Just Got ENGAGED!!

Thank you ladies so much for your kind words and well wishes! I have been trying to go through and thank everyone individually but the connection is pretty bad where I am and it keeps timing out. More details tomorrow or Monday when I get home! :)

Aww congrats !! Care to share details... How long you've been together , where'd you meet for nosy romantics like myself?

Aww congrats !! Care to share details... How long you've been together , where'd you meet for nosy romantics like myself?

Happy to! I think I shared this in the "how did you meet your SO" thread so some of you may remember this story.

Last year a girlfriend and I were out at dinner celebrating her new job and we decided to go for cocktails after. The first place we went to was super crowded and there was nowhere to sit so she suggested another place that she had gone to once or twice before. We went in, sat down and were enjoying our drinks. A pest came up to us and started talking our ears off and would NOT. GO. AWAY. My fiance(who I had been sneaking glances at ever since he walked in) saw what was going on, came over, and politely got rid of the pest. He offered to buy my friend and I a drink and we spent the rest of the evening laughing and talking. At the end of the evening he asked if he could take me out for dinner and we exchanged phone numbers. He called the next day, we went out the next weekend, and we've been together ever since.

We went off to a romantic log cabin for the weekend and that's where it happened. He called my Mom(Dad passed away a few years ago) that morning and asked her permission to ask for my hand. Best weekend of my life!:grin:

Thank you all for being so kind. I really appreciate it. :kiss:

WOW, great news - CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

(*Waiting to hear how he proposed*)
eta: I swear I didn't see the story up there when I posted :blush:

Last edited:
Such a cute story. Miz Avalon you so deserve this. You have been on the board a long time like myself and it's nice to see the progression in your life. Best wishes.

Back