He keeps asking for a back rub???

Ladies before you jump on me, please hear me out. I've been dating this guy for 2 weeks and he seems nice, just a little bit cocky here and there, well anyway, he keeps asking me to come over his apt for a back rub because he messed his back up. I told him I'm not comfortable doing it cause I don't know him like that but he keeps asking and asking. I know the simple thing to do is let him step but he truly seems nice and I'm not sure if he really does have a bad back or got a little something something else on his mind. He said he's not trying to get some hanky panky but why is he insisting I give him that back rub? My friend said he could be a psycho but he doesn't come off like that. What do you guys think???

:lol:

RUN, GIRL! This is one of those red flags people ignore and then look up later after their life is effed up asking "well how was I supposed to know he was a kang?" :lol:

This is total bull-shiatsu.

His back is fine. It's his front he's worried about.

And if I'm wrong and he's telling the truth, I would still suggest you think twice about getting involved with a man who has debilitating back problems. For obvious (maybe not) reasons.

:yep:

:lol:

RUN, GIRL! This is one of those red flags people ignore and then look up later after their life is effed up asking "well how was I supposed to know he was a kang?" :lol:

Not necessarily. Men are going to try you, period! It's up to her to set her boundaries....He definitely has potential to be a "Kang." This is more of a yellow flag, please proceed with extreme caution!!!

uh huh...da infamous "back rub" lololol that's just like a guy saying "lemme give you a massasge...I'm excellent at giving masssages"

next thing u know while ur layin on ur stomach gettin this massage, he's layin on ur back, kissin u on ur neck wif his penis pokin u in da behind.

so if u massage his back, then he'll roll ova and show u what he's working with. *sighs*

i didn't think men still asked for "massages" in this new day and age.

tell dat bama to go kick rocks. his game is weak and he's late.
Then he will just want to put the head in. :giggle: Or do something that I learned about on this site, he just want to do a little "soaking".

:lol: I feel you. One time a guy I was talking to offered to let me sleep at his place since he didn't want me to drive those long 30 minutes home. My first thought was "That's so nice of him!" The nerve of me :spinning:

Clearly guys still think with their you know what!! :grin:

:lol: I feel you. One time a guy I was talking to offered to let me sleep at his place since he didn't want me to drive those long 30 minutes home. My first thought was "That's so nice of him!" The nerve of me :spinning:

That drive probably lasted longer than he did :nono:

:lachen: I didnt' think they were still doing this either. I thought it went out with the "come over and watch a movie" trick.

LMAO! Though I shouldn't be laughing too much b/c dh got me with that one when we were dating. Except he added on "I'll cook you dinner" :lol:

Op I would refer him to a good physical therapist or chiropractor for that bad back of his :lol:

Or throw his arse off by saying something like "Aw, you have a bad back? Cause I was hoping ... :lick:" or "Ok, what kind of lubricant works best on your back muscles? I can bring some with me."

I bet his true intentions become clear real fast.

I think that's why some guys are really interested in younger women. For example a guy in his mid 30s tell an early 20 year old to come to his house for a back rub or spend the night so she won't have to drive home. The young 20 year old may think that's sweet and fall for his charm. A mature woman would be like " If your back is hurting you should contact a chiropractor" (aka: :look: boy please)

Ladies before you jump on me, please hear me out. I've been dating this guy for 2 weeks and he seems nice, just a little bit cocky here and there, well anyway, he keeps asking me to come over his apt for a back rub because he messed his back up. I told him I'm not comfortable doing it cause I don't know him like that but he keeps asking and asking. I know the simple thing to do is let him step but he truly seems nice and I'm not sure if he really does have a bad back or got a little something something else on his mind. He said he's not trying to get some hanky panky but why is he insisting I give him that back rub? My friend said he could be a psycho but he doesn't come off like that. What do you guys think???

This thread is heeeaaaaalllllaarrrious!! :lachen:

I think the other ladies have said everything there is to about the actual 'back rub.' I was just a little concerned about the bolded ... It seems a bit odd. How well do you know this guys OP? How did y'all meet?

That one took my virginity. :lol: He also gave me a backrub. :lachen:

Ugh I remember in high school this dude pulled the backrub move on me and left the room and came back with a tub of vaseline :look: :lol: I turned around and caught sight of that thing and gave him the side eye from hell :lol: then he got embarrassed and fumbled the play. I know you ain't think you was about to rub some greasy *** petroleum on me :lol:

The last time this happened to me was my last year in college. But it was a guy I was kinda seeing so it wasn't a surprise attack like dude in the op is trying to do :lol: He sent me a text like, I think we both need to chill out and rub each other down and blah blah blah just a bunch of junk that was sounding really good to me. I was kinda like :yep: yes please but then when I got there he was scared to make a move! I was too stubborn to make one either because HE invited ME so ummm, make good on the invitation but he just keep stalling. Finally he started talking about going to get something to eat so I left. I told him I didn't want to be friends no more :lol:

Half the time (or maybe dam near all the time) we know what that means anyway. We just play the innocent role just to see how far we would actually go. Well I do atleast :lol:

Go to the park and give him a back rub there. The point is it doesn't have to be at his apartment. Why insist to do this in a private place? He may not attempt anything yet, but tell him you are so sorry that he has a back problem, you need a man with a sturdier back when it comes to something something.... then way a walk. :grin:

If it is game, he will try something else when he is on the prowl again.
That is too soon to ask someone you just meet to give them back rubs.

Wow, people still pulling the backrub line? I thought that one went out like late 90s, early 2000s or something? This is absolutely hilarious. I wish a grown @ss ninja would- I'd laugh in his face. Hard. Like I'd probably be in tears laughing at him.

I remember this was the thing in college. Some guys I knew would keep some Bath and Body Works lotion in their rooms specifically for this reason.

Now you know better than to fall for that...or at least you should. You've only been seeing this dude for 2 weeks! Of course he seems really nice. You don't really know him yet. Don't be a silly girl. Use your head. You should not be alone with some guy you barely know at his place giving him a friendly back rub. That doesn't even feel right as I'm typing it. Don't get too attached to this dude cuz he might have to get the green light. SMH.

I think that's why some guys are really interested in younger women. For example a guy in his mid 30s tell an early 20 year old to come to his house for a back rub or spend the night so she won't have to drive home. The young 20 year old may think that's sweet and fall for his charm. A mature woman would be like " If your back is hurting you should contact a chiropractor" (aka: :look: boy please)

No maam. Not all youngins are dumb. I'm only 23 years old and I've got more sense than that. A dude any age that tried to pull that mess with me will get a boy please with a side of eye roll.

Matta fact this has already happened...I ain't rubbed a back yet.

This thread is hilarious! See, this is why young women need older women to talk to (other than their moms!) when they start to date. A woman over 30 can spot this pitiful excuse from 500 yards away, at night, with a blindfold on. But usually the youngins only have their equally young and inexperienced girlfriends to ask. :nono: This can lead to major problems. :drowning: This is why girls need older aunties, or older female cousins, who can guide them. :yep:

Not necessarily. Men are going to try you, period! It's up to her to set her boundaries....He definitely has potential to be a "Kang." This is more of a yellow flag, please proceed with extreme caution!!!

I'm sorry but any man still using that wack early 90s, Montell Jordan, this-is-how-we-do-it game is a red flag in my book. He lacks creativity and style which would turn me ALL the way off. :lachen:

Back