HELP LADIES!!!!

shani325

Hey All,

I'm a bit too lazy to do a search, but I'm getting my hair texlaxed tomorrow and I remember a thread somewhere saying that I should coat my hair with conditioner so that my hair doesn't come out bone straight I'm thinking of doing this but want to know if I should avoid my roots. Also I washed my hair Tuesday, is it too soon for touch-up? (keep in mind I've been stretching for 6 months and really don't want to relaxer but that's another thread-;) And laslty I've become great at doing my own hair and just really want her to put in my relaxer and leave with deep conditioner in my hair and wash out @ home, this would be my first time doing something like this and I guess I'm wanting to know if any of you have done this before.

Didn't mean for such a long post, thanks in advance for your advice.

shani325 said:
Hey All,

I'm a bit too lazy to do a search, but I'm getting my hair texlaxed tomorrow and I remember a thread somewhere saying that I should coat my hair with conditioner so that my hair doesn't come out bone straight I'm thinking of doing this but want to know if I should avoid my roots. Also I washed my hair Tuesday, is it too soon for touch-up? (keep in mind I've been stretching for 6 months and really don't want to relaxer but that's another thread-;) And laslty I've become great at doing my own hair and just really want her to put in my relaxer and leave with deep conditioner in my hair and wash out @ home, this would be my first time doing something like this and I guess I'm wanting to know if any of you have done this before.

Didn't mean for such a long post, thanks in advance for your advice.

i think 3 days are ok as long as you haven't been sratching your scalp or pulling the hair too tightly in a ponytail/bun. i put vaseline on my previously relaxed hair to help prevent overprocessing but i dont put any on the new growth. texlaxing is tricky be sure to watch your time. oh and i've never read of anyone putting conditioner on while relaxing.

SweetCaramel1 said:
i think 3 days are ok as long as you haven't been sratching your scalp or pulling the hair too tightly in a ponytail/bun. i put vaseline on my previously relaxed hair to help prevent overprocessing but i dont put any on the new growth. texlaxing is tricky be sure to watch your time. oh and i've never read of anyone putting conditioner on while relaxing.

I was going to post a thread on this today.....my aunt who swears she knows everything about hair:rolleyes: says she always puts conditioner on her hair before she relax.

Anybody else heard of this???? If so, what are the benefits???

klb120475 said:
I was going to post a thread on this today.....my aunt who swears she knows everything about hair:rolleyes: says she always puts conditioner on her hair before she relax.

The only thing I've heard about conditioner going on before relaxing was from my SIL who KNOWS errthang too... is to spray a leave in on your roots a day or two prior to relaxing so your newgrowth crinkles up and the area is clearly defined-I guess so the stylist won't overlap and she'll clearly see what is ng

DivaRox said:
The only thing I've heard about conditioner going on before relaxing was from my SIL who KNOWS errthang too... is to spray a leave in on your roots a day or two prior to relaxing so your newgrowth crinkles up and the area is clearly defined-I guess so the stylist won't overlap and she'll clearly see what is ng

Well, my aunt who knows errthang says to coat the hair with conditioner before relaxer....In my mind I was thinking I gotta check with my lhcf sistas on this one.

klb120475 said:

First of all OP, if you have time check out the following thread as it addresses your particular questions. There are recommendations as to what type conditioners can be used but usually conditioners with silk proteins in them are good as advised in the following thread. Also, since your texlaxing putting conditioner on your roots would be fine since you don't want to relax bone straight. This thread is very, very helpful and kinda long so if you have time, check it out.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=112817

Also, many people (including ladies on this forum) use conditioner on their hair prior to relaxing to help slow down the relaxing process and protect relaxed ends from being overprocessed. I know Profectiv relaxer(relaxer I use regularly) instructs one to put breakfree conditioner in your hair prior to relaxing and on your relaxed ends to protect the ends from overprocessing. HTH!

ETA: OP, have you considered maybe adding some oil (ex. olive oil) to your relaxer? I know that aids in minimizing the strength of the relaxer and slows down the relaxing process. Check out this thread as it maybe of use to you since you're texlaxing. This thread also discusses putting conditioner on hair prior to relaxing. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=47535

Last edited:
Naturellle said:
Also, many people (including ladies on this forum) use conditioner on their hair prior to relaxer to help slow down the relaxer process and protect relaxed ends from being overprocessed. I know Profectiv relaxer instructs one to put breakfree in your hair prior to relaxing and on your relaxed ends to protect the ends from overprocessing. HTH!

Girl, thank you! I just needed one of ya'll to confirm this.;)

I alway put conditioner on my hair, except for the new growth before rhelaxing. I learned this from a styllist that I used to have do my hair. She said that is is a way to prevent damage if you accidentally overlap.

L

Back