[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
Bovine excrement!

Just in case someone is secretly wishing that were true:

Relaxers chemically change your hair. It breaks the bonds in it, making it straight. Once that has been done...you cannot reverse it.

Just like you cannot take the ashes from a burned peice of paper and make it new again. Once it is burned it is not fixable.

Someone said something like this before...except their recipe was TIDE AND VINEGAR...it is a wonder somoene has not blinded themselves or burned off their skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

PL -- it's so funny you mention this....My cousin whom I love dearly washed her hair with Tide (about 25 years ago)for a whole week, and it has never grown back....And Now she's getting bald spots....
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG...bless her heart. Why in the name of all that is good and right would she do that!?!?

Ok...I am sitting here thinking...could I EVER do that? Would I EVER do that?

If I no money, no other soap in the house but Tide...then maybe I could consider it...except if it were Tide with bleach! Nawwww on second thought...I would just rinse my hair really really really really good with hot water every day before I would use Tide.

Oh...I dont feel to well after hearing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, PL. my cousin had fine baby hair - the type you cannot do shissel with...it was a bit above shoulder length. she complained about it to some knuckle head girlfriend of hers who told her that she could thicken her hair by washing it with Tide. In a state of deseperation to get thicker hair, my cousin tried it......it's so unnerving to hear and see. sometimes she cries about damaging her hair and always tell other women to try not to damage their god given texture of hair. I think she has permanent scalp damage. She has even let this affect her self-esteem to some extent. She truly believes men won't stay with her because her will not grow.....I get sad thinking and talking about it....

Don't you believe it!
nono.gif

A relaxer is not something that sits on the hair like a coating, you can't rinse it off with ANYTHING. All the protein in the egg can make your hair hard though so maybe that's what she was mistaking as natural hair.

Just start on your road to transitioning and don't listen to anybody who isn't a member of LHCF.....we are here for you!
laugh.gif

I've used Unique before(about 5 years ago), that stuff won't reverse anything, it's similar to the Ms Keyes 10 n 1, it helps your hair to become a little more manageable, but reverse a perm...I don't think so.

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
Bovine excrement!

Just in case someone is secretly wishing that were true:

Relaxers chemically change your hair. It breaks the bonds in it, making it straight. Once that has been done...you cannot reverse it.

Just like you cannot take the ashes from a burned peice of paper and make it new again. Once it is burned it is not fixable.

Someone said something like this before...except their recipe was TIDE AND VINEGAR...it is a wonder somoene has not blinded themselves or burned off their skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

PL -- it's so funny you mention this....My cousin whom I love dearly washed her hair with Tide (about 25 years ago)for a whole week, and it has never grown back....And Now she's getting bald spots....
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG...bless her heart. Why in the name of all that is good and right would she do that!?!?

Ok...I am sitting here thinking...could I EVER do that? Would I EVER do that?

If I no money, no other soap in the house but Tide...then maybe I could consider it...except if it were Tide with bleach! Nawwww on second thought...I would just rinse my hair really really really really good with hot water every day before I would use Tide.

Oh...I dont feel to well after hearing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, PL. my cousin had fine baby hair - the type you cannot do shissel with...it was a bit above shoulder length. she complained about it to some knuckle head girlfriend of hers who told her that she could thicken her hair by washing it with Tide. In a state of deseperation to get thicker hair, my cousin tried it......it's so unnerving to hear and see. sometimes she cries about damaging her hair and always tell other women to try not to damage their god given texture of hair. I think she has permanent scalp damage. She has even let this affect her self-esteem to some extent. She truly believes men won't stay with her because her will not grow.....I get sad thinking and talking about it....

[/ QUOTE ].

Girl...I am telling you it just makes me wanna cry. A co worker walked by and my face must have been in distress caused they asked me "Who died?!"...I feel for her.

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
ok...that is sooo not true!

There is nothing that can reverse a perm. Adding vinegar to ur hair only dries the hair out. And since a lot of people associate natural hair with dry hair, it seems that the hair is unprocessed!
Vinegar, laundry detergent, and others are products used to damage the hair. They dont work, and I would advise you not to try it.

And, relaxers are permanent! There is no way to reform the bonds that were broken during the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

appl.gif

I'm transitioning. When I first joined this board and read about ACV rinses, I mistakenly thought it had to be applied straight. I did this a couple of times and didn't like the feel. Once I diluted it and conditioned, it went right back to straight.

SherryLove, I feel SO bad for your cousin. Has she ever seen anyone who has any suggestions on how to move past the damage the Tide caused?

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Let someone else be a guinea pig.
laugh.gif

My cousin swears up and down that she removed a relaxer with vinegar. I think her hair was just stripped.
ohwell.gif
I have seen a product called "Unique" in a white jar with black writing that claims to remove relaxers, too. I don't know... They are called permanent relaxers for a reason...

[/ QUOTE ]

Stripped is the word!

My mother told me about the vinegar thing years ago when I decided to let go of my relaxer. Bless the Lord I didn't try it!
nono.gif

Sherrylove I wish you the best during your transition. I almost don't want you to go natural...
look.gif

I laughed when I saw this post Sherrylove because my friend and I tried to do this to her hair before she did the BC. She had her from somebody that vinegar would return relaxed hair to its natural state and decided to experiment on her hair since she was doing a BC anyway. It didn't work on her hair so I don't believe it.

When I was younger, back home I used to hear of people using beer (yeah, the type you drink) to remove relaxers!!
crazy.gif

A hair stylist is used to go to back in 2000 said that she could revert a relaxer. She never told me how though.

I don't believe this can be done. Relaxers are permanent.

ummmm wtf kind of theory is that? if there was something to reverse a relaxer I would have been the first to know. Shoot dont let me find that out after chopping my figgin hair down to an inch
laugh.gif

I believe that it should be possible to unrelax hair, but the cosmetics world havent come out with it yet. Im just thinking about chemistry and hwo we break bonds but recreate the bonds with other reagents.

CAN SOMEONE FEEL ME IN THIS LINE OF THINKING?

See this is why im majoring in biochemistry and going to pharmacy school..in the end I want to do something in hair nad medicine.

-faye

[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:
I believe that it should be possible to unrelax hair, but the cosmetics world havent come out with it yet. Im just thinking about chemistry and hwo we break bonds but recreate the bonds with other reagents.

See this is why im majoring in biochemistry and going to pharmacy school..in the end I want to do something in hair nad medicine.

-faye

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe but I doubt it...Thats like trying to take ashes and turn it back into a block of wood
lachen70.gif
But hey you never know
wink.gif

Godd Luck with your studies
smile.gif

I haven't heard of this before. I do believe it will dry a person's hair out (that's why they recommend diluting ACV when applying it to hair). Cider Vinegar is acidic whereas a relaxer is alkaline so maybe folks think they will cancel each other out????

[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:

-faye

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you'll be the one who invents such a product which can recreate the hair bonds.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:

-faye

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you'll be the one who invents such a product which can recreate the hair bonds.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

she would be a millionaire if she does!!!!!!!
smile.gif

I do not like how some of you are comparing relaxed hair to ashes that can not be turned back to wood! Relaxers do not burn up the hair like that unless applied correctly. So THAT IS A BAD ANALOGY!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I do not like how some of you are comparing relaxed hair to ashes that can not be turned back to wood! Relaxers do not burn up the hair like that unless applied correctly. So THAT IS A BAD ANALOGY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

poohbear its not that serious i was joking. i am a science major and i was comparing it to the chemical processes as a whole goodness
ohwell.gif
And dont say some of you (as in a portion forum) when it was ME that clearly made that analogy.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

poohbear its not that serious i was joking. i am a science major and i was comparing it to the chemical processes as a whole goodness
ohwell.gif
And dont say some of you (as in a portion forum) when it was ME that clearly made that analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt picking on u, i wasnt even lookin at names. i thought i saw another post that was similar to what u had said. i used the ashes to wood as an example. but now i understand that u were just playin.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt picking on u, i wasnt even lookin at names. i thought i saw another post that was similar to what u had said. i used the ashes to wood as an example. but now i understand that u were just playin.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

okay
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Poohbear...from one Pooh to another...please reread the post.

I was the one who originally used the analogy.

However I was not comparing Relaxed hair to ashes.
I was comparing the process of "unrelaxing" hair to being as "permanant" as ressurecting something from fire that has been burned.

Once it is done it is done.

Please dont be so quick to get offended.

Relaxers ARE permanant (i.e. PERMS) THAT is my only point.

No one is trying to start a fight...so please dont look for one.

Peace to you.

Thats just the protein rebuilding structure. But it never reverts back to is pre-relaxed state.

Back