Hello Hydration GOODBYE!

secretrose

After the rave reviews on this conditioner, i decided to try it. First time I used it I loved it! Soft NG, great slip, was looking like a staple for me.:grin: But just one thing i noticed......

My hair was falling out! WTH :cry: :eek:

I cowash and rollerset every other day, only 1/4 of my hair from ear to ear. The rest of my hair is in cornrows and so I don't do much to it. I noticed an usually amount of shed hairs the first day. Maybe 8. It didn't really alarm me that much but the next non wash day, more shed hairs came out while finger combing. hmmm. Normally i only shed when rollersetting, so this was a bit odd. They definately were shed because they all had the bulb.

The next wash day, i cowashed again with HH. Now, 25 shed hairs came out! only from the front of my hair. That was alarming. The next none wash day a few more hairs came out. That's when I did a search and noticed some ppl were having the same issue.

It's too bad :ohwell:, because the NG softness and slip is amazing. I went back to my normal cowash contioner. QP intense and haven't had more than 3 shed hairs rollersetting since then.

Has anyone else had this problem with hello hydration?

It's normal to shed up to a 100 hairs a day. You will be fine. Hello Hydration isn't causing your natural occurance of shed hair.Calm down.

It's normal to shed up to a 100 hairs a day. You will be fine. Hello Hydration isn't causing your natural occurance of shed hair.Calm down.

25 shed hairs from a small section of my head is no where near normal for me. That area is noticeably thinner since using it. As soon as i stopped, the shedding is not nearly as much. I really believe there has to be some chemical in this product causing it.

I absolutely LOVE Hello Hydration...It may be something else (ex. environmental, manipulation, etc.) that is causing your abnormal shedding. I shed all the time.

I've been about 3 mos. post relaxer and I've been getting a crazy amount of shedding. i don't think its the HH conditioner, tho. I think its the enviroment and the relaxer process.

Hello Hydration conditioner dried my hair out like crazy !!! It took about 2 to 3 months of deep conditioning to get my hair to feel like it was supposed to. On another forum last year there were other ladies that mentioned super dry hair in association with HH. I said goodbye to HH a while ago. I know it is raved about but it does not agree with my hair at all. :nono:

Hello Hydration conditioner dried my hair out like crazy !!! It took about 2 to 3 months of deep conditioning to get my hair to feel like it was supposed to. On another forum last year there were other ladies that mentioned super dry hair in association with HH. I said goodbye to HH a while ago. I know it is raved about but it does not agree with my hair at all. :nono:

It has cones in it and protein

^^^ This is me! I only used it once, that was all I needed. It does well on my daughter's natural 4a hair though...plus she likes the smell. Everything is not for everybody :nono:

I'm guessing it's not the conditioner. But that's just a guess. You know your own hair, so at least now you know what you shouldn't use.

I've been using this since last year and I haven't had any problems. I agree that is it probably something else causing the problem. U hair may also eneed protein.

Thanks for everyone's input but my shedding has reduced drastically since stopping the usage so I am almost certain that was the cause. It does work for some ppl and I'm glad, but this is just a caution for others who might have not tried it yet.

Thanks for everyone's input but my shedding has reduced drastically since stopping the usage so I am almost certain that was the cause. It does work for some ppl and I'm glad, but this is just a caution for others who might have not tried it yet.

I'm definetly not going to sit here and tell you that it couldn't be the conditioner, because the human body is such a complex and varying labryinth of tunnels, blood vessels, and inner-chemical reactions that it would be silly to say, "well it couldn't have been the conditioner" (not to insult the ladies who did say that, but who knows what her body, excuse me, scalp, can or cannot take?); that one incidental ingredient in this conditioner, the one that's waaay at the bottom, could have caused you unnecessary shedding; keep in mind that shedding isn't just a normal chemical reaction, stress causes shedding, as well as many other things. Anything could have caused the reaction. I will say that HH dries my ends out, like paper....that's it , my two cents.

Back