Healthy ends

keez1979

Does anyone have any recommendations of products that I can use to make my ends look healthier (less frizzy and hard-looking). I currently use UBH Dew and Profective breakfree. Dew is getting expensive and the breakfree only lasts for a little while. I have tried Mango Butter (hated it) and S-curl (hated it too). Any suggestions?

Maybe if you tried a little oil on the ends, that might help. Some recommendations are jojoba or any of the "Hot Six" type oils (there are so many brands that do the same thing), or even Kemi Oyl. Light oiling might do the trick.

Tebby

Keez
I was about to buy Profectiv breakfree for my ends, please explain what was wrong with it? Have you tried Profectiv Healthy ends, maybe that would be better.

[ QUOTE ]
Keez
I was about to buy Profectiv breakfree for my ends, please explain what was wrong with it? Have you tried Profectiv Healthy ends, maybe that would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not Keez, but I used the Profective end cream and I like it. However, I think if you do wear your hair down the ends would be dry by the end of the day. I don't think she's unhappy, but just looking for a little more protection/moisture in her ends.

Tebby

I was wondering about this too. Even with a recent trim my ends are feeling raggy. Since I wear my hair up most of the time I have started using World of Curls Activator/Moisturizer Gel. It's suppose to moisturize, soften and provide sheen. So far so good.

Check out the Plastic cap thread as well...I forgot all about that!! That might help too if you wear a plasic cap on your ends at night.

Tebby

Keez, have you tried castor oil? Kinda heavy, but it can give your ends nice, thick protection.
smile.gif

I use a dab of silicone product while my hair is wet. I just rub it on the ends after I have appplied my hair oil. No frizzies until the next shampoo.

karezone, I have been trying to get rid of frizies 4EVER...... what is silicone any how do I get it?????

I have tried different methods to treat my ends and so far my favorite is shea butter. Right after washing my hair I'll take a small amount, rub it between my hands until creamy and lightly coat the ends. I usually keep my ends bun'd up most of the week, but I'll either spritz water, a tiny bit of another oil, or leave in conditioner, or even more shea depending on how they feel.

So far my favorite method for my ends is a bun with a baggie and scrunchie over it, a.k.a. the "baggie trick." I got this from Allandra a couple of years ago and it's great. Adrienne has an excellent illustration of this on her website.
smile.gif

I mix a little evoo or almond oil with my leave-in ( Giovanni's Direct Leave-In ) and put it on my ends before I go to bed, then I do the same thing in the morning. Tames the frizzies!

Yes, the baggie trick is wonderful, particularly when you just want to concentrate on the ends. I normally wear a phonytail everyday, and underneath it is my baggie!! It does wonders for my ends.

Tebby

Marla,
I tried the Giovanni Direct Leave-in mixed with Olive oil and girl, so far, I am loving it!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you to the rest of you ladies as well. I plan to try the baggie trick as well and see how that goes! All of you ladies are the bomb!

I love the Giovanni Leave In. I washed last nite w/ GPB, then Humecto. I used the Giovanni and put my sample of Profective 3 in one Phase oil over it to air dry. My hair was totally tangle free. My ponytail is smooth w/o any crinkles.

When my ends need extra attention (like today), I air dry in two braids (pocahontas style) and apply a generous amount of profectiv healthy ends to the ends and a little ways up the braid. When I take them down the ends are frizz-free (though wavy from the braid). I noticed that healthy ends works better when you put it on wet or damp hair than when you put it on dry hair (it's pretty thick).

Back