IT AT HOME AGAIN. EVEN THOUGH THE RELAXER (ORS OLIVE OIL/LYE) SEEM TO HAVE WORKED, I'M NOT SURE IF I SHOULD TRY THAT AGAIN.

Girl, you are brave!!! I would have never attempted to relax my own hair.

I am sorry that this happened to you. You know that we are here for you. Your hair will be back in all its glory before you relize it.

I have used that relaxer before without any problems. Did your neice do anything different than what your stylist normally does? Did anything stand out to you as to what the problem could be? In any case, I think you have the right idea by waiting it out with low manipulation. Have you considered stretching your relaxers? That has worked for me in the past. I love the 'fix it and forget it'.

I agree with another poster, your hair on the avatar still looks beautiful. I'm sorry you went through that, but I know it will bounce back again. I usually self relax, but I decided to start going to the salon to relax. I always leave myself underprocessed.

I'm posting a little late on this one, but this happened to me several years back when my Mom relaxed me at home. Hair went down the drain, literally. I was bald. I've been getting my relaxers down professionally every since. I suggest you start and continue the next 6 wks doing hard core protein treatments (aphogee). This is what my stylist did weekly and it turned my hair around.

Back