Have you ever used a conditioner that left your hair straw-like? Please report.

Have you ever used a conditioner that left your hair straw-like and feeling nasty?

• Yes, I was livid.

Votes: 133 90.5%
  • No, God has been good to me--never ever.

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters

Nice Lady

So, today, I decided to clear out as much conditioner as possible by using what I have and not purchasing anymore. I pre-pooed and that was great, and then, I shampooed and my hair felt okay. I decided to use my Alterna Seasilk Volume Conditioner for 10 minutes with heat. I used it my hair was straw-like and nasty. I am so mad becauseAlterna Caviar Anti-Aging Volume Conditioner that 12 oz bottle was 18.99 and wasn't even worth it. I decided to slap some of my VO5 Moisture Milks and it helped somewhat(VO5 always works for bad conditioners--in terms of bringing it back around). My hair felt better but now I am under the dryer with another conditioner for 30-40 minutes and hopefully that feeling will totally go away.

The Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Volume Conditioner is in the garbage--I was so mad. I wish I could burn it in my backyard but I think my neighbors will call the police.

Has anyone else had these stories?

Just about every Garnier conditioner I've tried pisses my hair off. I'd be better off not using conditioner at all.

Anything with too much protein does this to me (Joico K-pak reconstructor, ORS replenishing pack, LeKair cholesterol, Silicon Mix, etc). Its not that they are bad conditioners; they are just not what I need. They have to much protein for me to use regularly.

This is totally my fault because I should know better: With air travel on board liquid restrictions, sometimes I get to my hotel room and I'm too tired to go out again for sundries (or depending on where my DH and I have landed all the stores are closed). I have used the hotel poo & co....bad news. Very, very unhappy hair.

CG

So, today, I decided to clear out as much conditioner as possible by using what I have and not purchasing anymore. I pre-pooed and that was great, and then, I shampooed and my hair felt okay. I decided to use my Alterna Seasilk Volume Conditioner for 10 minutes with heat. I used it my hair was straw-like and nasty. I am so mad becauseAlterna Caviar Anti-Aging Volume Conditioner that 12 oz bottle was 18.99 and wasn't even worth it. I decided to slap some of my VO5 Moisture Milks and it helped somewhat(VO5 always works for bad conditioners--in terms of bringing it back around). My hair felt better but now I am under the dryer with another conditioner for 30-40 minutes and hopefully that feeling will totally go away.

The Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Volume Conditioner is in the garbage--I was so mad. I wish I could burn it in my backyard but I think my neighbors will call the police.

Has anyone else had these stories?

LMAO @ bolded :lachen:!

Yeah, anything by Motions makes me feel this way.

A lot of the protein conditioners mentioned so far, you have to follow with moisturizing conditioners or they will leave your hair feeling like that.

A lot of the protein conditioners mentioned so far, you have to follow with moisturizing conditioners or they will leave your hair feeling like that.

I have used protein conditioners and been fine--that was just packaged garbage--even after I was applying my conditioner prior to sitting under the dryer to correct that straw-mess--my hair felt like s***.:wallbash:

Ion's moisturizing conditioner left my hair like straw. I don't remember what it was called, Moisture Care maybe? I mixed it with some other conditioner and used it as a prepoo to use it up. After I used it the first time, I didn't know what to do. I ran to a salon to buy another moisturizing conditioner and came back home to DC. I really like Ion's restructure treatment so maybe I'll try something else from the line eventually...

Ion's moisturizing conditioner left my hair like straw. I don't remember what it was called, Moisture Care maybe? I mixed it with some other conditioner and used it as a prepoo to use it up. After I used it the first time, I didn't know what to do. I ran to a salon to buy another moisturizing conditioner and came back home to DC. I really like Ion's restructure treatment so maybe I'll try something else from the line eventually...

I was going to try ION and now, I am not--I am not going through this crap again.

Organix conditioner. Used it once and I had to throw it away, it was that bad. My hair was jacked up for a week.

V05 and suave also had my hair feeling like straw.

cosign on the Organix: the conditioners smell nice, but they leave your hair feeling like pure straw.

also:
- aubrey organics honeysuckle rose conditioner
- avalon organics ylang ylang conditioner
- giovanni leave in conditioner

Organix conditioner. Used it once and I had to throw it away, it was that bad. My hair was jacked up for a week.

V05 and suave also had my hair feeling like straw.

I have heard bad reviews about Organix from people and the same complaint--I wonder why they are like that.....

It doesn't take much to condition my hair, especially when it's natural. The only thing that made it feel like straw is Suave Professionals Sleek Conditioner. I was not amused.

Back