Healthier Front Edges Challenge

inthepink

Would anyone be interesting in a challenge to increase the health of their front edges? My edges are not in the best shape they could be due to using way too much gel, not rinsing it out enough, and not moisturizing the area enough. I've put myself on a plan to get the area in tip top shape.
smile.gif

Anyone interested?

I wanna join!
Actually for all my weak spots (the napp of my neck, crown, and behind ears, too) What are you gonna do to grow them out and keep your edges healthy?

Here's what I plan to do:

Nightly:
Spray front of hair with with my moisturizing spray (and the nape)
Apply a creamy butters mix
Sleep in satin scarf

Daily:
Vary hairstyles so that I am not always putting stress on the hairline. (updos, braidouts, twistouts in addition to buns and ponytails)
Wear styles where I don't always need gel to keep my hair smooth.
Use only "healthier" gels like FOTE aloe vera or vitamin e gel.
Mix gel with shea butter (this gives a nice soft hold)
CO washes most days of the week to avoid gel buildup

I have been doing this personally for months now. I have been suging the crap out of my edges but now they are too full. A lot of fuzzy new growth that won't stay put.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

Nightly:
Sleep in satin scarf

Daily:
Vary hairstyles so that I am not always putting stress on the hairline. (updos, braidouts, twistouts in addition to buns and ponytails)

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a great plan, I especially like the mixing of gel with shea butter.

ME!! I want to join!! Every now and then I spray surge on my edges but I need to start doing this on a consistent basis so I am glad this challenge is here
smile.gif
grin.gif

I would like to do this challenge for 2 months to see if it's made a difference in my hair though I'd like to evaluate after one month. So, let's set the challenge to begin on August 1st and end on August 31st.

Count me in too this is the reason why I first joined the board for hairline problems.
I noticed keeping my edges moisturized has greatly improved it.

I have been tending more to my edges lately as well. With my last relaxer, I did not touch-up my edges or my nape, which grow slower. I have also been using surge there as well as doing daily co washes to prevent build-up of styling aids. I see significant improvement. I will definitely continue my regimen and join the challenge! Great idea!
smile.gif

i would LOVE to join especially since due to a bad perm my front edges suffered. there was only a lil close to a inch left in the front and on my left side..so i'll be working on them both. i can't check in with you all but just kno BUTTA IS PARTICIPATING!!! lol

Does anybody use essential oil blends for scalp messages around the hairline -- with rosemary being the base of the mixture?

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

Nightly:
Sleep in satin scarf

Daily:

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a great routine. Count me in too...my edges aren't that bad, but could use some consistent attention.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

Nightly:
Sleep in satin scarf

Daily:

[/ QUOTE ]

so the gel/shea combo is working out for you? Cool!

[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

Nightly:
Sleep in satin scarf

Daily:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've only done it once, but I was amazed. Was it you who wrote that on another thread? I just took a bit of shea butter and the same amount of gel - put in my hands and rubbed them together before putting on my hair. It smoothed out my hair -- though it was white -- then the whiteness disappeared after a few minutes -- it later dried and was uber-soft but held very nicely with little to no frizz. How do you usually do it?

[ QUOTE ]
Innocent_Kiss said:
Does anybody use essential oil blends for scalp messages around the hairline -- with rosemary being the base of the mixture?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done this before all over my head but I think this is a great idea for the challenge also. I may try to do this a couple of times a week. I have all the essential oils already so I may as well!

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

Nightly:
Sleep in satin scarf

Daily:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've only done it once, but I was amazed. Was it you who wrote that on another thread? I just took a bit of shea butter and the same amount of gel - put in my hands and rubbed them together before putting on my hair. It smoothed out my hair -- though it was white -- then the whiteness disappeared after a few minutes -- it later dried and was uber-soft but held very nicely with little to no frizz. How do you usually do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much the same, dab of the gel, dab of the shea, smooth it on and I usually tie it down for a few minutes, and it works great! I love it!

I'd like to join! I'm giving myself another 4 weeks before I braid my hair, so it's perfect.

I would like to join. I will be using surge and the nexxus biotin creme and my castor oil. maybe not all at the same time though. God bless you all.

Back