He won't give me his address??

I say go. I hate not having answers! You want to know if what you are thinking is correct. Be careful! Do not speed.

Girl, wasn't it curiosity that killed the cat? :lachen:

I say let the dude do what it do- show him the door of his undisclosed residence. :nono: It's probably momma's house... or wifey's house anyway. :look:

I could understand if he NEVER gave it to you at all.
But he DID give it to you before...so either
1. He's mad and "teaching you a lesson" for losing it.
2. Has since shacked up with someone else after giving you the address...

So he just said "No?" No reasoning behind it? Just "No." Didn't you question why? How did he respond if so?...tread cautiously!!
~*Janelle~*

I wouldn't waste my gas money driving two hours to his house. Maybe if it was 10 minutes away. :look: But two hours? Nah. That's four hours you'd be in the car. :nono:

What if you get there and you don't see anything? It's already bad enough that he wouldn't give you the address. That's enough to put some distance between you and him.

or maybe the addy he originally gave her was a fake and he did not want to give it a 2nd time b/c he couldn't remember the 1st one he gave, he found someone closer than 2hrs away and she comes over, or any other number of hypothetical scenarios.

in fact, op, how does one date for 6 months and only live two hours away and not go to the other person's home one time? did he ever come to see you in that 6 months? did y'all meet 1/2 way @ the Starbucks?

shoot, i'm dong better than you with my Canadian friend (friend not LDR) that i met (5 years ago) online and only s/w via im or email once or twice a year. he's invited me all expenses paid to come see him and we ain't even dating, yet you live 2 hours away and he won't re-give you his address. woooooooow.

sweetie, take it from us, something is not right. whatever that something is, is irrelevant, cut your losses and keep it moving. if he contacts you again, tell him:

Dear Mr. LDR:

Despite my best efforts at retaining you in your current position as my long distance boyfriend, it has become apparent that current emotional conditions have forced me to reduce my workforce. Unfortunately, you are the one directly affected by this cutback. During your probationary tenure, your performance has been unacceptably poor and cannot be allowed to continue and as a result, I have no choice but to cut my losses and terminate your employment.

I have looked into a possible reassignment as my trophy arm decoration or side-piece, however your skill set is woefully inadequate therefore reassignment is not an option.

This meeting/conversation/voice mail/text is to formally give you notice that your last day of active employment was___. Please be sure to return all Danene5 property that you may have. This will also serve as final communication in all matters as all audio/video/electronic communication is now ceased. No recommendations to future employers will be forthcoming.

While this action is regrettable, it is necessary for the proper function and continued positive growth of Danene5 yet your contributions have not gone unnoticed and have been appreciated.

I wish you well in your future endeavors. Good luck.

Fondly,

Danene5​

sweetie, take it from us, something is not right. whatever that something is, is irrelevant, cut your losses and keep it moving. if he contacts you again, tell him:
Dear Mr. LDR:

Despite my best efforts at retaining you in your current position as my long distance boyfriend, it has become apparent that current emotional conditions have forced me to reduce my workforce. Unfortunately, you are the one directly affected by this cutback. During your probationary tenure, your performance has been unacceptably poor and cannot be allowed to continue and as a result, I have no choice but to cut my losses and terminate your employment.

I have looked into a possible reassignment as my trophy arm decoration or side-piece, however your skill set is woefully inadequate therefore reassignment is not an option.

This meeting/conversation/voice mail/text is to formally give you notice that your last day of active employment was___. Please be sure to return all Danene5 property that you may have. This will also serve as final communication in all matters as all audio/video/electronic communication is now ceased. No recommendations to future employers will be forthcoming.

While this action is regrettable, it is necessary for the proper function and continued positive growth of Danene5 yet your contributions have not gone unnoticed and have been appreciated.

Fondly,

Danene5​

:lachen:

Nice letter, 1Star!

or maybe the addy he originally gave her was a fake and he did not want to give it a 2nd time b/c he couldn't remember the 1st one he gave, he found someone closer than 2hrs away and she comes over, or any other number of hypothetical scenarios.

in fact, op, how does one date for 6 months and only live two hours away and not go to the other person's home one time? did he ever come to see you in that 6 months? did y'all meet 1/2 way @ the Starbucks?

shoot, i'm dong better than you with my Canadian friend (friend not LDR) that i met (5 years ago) online and only s/w via im or email once or twice a year. he's invited me all expenses paid to come see him and we ain't even dating, yet you live 2 hours away and he won't re-give you his address. woooooooow.

Dear Mr. LDR:

Fondly,

Danene5​

Can i get a copy of that? Better yet, can i offer you a retainer?:yep::lachen:

I hope she's OK. I don't advocate drive bys but I know we all have done them before:look: Dont act and come in here 20 years later like you dont know what's up :perplexed: :lol:

I consider myself to be a sane and reasonable person but I know how it feels to be on a mission. Once when I was crazy in love, I drove all night to my out of town bf's house because he'd cancelled on a visit to me, and I knew he had a chick over there, I just knew it! But I wasn't mature enough to let it go (19:rolleyes:) I had to see it for myself :lol:

I got in my car, -in my umbros, flip flops and socks at like 12am, :lol: got there at 4:30am, knocked on the door, verified a chick was there, cursed him out, got on the road, changed my number when I got back home and never spoke to him again. Oh until he came crawling from out of a rock months later to tell me how sorry, wrong,etc he was:rolleyes:

I'm sorry OP:nono::nono:

I hope she got some answers. I've been there, done that...taking that late night ride b/c he won't answer the phone etc.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Guys, I have just been so busy. JR I didn't get your IM. You know I am always online. This was my ultimate decison. I decided not to roll up on him. I feel that if he is hiding something the truth always comes to light. He has called and contacted me on various occassions since. I have not answered any of his messages. They are the same ol, same ol. " I love you, I have just been working so much lately and traveling. Being that I do travel 4 days out of the week as a consultant. I didn't want you to show up at my home during a time that I have rented out my house. I know that when you come donw on 3/14, I will be in Charlotte. I will hit you back up and I sincerely apologize for not showing or giving you the love and attention that you need. I will make it up to you". Love Q. So until he decides to put forth effort into a relationship I am DONE!!!. I just don't see the need for the games. He doesn't understand one thing. He had priority #1. He just made a few things very clear to me. I appreciate all of your concerns. But he really isn't worth my time. All I can do know is pray about forward movement.

I'm glad U're okay. Some of the ladies were geuninely concerned for your safety. Do what you know is best (not what you think is best). Take good care of yourself and your heart. We're here for you (I know that may seem weird, but we be sistahs up in here)

Um, I'm a consultant, travel 4 days out of the week, and never have rented my house out. Nor do any of my coworkers. Just wanted you to know that.

I've worked with - hundreds - literally - of consultants, and they never rented out their house for four days.

:scratchch
Though, it would be convenient if you could find someone who lives in your host city, and ya'll could trade houses for the days you would be out of town. :look: Still sounds fishier than the Boston Harbor.... :nono:

He rents it out for 4 days? Then where on earth do these renters go for the rest of week?! This guy is a character, lol, u can do better!

Back