Have the owners of your local BSS stepped up their game?

Demi27

I ask that because the BSS from back in the day used to be really small and only have a certain kind of hair.

Now, these BSS are off the chain. I moved to MD earlier this year, but I'm having a hard time finding a BSS that I like. So, I came back down to Virginia Beach for the Thanksgiving holiday. I decided I wanted to pick up some things since I took my braids out. I went to this BSS that I've only been to a few times in the past couple of years. I normally frequent a different one because the owners are so nice.

So I go into the BSS and I am blown away. Now, this guy normally has a lot of stuff but he has EVERYTHING. He had all kinds of hair (braiding/weaving/human/synthetic) and supplies.

I really wanted to buy some Caruso rollers some months back. They used to sell them at Target, but it appears they don't anymore. It looked like the only place I could buy them was online. Well, lo and behold this guy had them. He had Keracare and Affirm products. He had the professional stand up dryers (like the ones in the salon).

He even sold this thing for the barber shop.

I couldn't believe it. Every last product I've read about on LHCF he had. The only thing he didn't have was Design Essentials, but I wouldn't be suprised if he had that in there next. I could tell that he frequents the hair boards.

Has your BSS started selling more stuff lately?

Yesterday I went to my BSS and they had Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Last time I asked them about it, and they had this watered down version. They even have a half of a whole aisle devoted to Dominican Products. I felt like a kid in a candy store...mommy I want this and that and this, till I opened my wallet, lol. :ohwell:

Yeah...the ones in my city, a suburb, were crappy and ghetto...but a new one opened up about a year ago...and it is great. They really listen to their customers, if they don't have something you need, they will order and start to stock it. They sell everything from Murray's Pomade to Joico...so from the low end products to high end salon quality. Very clean and professional as well.

The ones here have been like that for about 6 years now. The ones with a "chair" in the back, are the ones to carry the professional stuff.

Back