Hello Everyone! (I'm new)

MrJohnsonsRib

I just wanted to introduce myself since I just joined. I'm new to forums PERIOD so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have so many questions and right now I feel l ike a sponge all of a sudden with all this new info. I have 4b hair, as you would call it. It been relaxing/unnatural (both professional and selfrelaxed) since i was 7 and I've done just about everything to my hair except color it. I grew up in Florida on the hot comb, hair grease ,and braids so I knew nothing about how to manage chemically altered hair(neither did my momma) so I have pretty much been damaging it with harsh products and styles. I joined the military in '05 (hair just past my ears) and i became more aware of my hair situation (or should I say frustrated) cut it short for the first time ever in 06 and CRIED about everytime I tried and failed at styling. It grew just shy of my ears during my pregnancy in 07 and I cut it again around 4 mos ago....I'm gonna stop there cause I can talk a WHOLE lot...but BOTTOM LINE: I want long healthy hair and I think this is the perfect sanctuary for support. A lot of you ladies seem so awesome and I'm pretty anxious to gain some intelligence from the wise! :newbie:

Welcome aboard,
there is so much to learn and so many ladies willing to empart knowledge. Enjoy your time here.

I'm not sure I'm the right person to welcome you (as this is my first post as well!), but WELCOME anyway. I've been a paid lurker for months and this site will really help you on your healthy hair journey.

Happy Growing!

I'm not sure I'm the right person to welcome you (as this is my first post as well!), but WELCOME anyway. I've been a paid lurker for months and this site will really help you on your healthy hair journey.

Happy Growing!

:welcome3: to you too!

Welcome! I'm a newbie too but a lurker like forever it seems :grin:

Take the time to read thru the threads and soak up as much info as you can. You'll learn so much!

See ya around!

Thanks eveyrbody!!! I can feel the love seeping from the PC! Any advice for a newbie starting with virtually no knowledge? I know everyone's hairstory is a bit different but everyone's story ought to serve as some good ideas and I can sorta get an idea of where i should start.

You guys are so welcoming that I gave everybody I could "Thanks"! I'm in the military-Air Force to be specific and uniform policies and just wearing them in general, well they are not designed with "everyone" in mind and I have been tempted to go natural but this is a obstacle that I am seeking advice to overcome somehow and although braids and weaves are allowed (no dreads) the folks up here will request a couple hundred bucks to braid up here in Alaska and where I'm from that is unheard of. Sad thing is sometimes you have no choice but to pay and when its done it aint even all of that. Pray for me ya'll!!

Hey there and welcome! You are def at the right place tn start your hair journey. Enjoy the board.

Welcome to the board!! I am new to this as well, but it doesn't take long to become hair obssessed and a product junkie (PJ) on these boards. Great people, with great advice!!!

Thanks eveyrbody!!! I can feel the love seeping from the PC! Any advice for a newbie starting with virtually no knowledge? I know everyone's hairstory is a bit different but everyone's story ought to serve as some good ideas and I can sorta get an idea of where i should start.

hey again, may the search tool become your best friend! That is a great place to start. There is also a really good guide for newbies hope somebody will post link (im on my mobile!). My story basically a lot of bad practices, excessive heat, infrequent washing, drying shampoos, and pink lotion! My friend introduced me and i said hello to co washing, moisturising/protein balancing, sealing, clarifying, no direct heat and Mega tek! Oh yeah im a recovering pj but i have found products i like and am trying to stick with them.:spinning:

Welcome to LHCF!! It's good to have you here. :) I'm sure your hair journey will be helped tons by all of the knowledgeable ladies on here.

Happy Growing!
Welcome to you too! Glad you came out of lurkdom. ;)

Back