Help I need an answer right now!

drasgrl

Ok so I'm getting ready to relax my hair and I'm reading the jar and it says do not relax if you've had braids in the last 14 days or braids just removed it says to wait two weeks.

Thursday because I was going to relax this weekend and because I didn't want to put anything in my hair I plaited it up in maybe less than 20 plaits all over my head. I took most of them out last night and took out the rest maybe 4 this morning.

Do I still have to wait two weeks?:cry: I really wanted to relax today and didn't know. They weren't braids like real braids with extensions and all that.

What should I do?

Ok so I'm getting ready to relax my hair and I'm reading the jar and it says do not relax if you've had braids in the last 14 days or braids just removed it says to wait two weeks.

Thursday because I was going to relax this weekend and because I didn't want to put anything in my hair I plaited it up in maybe less than 20 plaits all over my head. I took most of them out last night and took out the rest maybe 4 this morning.

Do I still have to wait two weeks?:cry: I really wanted to relax today and didn't know. They weren't braids like real braids with extensions and all that.

What should I do?

I believe that they are talking about extensions, not just like cornrows or french braids w/ your own hair.

yeah they are talking about extensions and cornrows where the hair is pulled tight at the scalp. Not plaits. If they were really tight just base really well.

I think they mean having braids or cornrows. Because when you have tight braids in your hair for weeks or months, your hair needs a break for a while before relaxing. I'm sure you plaits weren't tight, and you didn't have them in a long time, so you should be fine :yep:

I'm relaxing tomorrow and I can't wait! Why is it when you're about to relax, your scalp starts itching like crazy??? :drunk:

Ok thanks guys phew! I'm gonna do it. If my hair falls out ya'll in trouble! j/k :grin: Ok I'll post pics tonight. Thanks.

I just checked out your new pics. Great progress! Your hair has grow and gotten thicker! Keep up the good work!:notworthy:woot::clap:

I just checked out your new pics. Great progress! Your hair has grow and gotten thicker! Keep up the good work!:notworthy:woot::clap:

Thanks. I tried to do a side by side but I can't quite get it so here's what I have for now.

March 2nd ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// April 27th
2447261911_e17bac5d52_m.jpg
2447265209_f1439ef872_m.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I tried to do a side by side but I can't quite get it so here's what I have for now.

March 2nd ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// April 27th
2447261911_e17bac5d52_m.jpg
2447265209_f1439ef872_m.jpg

GREAT progress!!! :clapping:

At this rate, with your next relaxer, you'll be past BSL! :yep:

Back