HELP!!! IT'S BREAKING!!!!!

hannadavis

My hair is acting H.A.M (Hot Ass Mess). I am almost 4wks post relaxer and my hair is breaking like glass. If you run your fingers or comb through it, you can hear it snap. I just did a Aphoee Protein Treatment just the other day and it almost seems worst. What could be the problem?? Please give me some advice.:cry3:

Sounds like your hair is experiencing protein overload. You need to do some heavy duty deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner. Do a search for Sistaslick's "Breakage 101" thread.

HTH :)

My hair is acting H.A.M (Hot Ass Mess). I am almost 4wks post relaxer and my hair is breaking like glass. If you run your fingers or comb through it, you can hear it snap. I just did a Aphoee Protein Treatment just the other day and it almost seems worst. What could be the problem?? Please give me some advice.:cry3:

Another girl had the same issue earlier this week. I would encourage you to read that post. Same title. :)

Let me know if you have any questions afterwards and I would be glad to help. :)

Your hair may need moisture - quick - in order to get back on track. I know you just washed it an did a protein treatment, but it sounds like you should have done a moisturizing deep conditioner instead. It's not too late, just go ahead and do a moisturizing deep conditioner with heat (a cap, w/heat). That should really help.

What type of relaxer did you use? Is this normal after your relaxers? Is it possible that the person that applied the relaxer overlapped unto previously relaxed hair?

I'm not an LHCF expert...but I think you need moisture/moisturizing conditioner instead of protein if protein makes it worse. Go to Sistaslick's or Machiamour's (sp?) webpages because they have lots of info on breakage/shedding etc.

Sounds like your hair is experiencing protein overload. You need to do some heavy duty deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner. Do a search for Sistaslick's "Breakage 101" thread.

HTH :)

I concur... breakage caused by too much moisture would not result in an audible snap, so it definitely sounds like you have shifted your balance too far on the protein side. Throw in a long, moisturizing deep conditioning treatment and that should help get your balance in check. You might need to do this a few times before your balance is completely restored... but definitely check out Sistaslick's articles...it's ALL there :yep: Good luck!

Co-signing with all of the above. You need moisture. What moisturizing conditioners do you have? Pull out your best one, slap it on and let it sit for atleast 30 minutes.

Back