Help...electric versus stove straightening combs??

avyance

Ok, last week my stylist pressed my hair with a stove pressing comb and it looked just like a perm.

This week I pressed my own hair with an electric pressing comb. IT DID NOT COME OUT THE SAME!!!

I am trying to figure out what I did differently. Is it that I didn't have it hot enough? I had it on 300 degrees.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!:confused:

avyance said:
Ok, last week my stylist pressed my hair with a stove pressing comb and it looked just like a perm.

This week I pressed my own hair with an electric pressing comb. IT DID NOT COME OUT THE SAME!!!

I am trying to figure out what I did differently. Is it that I didn't have it hot enough? I had it on 300 degrees.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!:confused:

What products did she use i.e. pressing oil, creams etc?

I know that she used dudleys setting lotion, then she blow dried it, and then she just put some design essentials grease on it. Oh and after she pressed it, she flat ironed it.

Do you think the products helped? The only other thing is that I noticed it seemed that her comb was hotter than mine.

I don't think eletric get as hot as the ones you put on the stove. I've used both and the stove one gets hotter. That's just like an electric curling irons and the stove ones the hairdresser uses. The stoves ones seem to work better than the ones you plug in an outlet.

It's not just about heat, but about technique and the weight of the comb, etc. I personally hate electric combs. I don't like the consistant heat. i like to control the heat. And the cord gets in the way. Just my opinion.

jwhitley6 said:
It's not just about heat, but about technique and the weight of the comb, etc. I personally hate electric combs. I don't like the consistant heat. i like to control the heat. And the cord gets in the way. Just my opinion.

I agree with you.

How often will you be using a hot comb OP? I've got to say that stove is bloody addictive because yes it gets the hair pin straight. I suppose it's okay occasionally but not sure how good it can be for your hair if you're doing it regularly. The last time I went to my stylist to get my hair straightened she used the comb and she got it very straight indeed. So perhaps it is about technique...

In any case I personally think it's much better to just stick with a flat iron really for long term regular use.

I'm a HUGE fan of electric hot combs, I dont like the fact that you're only left to guess how hot stove combs are I like the fact that with the hot comb you know exactly what temp you put it on.

I have the hot tools electric hot comb that goes from 1-10 I usually put it to eight:

prcomb.JPG

What are you using on your hair to facilitate straightening? I dont think 300 is enough if you have coarse type 4 hair....

That hot comb is tha bizness, it gives me such a good press that in humid weather the bottom half of my hair will be the first to revert and the roots that I use the hot comb on will be the very last to revert and often stays smooth. I love it. Its gone into retirement since I got my maxiglide but it did me well all the years I used it prior:yep:

My mom would hot comb my hair when I was younger and the stove is the best way to go. You should stick to the stove if that works better for you. As they say, if ain't broke don't fix it.

Back