Have You taken the Pill?

Where do i sign up??? seriously i'd be willing to try it..but just not this early in the game...maybe in 3 or 4 years when more research is done and they've perfected the formulation. And i know exactly what happens with prolonged use as well as discontinued usage. I honestly do believe that this will be the next wave of managable hair. i think the traditional relaxers will be obsolete within 5 -8 years from now. The only problem i have is their ignorance...i mean what da?? 'we care about and need support of african decendants. And the characteristics for africans... geez. but anywho...as far as this advance in technology..this is pretty much the same as a few years back when folks were turning up their noses to Lasik eye surgery as a replacement for glasses. Shoot as soon as the prices dropped and lasik was proven safe... u betta believe i jumped on the bandwagon... :grin:

nope:eek: When is the afro pill comming out i'll try that one jus kidding! :grin: :lachen: This is taking it too far!

Last edited:
I abosolutely hate this! They're making it sound like afro hair is a curse. And its going to be a shame if this gets popular because all the ignorant/uneducated blacks who believe in "good hair" will take it, in hopes of getting "naturally" straight/wavy hair. IMHO something is not right if your hair grows out straight/wavy if you have kinks and coils, after taking a pill. Further more how does it do this to the entire legnth of the hair? That makes no sense what's so ever. They're even making it so children ccan take it to WHAT THE.... That really is conditioning your child into beleiving in good hair and bad hair. I have nothing against relaxer, damn I'm thinking bout getting one myself, however this is just something else...

Mizani_Mrs said:
Where do i sign up??? seriously i'd be willing to try it..but just not this early in the game...maybe in 3 or 4 years when more research is done and they've perfected the formulation. And i know exactly what happens with prolonged use as well as discontinued usage. I honestly do believe that this will be the next wave of managable hair. i think the traditional relaxers will be obsolete within 5 -8 years from now. The only problem i have is their ignorance...i mean what da?? 'we care about and need support of african decendants. And the characteristics for africans... geez. but anywho...as far as this advance in technology..this is pretty much the same as a few years back when folks were turning up their noses to Lasik eye surgery as a replacement for glasses. Shoot as soon as the prices dropped and lasik was proven safe... u betta believe i jumped on the bandwagon... :grin:
:eek: ... :confused: ... :( ... :nono:

Crissi said:
I abosolutely hate this! They're making it sound like afro hair is a curse. And its going to be a shame if this gets popular because all the ignorant/uneducated blacks who believe in "good hair" will take it, in hopes of getting "naturally" straight/wavy hair. IMHO something is not right if your hair grows out straight/wavy if you have kinks and coils, after taking a pill. Further more how does it do this to the entire legnth of the hair? That makes no sense what's so ever. They're even making it so children ccan take it to WHAT THE.... That really is conditioning your child into beleiving in good hair and bad hair. I have nothing against relaxer, damn I'm thinking bout getting one myself, however this is just something else...

I agree with this

Crissi said:

they try to make it seem like the losser the natural curl the better.. our hair is just as "good" as naturaly curly hair

rrolle234 said:
they try to make it seem like the losser the natural curl the better.. our hair is just as "good" as naturaly curly hair

I understand where u ladies are coming from. I really do. But i do not believe in 'the looser the curl, the 'better'... but for my hair the looser the curl, the easier. Easier to retain, easier to style, easier to wash, easier to try new styles...on and on. I would take the pill but I will say that I am in love with RELAXED straight long hair...i do not care for naturally straight hair. (if that makes sense). I also like long curly hair. I usually wear my hair in a frizzy chaka-khan puff and it looks cute cause i like the length of it. but anyways...like i said...if this method is proven safe then i think that it will replace relaxers and our grandkids will be laughing at us for putting 'drano' on our heads... and i'm certain that it won't alter your length, but it'll alter only your newgrowth, just the same as vitamins do. so a person would have to transition, and continue to take the pills.

sorry if i offended anyone..this is just my humble opinion...this pill is coming SOON if it is proven safe....

I wouldn't try this pill, but the company is just doing what other relaxer/texturizer ads do. They try to say their product is the best. What's the difference between this ad and the Naturalxer ads w. the napometer? I find that equally offensive.:mad:

Why would someone ingest something like this when its essentially messing wth your DNA-since thats the only way it makes sense for a person with kinky hair to grow out straight hair. With all the unknown causes of cancer in our world today, why go for more

This is heavy stuff. I wonder what else it would alter? Would it create birth defects way down the road? This is heavy stuff!!!!bonjour

Back