Help, I Tried the Caramel Treatment, Now How do I get the Bananas out of my Hair?

BeaLady

I thought I blended the bananas pretty good. Now I have all these banana specks in my hair. I've been rinsing for about 20 mins. and they are still there. :(

Aside from the bananas in my hair I do like the condition of my hair.:ohwell:

I'm going to have to buy a fine tooth comb and get to work. :) I'm going to wash my hair again and hopefully that helps.

I'm imagining those nature shows where they show the monkeys grooming each other. :grin: I need a monkey to help me pick these bananas out of my hair.:blush:

Sometimes keeping bananas in the fridge makes the skin turn brown, but the banana is not actually overripe.

Next time try bringing the bananas out of the fridge 2-3 days before you need them.

The bananas I used were really brown/soft, I used a blender and had no problems with banana bits.

Sometimes keeping bananas in the fridge makes the skin turn brown, but the banana is not actually overripe.

Next time try bringing the bananas out of the fridge 2-3 days before you need them.

The bananas I used were really brown/soft, I used a blender and had no problems with banana bits.

I agree with this. Also- try blending the banana completely first and adding tiny bits of oil until you get a pudding consistency.

DivaRox, I'll come pick them up.:grin:

LadyZini, I never considered that, thank you. I didn't want to leave them out because I don't like the smell of overripe bananas. I guess I could put them in a bag.

Velvet, thanks for the suggestions. I'll do that.

I clarified this morning and I'm still picking bananas out of my hair.

I had the same problem. I loved the Caramel Treatment, but I decided that I wasn't going to add anymore Bananas or Avocado to my mix because it leaves residue in my hair that looks like dandruff. I'm currently deep conditioning my hair with a mixture of Wheat Germ Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Conditioner, Honey, Molasses, Vegetable shortening, ACV, and Buttermilk-Pretty much everything I was using with the Caramel Treatment except for the banana and avocado. In the future I may just add some avocado cream or something. I suggest combing your hair with a natural comb (wood or oxhorn). That helped get the residue from my hair.

Back