Have you ever left a man you loved because you felt that he couldn't provide for you?

Re: Have you ever left a man you loved because you felt that he couldn't provide for

Yep and it wasn't just finances he was not equipped emotinoally. He was abuses as a child and hasn't quite recovered and refuses therapy til this very day. I lub'd him. I love me more.

Re: Have you ever left a man you loved because you felt that he couldn't provide for

Yes, and it was a very hard decision!!!!

Yep I agree w/ the PPs. It wasn't just financial and it was a hard decision. I think we'll be great as friends and loving from afar.

No, never been with a guy who couldn't provide for me. But,I do know someone who is with a man who can't provide for her and I don't even know why she married him. Why A woman would marry someone who is unemployed is beyond me. If he was unemployed and okay sitting on his butt when you married him, what makes you think he's going to change??

Unless you are okay with not being taken care of, I wouldn't do it because it's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:

No, I haven't but I'd definitely do it if there kids involved.
I'm not married and my focus at this stage in my life is to get my hustle right so I don't need anyone to provide anything for me. I still will expect a man to be able to though.

Yep, sure did. He couldn't provide and lacked any ambition. I am ambitious, and this was a huge issue. More than not being able to provide, I came realize our values were different. I would have had to carry us if we were to have anything beyond the bare essentials. I can't live like that. By the end it didn't hurt so much because I accepted that neither of us could be what the other needed.

Him, me not requiring much of life. Me, him not wanting more in life.

Last edited:

Nope but I have left men that are financially irresponsible and unfocused with his goals. It is equally unattractive.

Back