What's your favourite moisturisers for HAIR ENDS ?

Re: What\'s your favourite hair ends, moisturisers?

gabrielle_union.jpg

Ok, I feel really stupid right now. I didn't know you were talking about olive oil!
grin.gif

I usually do it as a pre-shampoo, but this time I'll try it on damp hair.

Thanks again.

I use olive oil and I think it works really well.

gabrielle_union.jpg

Ms. Jadu:

Do you use it as a pre-shampoo, or do you also use it after on damp hair?

On damp hair (before rollersetting): <ul type="square"> [*]Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom [*]Jojoba oil or Wild Growth Oil [*]Profectiv Root Health (this is a new addition; just started using this recently) [*]Lafier Honey/Almond Rinse (mixed with Rosemary/Sage water and sprayed over the conditioners listed above; this rinse contains lanolin which my hair loves)
[/list]

On dry hair (nightly): <ul type="square"> [*]Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom [*]Carol's Daughter Hair Milk (a lot of people find this stuff very oily, and it is, but if you just use A LITTLE on your ends at night, it works very well as a moisturizer and I love the smell--Lily of the Valley. BTW, even if your hair seems oily when you first apply, it seeps in overnight, my hair is never oily the next day, just moisturized) [*]Africa's Best Liquid Hair Mayo (despite the liquid consistency, it doesn't frizz your hair and will leave your hair incredibly soft. However, if you apply too much, it will make your hair a little "poofy") [/list]

A good one to use is Mango Butter by Elasta QP. This is a excellent product for moisture
smile.gif

I also hate ORS Carrot Oil, but I love the Olive Oil one. It leaves my ends moist.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Pandora said:
you mean you have already been in there and still cant find some stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't searched for any Elucence products from there yet, however I will soon when I find a convenient time to visit the Pak centre.

AFashionSlave said:
I also hate ORS Carrot Oil, but I love the Olive Oil one. It leaves my ends moist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really destest the ORS Carrot oil as tends to weigh down my hair ends, which caused short pieces to break off when I apply it. The Olive oil one sounds better though, do you swear by this stuff? if its that great I might purchase it.
Thanks for your help!
smile.gif

Lee said:
A good one to use is Mango Butter by Elasta QP. This is a excellent product for moisture
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Lee,
I've heard a lot raves about the mango butter QP product! I'd have to add this to my WHAT TO BUY NEXT, PRODUCT LIST!
Cheerio
smile.gif

hi, I wanted to recommend kemi oyl shea butter pomade. I've been using it recently and it keeps my hair soft. The trick is to emulsify it well in your hands before you put it on your hair (dry). I also started using it when i rollerset/flat iron my hair and it protects it and gives great shine without revertion. HTH

I do swear by the Olive Oil. Why don't you try the mini-size. I know that some black beauty supply stores sell the travel size Organic Root Stimulator products.

I use Africa's Best Herbal Oil with Ginseng to moisturize my ends. I use Coconut oil on the new growth only.

LuvableLady said:
I wanted a spray product that was a good detangler so I went to the beauty supply and picked up a 2 in 1 Conditioner &amp; Detangler it’s called Next Image Avocado Oil &amp; Shea Butter 2 in 1 Conditioner &amp; Detangler. This product is wonderful it detangles and makes the hair moist, soft &amp; shiny without feeling greasy. I went specifically to look for a good detangler but I think I’ve got a lot extra in this product. The bottle states “Conditions &amp; Detangles, Softens Dry Coarse Hair, Moisturizes &amp; Prevents Breakage, Excellent for Natural, Relaxed, or Yaki Hair”

Ingredients: Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glycerin, Silk Amino Acids, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Citric Acid, Fragrance, D&amp;C Yellow #11, D&amp;C Green #6

This 8oz bottle was $3.66 very nice product and it will be my permanent detangler used at night when I put my braids in for tangle free moisturized hair during the day.

[/ QUOTE ]
This products sounds pretty darn good. Where can it be purchased?

I use the olive oil on damp hair. I usually put it in a sparay bottle with water and spray it in my hair. Then I braid my hair into a pont tail. When I wake up, I take out the braid, and my hair dries into spiral curls.

Hello, AFashionSlave

I have seen the mini size jars of ORS olive oil at my local shop, but I was reluctant to try it, because of my bad experience with ORS Carrot, but your testimony has convinced me experiment with it. Thank-you
grin.gif

I liked the Olive Oil much better than the Carrot Oil. ORS that is. I bought the carrot oil once by accident and meant to pick up the Olive Oil. Instead of taking the Carrot Oil back, I added some extra virgin olive oil to it and that did the trick!

Supergirl said:
Den

Here's the link for Elucence: Elucence Products

[/ QUOTE ]

Supergirl, thanks for the link! their products contain excellent ingredients for adding and retaining moisture in the hair shaft!

Re: What\'s your favourite moisturisers for HAIR ENDS ?

Lately i've been spritzing a lil water then spritzing oil (olive or hot 6)... it's simple but it effective.

Kiehl's silk groom, olive oil or jojoba oil.

Peachtree said:
Lately i've been spritzing a lil water then spritzing oil (olive or hot 6)... it's simple but it effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

This morning, I tried S-Curl Moisturizer for the 1st time. I sprayed S-Curl on my ends then followed with Hot 6 Oil &amp; put my hair in a bun. A few minutes ago I unwrapped my bun &amp; my hair looks &amp; feels extremely moisturized (no frizzes here!)....I even have a loose curl on the ends. S-Curl is a keeper moisturizer for me
smile.gif

Its a toss up between EVOO mixed with water or Keracare Oil Moisturizer with EVOO mixed in.
grin.gif
smile.gif

wgo, it's the only thing that helps this dry hair

Re: What's your favorite moisturizers for HAIR ENDS ?

I like Elasta QP Mango Butter, Parnevu T-Tree Oil/MTG combo, WGO.

In my spray bottle, I have this great concoction: carrot oil, castor oil, lil Nexxus Humuctress and good ole' water. LUV THIS!!!:yay:

Back