He asked me to come over for dinner, I said yes

belletropjolie

This is what I get for skimming through texts:ohwell:

So this will be our third date. He asked me to come over for dinner and I said well I can't come do Friday, how about Saturday. He said sure this is my address. I went huh? Why is he seniding me his address. Until I saw that he had actually said "I would like to invite you to my place for dinner this Friday"

I missed that vital piece of information because I was rushing home to watch the debate. UGH.

I am not about that going over to guys houses (especially since I found out he lives in his uncle's house:nono:) . How do I back out gracefully? I'm thinking of just replying tommorow and saying "Hi xyz, I just reread your text and realized I misread it. Bummer. I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable coming over...drawing a blank"

This is what I get for skimming through texts:ohwell:

So this will be our third date. He asked me to come over for dinner and I said well I can't come do Friday, how about Saturday. He said sure this is my address. I went huh? Why is he seniding me his address. Until I saw that he had actually said "I would like to invite you to my place for dinner this Friday"

I missed that vital piece of information because I was rushing home to watch the debate. UGH.

I am not about that going over to guys houses (especially since I found out he lives in his uncle's house:nono:) . How do I back out gracefully? I'm thinking of just replying tommorow and saying "Hi xyz, I just reread your text and realized I misread it. Bummer. I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable coming over...drawing a blank"

I think that's exactly what you should say. :yep:

Don't be timid, tell him to put that Hamburger Helper back in the cabinet and take you out to dinner.

Ask him if it was gonna be a family dinner...Uncle sitting at the table in his underwear....

Don't be timid, tell him to put that Hamburger Helper back in the cabinet and take you out to dinner.

Ask him if it was gonna be a family dinner...Uncle sitting at the table in his underwear....

OMG :lachen::lachen: at the bolded, I litearlly LOL'd.

He said his Uncle doesn't actually live in the house but is traveling in Europe. I was already not really feeling him before that but that made me:perplexed.

I would just tell him that you misread the text and thought he was asking you out to dinner not over to his house for dinner. Tell him you are not ready to have dinner with him at either one of your houses as you two are in the getting to know you stage.

I hope you realize point blank he wants to get you in the house to make his move to try to sleep with you. So unless you're down for that, dont go over his house.

Just tell him u arent comfortable. Dont beat around bush. Unless you've known him for a long dont go over his place.

Also theres safety issues to think about.. he could be a psycho... anytime you go to a man's home that you barely know you are taking a risk.

No housedates boo. They'll find you in a ditch with your panties on ya face.

Be honest to him. Decline the invite to his home. If you haven't met his parents, don't know his middle name, haven't meet his best friend from 3rd grade, and then you don't meet his front door (he doesn't meet tour front door either). Date rape is real.

No housedates boo. They'll find you in a ditch with your panties on ya face.

Be honest to him. Decline the invite to his home. If you haven't met his parents, don't know his middle name, haven't meet his best friend from 3rd grade, and then you don't meet his front door (he doesn't meet tour front door either). Date rape is real.

Exactly. OP watch ID channel. If you did, you wouldnt even consider this. Theres a show "Dates from hell". All true life ish. no joke.

Thanks for the pointers you guys. Just to clarify, I was never entertaining going over - don't do that never have. What I was looking for was pointers on how to back out since I unwittingly accepted and I was a tad• bit embarrassed for not reading the text.

The more I think about it I'm wondering if I should just be honest and tell him I don't see this going anywhere. I wanted to get to know him a bit better before saying that but I have a feeling I'm just wasting his/my time.

Just be honest. And wrote what someone bolded from your OP.
Don't take up your thinking time thinking about a nice response. You are honest that is good enough.

I want to know who started that "I don't have sex until the 3rd date" crap???

Not saying that's what your guy is thinking, OP, but ... well, yeah, it probably is.

You're right to back out and let him know you're not comfortable.

He should have tried to be more creative. See what he should have said was "I would like to take you on a picnic at the park, beach etc" then zapped that Hamburger Helper out all romantical and stuff!!!! LOL WTH made him think to ask some mess like that 3rd, 4th or 10th date?

Just wanted to give a quick update.

Sent him a text saying exactly what I said in the OP. He then apologized saying I didn't mean to make you upset, I'm just so captivated by you, I get butterflies when I see you etc etc. Can I see yiu this weekend still".

If I actually liked him I would have been like awww...instead I was just indiffrent. So I texted him back saying I'm sorry I don't feel the same way. I think we should stop seeing each other.

Whew, I'm really proud of myself because my old MI would have been to just not show up at his place and ignored phonecalls/texts. Plus I was honest and didn't lead him on.

Back