Healthier Front Edges Challenge

lthomas1 - could they be longer, stronger, and softer? That's part of the challenge too if you also need to achieve that.
smile.gif

I'm in! I'll be massaging and using surge on my front edges. I pull my hair back all the time and could use a little filling in in front
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
lthomas1 - could they be longer, stronger, and softer? That's part of the challenge too if you also need to achieve that.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairlove, I am definitely in!!!!!I think this is a great challenge. I had been battling my edges for years. Now that they have filled in more I continue everyday to care for this area for continued health.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Here's what I plan to do:

Nightly:
Spray front of hair with with my moisturizing spray (and the nape)
Apply a creamy butters mix
Sleep in satin scarf

Daily:
Vary hairstyles so that I am not always putting stress on the hairline. (updos, braidouts, twistouts in addition to buns and ponytails)
Wear styles where I don't always need gel to keep my hair smooth.
Use only "healthier" gels like FOTE aloe vera or vitamin e gel.
Mix gel with shea butter (this gives a nice soft hold)
CO washes most days of the week to avoid gel buildup

[/ QUOTE ]

look.gif
what's FOTE gel?

[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
Fruit of the Earth Aloe or Vitamin E Gel

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks much!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
lthomas1 said:
This sounds great, but since using Surge my edges are back.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to know. I always forget to Surge.
crazy.gif
Count me in!

Definitely count me in..This is something I just recently started working on but need to continue!
smile.gif

*bump*

How is everyone doing on the challenge?

My edges seem healthier and less dry already. Hopefully, I'll really notice a difference at the end of the month.

My edges are holding up pretty well. No dryness or breakage and I no longer put gel on top of gel.

I am down for the challenge (i know i am late in the game)! i have one very thin spot right in the front my head that has been thin for a few years now. i just bought some Vita Tress Biotin creme two days ago and I have been applying it twice a day. I saw on the board that it is great for this very reason.

I relaxed my edges to today and my hairline is stronger and thicker I have been using castor oil,Surge and Nexxus Biotin Cream.

I am progressing...I have some peach fuzz where my bald patches were. One of my co-workers even noticed, which me feel really good. So far I am using Surge, WGO, and Nioxin Treatment and I am adding scalp massages.

I am doing well. I have been surging and applying wgo (because surge makes my scalp dry), stopped brushing to smooth and stopped using hairspray to tame flyaways. I have a lot of new growth around my edges, which is a good sign.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
*bump*

How is everyone doing on the challenge?

My edges seem healthier and less dry already. Hopefully, I'll really notice a difference at the end of the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

My edges seem okay from the braids. There's a little breakage (I think?) but at the same time a lot of new growth to make up for it. I'll be able to tell if they're really thicker, longer and healthier after I relax and not have shrinkage.

Everythings been going well. I've been using ORS Shea Butter Lotion and that has made my front edges really soft.

Back