Heavy Handed Ladies...

Neith

I'm very heavy handed with my products. I have tried using less and my hair was like "****, what do you think you are doing?"

Tangles galore and my hair was dry as a bone.

I go through:

18 oz of leave in conditioner in about a week and a half (3 bottles a month)

1/2 a 16 oz jar of deep conditioners a week (2 jars per month)

However, I can have a bottle of oil for like 2-3 months. A bottle or jar of gel can last for more than a year even though I use it every wash day. One bottle of shampoo lasts me a year.

but conditioning products?? :nono: my hair sucks that stuff DOWN.

It makes me scared because my hair isn't anywhere near being long. What is going to happen in the future, am I going to using whole bottles of conditioner every wash day? Or more? :perplexed

I don't think anyone really NEEDS a whole or even half a bottle of conditioner in their hair...

I've seen people with hair 3 times as long as mine use 1/6th of the product I use.

Has any heavy handed individual kicked the habit?

lol, I feel like my hair is addicted to conditioner and goes through withdrawl if it doesn't get it. :(

My hair is just getting longer, but I think I'm going to go broke trying to keep up with it!

One thing about my hair... it's very, very coarse. Does that have anything to do with how much product it needs/can absorb?

Advice?

That's true... I don't know how they do that either. My old hairdresser would use humecto on me. Less than half the amount that I use and my hair would come out nicely conditioned.

She always went on and on about how hard and coarse my hair is too :rolleyes:, but she didn't use any more conditioner on me than anyone else.

i am heavy handed but what helps products stretch is to either dilute w/ water or apply products on damp hair. depending on the product the out come is usually the same or better.it dosent work for some things though

I tend to be very heavy handed with things...especially I like (like conditioner). I get paranoid when I only use a little. I think things like "maybe it won't work if I only use this much. I'll just use a little more" :lachen: I know, it's borderline crazy, but that's how I am. Lately I've been trying to curb that, though. I have a tendency of overdoing things.

I tend to be very heavy handed with things...especially I like (like conditioner). I get paranoid when I only use a little. I think things like "maybe it won't work if I only use this much. I'll just use a little more" :lachen: I know, it's borderline crazy, but that's how I am. Lately I've been trying to curb that, though. I have a tendency of overdoing things.

:lachen:

I know what you mean. I always put in just a little more than I think is necessary.

The problem is how much is actually necessary though. :lol:

It makes me scared because my hair isn't anywhere near being long. What is going to happen in the future, am I going to using whole bottles of conditioner every wash day? Or more? :perplexed

My hair is just getting longer, but I think I'm going to go broke trying to keep up with it!

Apply your product while your hair is damp, put your hair in a bun and maybe place a plastic cap on for a few minutes. I found that helped me to have the product distribute through my hair and soak in while using less product. At the end of the day, though, you may need to invest in a salon size and call it a day! :look:

I am heavy handed with conditioners. My hair is so prone to tangling I want my hair to be super saturated before combing/detangling otherwise I break hair. I'd rather use up product than lose extra hair you know?

I
I go through:

:blush: It would take me at least 2 months to get through 18 oz of leave-in. How do you do it? Do you wash daily? Maybe I need to start using more . . .

This is embarassing, but My Heavy handedness ties right into my PJism.
Usually I tell myself that I will not buy anything until I use up what I have. So then what do I do?........I become heavy handed so that that product can hurry up and get finished:blush:...so that... I can go ahead and buy something else:look:

:hide:

I deserve one of these:gotroasted:

I thought I was heavy-handed until I read how much you use, Neith. :lol: I always apply leave-ins to wet hair, I think that helps. I layer my leave-in, then oil to seal, comb thru and then let it dry.

When I am doing moisturizer touch-ups on dry hair I do tend to use gobs of product though, and same thing with DCing. I use a lot then, I think DCs are what I am the most heavy-handed with. Last month I used a jar of cholesterol in just under 2 weeks, but I had been seriously slacking on DCs for more than a month- so I was trying to make nice with my hair again.

Apply your product while your hair is damp, put your hair in a bun and maybe place a plastic cap on for a few minutes. I found that helped me to have the product distribute through my hair and soak in while using less product. At the end of the day, though, you may need to invest in a salon size and call it a day! :look:

I'll try this, thanks!

:blush: It would take me at least 2 months to get through 18 oz of leave-in. How do you do it? Do you wash daily? Maybe I need to start using more . . .

I wet my hair daily, I don't rinse, just wet. One big squirt concentrated on my ends, one big squirt concentrated on my roots, one small squirt for the whole length... four sections.

It doesn't even look like that much, but that bottle goes down so fast!

One thing I can say is I don't have any bad tangling issues. It's keeping my hair behaving very nicely.

I thought I was heavy-handed until I read how much you use, Neith. :lol: I always apply leave-ins to wet hair, I think that helps. I layer my leave-in, then oil to seal, comb thru and then let it dry.

When I am doing moisturizer touch-ups on dry hair I do tend to use gobs of product though, and same thing with DCing. I use a lot then, I think DCs are what I am the most heavy-handed with. Last month I used a jar of cholesterol in just under 2 weeks, but I had been seriously slacking on DCs for more than a month- so I was trying to make nice with my hair again.

lol, don't laugh at me! :lol: It's an addiction.

I always apply on wet hair these days.

The most I can get out of a jar of cholesterol is 2.5 uses... makes no sense. Look at your hair length compared to mine. So scary. I bet if I ever reach bra strap that's going to turn into one use :wallbash:

i used to be heavy handed but am no longer. once i realized that i get better results using less product but making sure every strand is covered then i save more product and my hair is softer and swangs more. i am still heavy on the leave ins though cause i love me some leave ins.

I'm very heavy handed with my products. I have tried using less and my hair was like "****, what do you think you are doing?"

I go through:

However, I can have a bottle of oil for like 2-3 months. A bottle or jar of gel can last for more than a year even though I use it every wash day. One bottle of shampoo lasts me a year.

I don't think anyone really NEEDS a whole or even half a bottle of conditioner in their hair...

I've seen people with hair 3 times as long as mine use 1/6th of the product I use.

lol, I feel like my hair is addicted to conditioner and goes through withdrawl if it doesn't get it. :(

One thing about my hair... it's very, very coarse. Does that have anything to do with how much product it needs/can absorb?

Advice?

Girl its only gonna get worse, I go through those amounts in one application. I really feel smothering the hair works better, than being stingy with it like hair dressers are, my hair dresser said 'only so much will absorb' well that might be true, but my thirsty hair absorbs alot. A world of difference for my hair NOT listening to him:nono:

Last edited:

I go through:

Advice?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:@ the bolded

I have no advice as I am heavy handed with conditioners and treatments and have not intention to change that :lol: This is another reason why I don't fool with stylists...they want to use a dime sized amount of prouduct on your hair and then have the nerve to charge you an arm and a leg for some "special treatment" :rolleyes:

I'm heavy-handed too Neith. It only hurts when I go through that expensive bottle of my beloved Redken Smooth Down conditioner. I try to mix it with other things but it still disappears quickly.

This is embarassing, but My Heavy handedness ties right into my PJism.
Usually I tell myself that I will not buy anything until I use up what I have. So then what do I do?........I become heavy handed so that that product can hurry up and get finished:blush:...so that... I can go ahead and buy something else:look:

:hide:

I deserve one of these:gotroasted:
i am guilty of this shameless behaviour

I wet my hair daily, I don't rinse, just wet. One big squirt concentrated on my ends, one big squirt concentrated on my roots, one small squirt for the whole length... four sections.

It doesn't even look like that much, but that bottle goes down so fast!

One thing I can say is I don't have any bad tangling issues. It's keeping my hair behaving very nicely.

hmm, maybe if i put on a lot my hair won't tangle so much. my experience tells me that i'd just end up with oily and/or soft tangles, though. how does your hair feel to the touch? can you feel all the product?

Last edited:
I NEED to put mass amounts of conditioner on my hair. I know this to be true not only from my personal experience dealing with this mop, but from hairdressers.

Every hairdresser/stylist I have been to has used gobs of product on my hair. No dime sized amounts here. It's not uncommon for them to have to go to the back and get another bottle. Each of them has told me that I have ungodly amounts of hair. Braiders cuss under thier breath when I'd go in for micros.

2 thing that have helped me
1. being broke lol
2. buying conditioners in bottles, because you use less since you are not scooping it out of a tub. When you buy the tub you tend to use more because you see more and you are able to apply more, faster.

I add stuff to it, like oil and stuff. That mop extreme moisture conditioner only lasts me about 3 washes. nexxus humectress about 4. we don't want to talk about honey suckle rose. i just use entirely too much. I'm only like this with conditioner though. Sampoo will last me FOREVER. Leave in conditioners I usually only use for a rollerset and I'm VERY light with them cuz I want swang.

I use a LOT of conditioner. Always have, and the longer my hair has grown, the more I have used. That's why I don't even waste my time buying really expensive conditioners that come in small tubes (like Redken). Unless it is cheap, I try to stick to liter sized containers of conditioner.

My hair gave a hearty chuckle when I first tried to use one ORS pak :ohwell:. I keep trying to find the bottle, but no luck anywhere local.

Back