Heavy Protein Treatment and Shampoo

vtoodler

When you do a heavy protein treatment, what kind of shampoo do you use?

Do you use a moisturizing shampoo, or do you use a clarifying or chelating shampoo?

a reg non moisturizing shampoo is sufficient. A moisturizing/detangling shampoo will block the protein from adhering to your hair properly

a reg non moisturizing shampoo is sufficient. A moisturizing/detangling shampoo will block the protein from adhering to your hair properly

i did not no this, so i guess anything clarifying, invigorating or chelating ?? i guesss my hair one cleansing condish is not an option either.

i did not no this, so i guess anything clarifying, invigorating or chelating ?? i guesss my hair one cleansing condish is not an option either.

Chelator's and clarifiers are different.

The purpose of the former is to remove heavy metals and the latter is to remove serious build up.

There are some chelators that say they also clarify you have to read the back with a fine tooth comb.

YOur hair one cleansing condish will possibly leave too much product on your hair for the protein to work properly.

I usually use a clarifying poo or any poo that will clean pretty well. I don't have much product buildup on my hair at all, but I like clean hair before I use a protein treatment.

I usually use a clarifying poo or any poo that will clean pretty well. I don't have much product buildup on my hair at all, but I like clean hair before I use a protein treatment.

Same here. I always use a clarifying poo before I do a protein treatment. I'm getting ready to do aphoghee treatment right now and will be using Mizani Purifying poo.

Back