Help, LHCF! Whats my hair type and length?

DaDragonPrincess

Hey I finally have my hair images from yesterday,I took them with camera phone ,until I get my digital back. But anyway I have the pictures of my hair when I took my sew in extensions out,most of my hair was braided during sew in, and a picture of my hair after I washed it. I have so much hair, have a time with it,lol. Anyway, I need you all to help me by telling me whats my hair type and length, I was thinking APL? I don't know, yall be the judge,lol. The pictures are in signature too.:grin:

My hair after sew in extensions taken out

fatimahairzx0.jpg

Hair after shampoo and conditioner

fatimahair2ur5.jpg

Hair facts to help yall out with judging my hair:

My hair normally grow about two inches or more after sew in extensions, I keep the scalp treated and wash it.

I get my hair relaxer touch up probly every month,I try to stretch it much as I can.

My hair is thick and wavy after a full wash and dry, without no chemicals.

Far as growth it grows pretty fast,so happy about that, I need to get my split ends cut my next relaxer touch up.

Anymore questions to help yall judge,just ask. :drunk:

Thanks

I bet if you flat-ironed it, you would be APL. I would say claim it girl!! :grin: Also, are you getting more than an inch of new growth each month? Be careful with relaxing every month.

It looks very pretty. Yes, post more pics showing your new growth.

I think it would be difficult to see your hair type without seeing your roots

I agree. And when you take pics of the roots, make sure they are clear in order to type you.

I bet if you flat-ironed it, you would be APL. I would say claim it girl!! :grin: Also, are you getting more than an inch of new growth each month? Be careful with relaxing every month.

Girl, relaxing every month?! Be careful. You may overprocess. If length is what you're after, try to stretch to at minimum 8 weeks.

As far as length I say APL

Before your next touch up, take a picture of your roots and post them here. Its hard to tell what hair type you are if you have a relaxer. Its also hard to tell hair type when there are two textures. My hair with no relaxer looks completely different than with a relaxer.

Happy growing! Your hair is lovely.

It's much easier to tell your hair type once you've let your hair grow out for several months. It looks like your hair is APL (arm pit length). Happy hair growing.

Looks APL to me! Can't tell the texture until I see the roots, but whatever texture it is it looks nice, thick and healthy!

Its hard to see with the pic you have but I would say 4a/b? Also I personally feel your hair is APL. The pic you have your hair isn't even straight and it is that length. I say claim it girl.

Last edited:
APL is me then,lol :grin: yayyyyyyyyyyy, thanks yall, soon as I get my camera,I will take pictures of my roots. But I trys to stretch the relaxer as long as I can. So I should stretch maybe to about two months?:lick:

Back