He Asked And I Said Yes! I'm Engaged!!!

He proposed at the High Line, one of our favorite places in NYC. We had one of our first dates there (the date that solidified us) and have been in love with it ever since. I had to go into work Saturday in the AM and met up with him there late afternoon. He made dinner plans for the evening so I just thought we were going to enjoy the nice weather at the High Line. We went there, grabbed a bite, walked, talked etc.

We stayed at the High Line for four hours the first time we went together. There's a particular location where we sat and talked for a long time (we also took a lot of silly photos). We were at the same spot and he said "let's recreate the date." A few minutes later, he said it's difficult to recreate four hours of a great date so I'll do it in four words "Will you marry me?" I was beyooooond surprised. Seriously, at least 10 seconds passed before I said yes. By that time, a crowd had gathered around cheering and taking photos. BTW, we were so thankful to the lovely stranger who saw what was happening and took a bunch of photos. He later came up to us and asked if we wanted him to text them to us, how kind and thoughtful is that?

There was also a motherly lady who made us recreate the entire thing so she could take pictures.

My heart is full
I missed the pics. Argh! It sounds like a wonderful proposal and I am happy for you both.

Back