[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I do not like how some of you are comparing relaxed hair to ashes that can not be turned back to wood! Relaxers do not burn up the hair like that unless applied correctly. So THAT IS A BAD ANALOGY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

poohbear its not that serious i was joking. i am a science major and i was comparing it to the chemical processes as a whole goodness
ohwell.gif
And dont say some of you (as in a portion forum) when it was ME that clearly made that analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasnt picking on u, i wasnt even lookin at names. i thought i saw another post that was similar to what u had said. i used the ashes to wood as an example. but now i understand that u were just playin.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Poohbear...from one Pooh to another...please reread the post.

I was the one who originally used the analogy.

However I was not comparing Relaxed hair to ashes.
I was comparing the process of "unrelaxing" hair to being as "permanant" as ressurecting something from fire that has been burned.

Once it is done it is done.

Please dont be so quick to get offended.

Relaxers ARE permanant (i.e. PERMS) THAT is my only point.

No one is trying to start a fight...so please dont look for one.

Peace to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pookeylou,

I was not seriously offended in no way at all. I'm not mad or anything and I'm not starting or looking for a fight at all! I know no one is trying to start a fight. I didnt care who said it, I was just stating what I didnt like...that's all!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
SherryLove, I feel SO bad for your cousin. Has she ever seen anyone who has any suggestions on how to move past the damage the Tide caused?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tai and PL -- my cousin has been to several dermatologists all to no avail. It's fair to say she is suffering from permanent scalp damage. She has been to several different hairdressers, hair professionals, has tried different products. This poor woman has spent thousands of dollars trying to grow her hair back.
frown.gif
frown.gif
She is now using Doo Gro.......She says if it does not work, she will sport a classy wig....

my goodness..i havent read all the posts..but it is amazing to me how people think you can undo a chemical process. like trying to unscramble a scrambled egg.

i have heard tide..acv..detergent..etc the madness continues.

Thanks for wishing me well, ChocoKitty....
smile.gif
smile.gif

Atlien---I am just plum tired of all the dang chemicals. I am ready to know and embrace my natural hair......
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:
I believe that it should be possible to unrelax hair, but the cosmetics world havent come out with it yet. Im just thinking about chemistry and hwo we break bonds but recreate the bonds with other reagents.

CAN SOMEONE FEEL ME IN THIS LINE OF THINKING?

See this is why im majoring in biochemistry and going to pharmacy school..in the end I want to do something in hair nad medicine.

-faye

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you'll be the one who invents such a product which can recreate the hair bonds.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think...Ayeshia would not only be a well endowed millionairess, she will be SO loved by women who use relaxers and want to stop using them ....These women would just want to kiss her.....
wink.gif
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
ok...that is sooo not true!

There is nothing that can reverse a perm. Adding vinegar to ur hair only dries the hair out. And since a lot of people associate natural hair with dry hair, it seems that the hair is unprocessed!
Vinegar, laundry detergent, and others are products used to damage the hair. They dont work, and I would advise you not to try it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would thinks so as well. Here is what I found on a site under the topic of "Why Hair Reverts":

[ QUOTE ]
Over neutralizing can be as damaging to the hair structure as the straightening crème; over-processing can change the texture of the hair—permanently, and make it coarse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vinegar is acidic (neutralizes alkaline). When used straight it will strip/damage your hair and give it a coarse feel. It was also stated that she used egg (a protein). This might be something similar to clarifying (using the harshes clarifier) and then following up with a protein tx. The difference here I don't hear of going back in with a moisturizing tx, oils,etc. to recover/normalize the hair. Whatever the regime is that the lady uses I would think that your hair would not turn back to the condition it was in your prerelaxer days. Without further info I wouldn't try this (as dangers as I can be with experimenting).

Quote take from verticalsinhair.com/whyreverts.shtml.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I do not like how some of you are comparing relaxed hair to ashes that can not be turned back to wood! Relaxers do not burn up the hair like that unless applied correctly. So THAT IS A BAD ANALOGY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

poohbear its not that serious i was joking. i am a science major and i was comparing it to the chemical processes as a whole goodness
ohwell.gif
And dont say some of you (as in a portion forum) when it was ME that clearly made that analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif

I understood. Makes perfect sense.
smile.gif

lachen70.gif

But anyway, I don't think relaxed hair can go back to its natural state. No way in hizzle.
nono.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
Now that i think back far enough, there was this girl in my third grade class who swore this worked. But, her hair always looked jacked up and dry....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
so maybe it doesn't take the relaxer out of the hair, it dries the hair out period....

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!
look.gif
Yes, your hair will be all dried out and it may LOOK like the relaxer is "out" but what you really will have is dried out, damaged relaxed hair, NOT natural hair!!
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif

smile.gif

lachen70.gif

But anyway, I don't think relaxed hair can go back to its natural state. No way in hizzle.
nono.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I WASNT OFFENDED OR MAD OR ANYTHING!!! I WASNT TAKING IT THAT SERIOUS!!!
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:
I believe that it should be possible to unrelax hair, but the cosmetics world havent come out with it yet. Im just thinking about chemistry and hwo we break bonds but recreate the bonds with other reagents.

See this is why im majoring in biochemistry and going to pharmacy school..in the end I want to do something in hair nad medicine.

-faye

[/ QUOTE ]
Faye, I had to think about what you said, and I believe you may have something there. I mean we're talking about bonds that were broken. Who's to say that science can't create a method of restoring those broken bonds in the near future. This is the 21st Century and science and technology is moving a a breakneck pace and never stands still. So I would not categorically state this could NEVER be possible. But for now, I don't believe the technology exists to create such a process as "relaxer reversal".

But girl you go ahead and get your Ph.D. in biochemistry and research this thing and find an answer. I'll bet you can do it too. Of course you know you'll be filthy rich after you patent the process!

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:

ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif

smile.gif

lachen70.gif

nono.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I WASNT OFFENDED OR MAD OR ANYTHING!!! I WASNT TAKING IT THAT SERIOUS!!!
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say you were.
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Paladin said:
[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:

-faye

[/ QUOTE ]
Faye, I had to think about what you said, and I believe you may have something there. I mean we're talking about bonds that were broken. Who's to say that science can't create a method of restoring those broken bonds in the near future. This is the 21st Century and science and technology is moving a a breakneck pace and never stands still. So I would not categorically state this could NEVER be possible. But for now, I don't believe the technology exists to create such a process as "relaxer reversal".

But girl you go ahead and get your Ph.D. in biochemistry and research this thing and find an answer. I'll bet you can do it too. Of course you know you'll be filthy rich after you patent the process!

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be such a beautiful thing.....
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I feel you too. I think that even though it is not possible as of yet, it WILL eventually be done. It is only a matter of time.

They might develop a relaxer that is reversible through another chemical process.

Or they might develop a "temporary" relaxer that naturally washes off in x amounts of shampoos, just like we have temporary or semi-permanent haircolors that wash off in x amounts of shampoos.

In the 60s and 70s when afros were popular, scientists invented chemicals that frizzed up straight hair to meet the demands of white folks who wanted to wear their hair less straight.

If the demand is there, and there is a potential for good moola, scientists WILL find a way...
laugh.gif

Jessy, I think they already have something similar to that now, well, I know ORS was advertising the "demi" perm that straightens hair for a while with pineapple extract.
smile.gif
laugh.gif
confused.gif

The only vinegar & hair story that I heard was from my grandmother who said that some of her Jewish friends from back in the day who had really coarse hair would wash their hair religiously with vinegar and it would become straight like it was relaxed (I guess they were swapping hair straightening stories). I never heard that vinegar can take out a relaxer. Sounds like someone is crossing stories
confused.gif

its impossible to take out a relaxer because a relaxer doesnt add anything to the hair. its strips the bonds holding ur hair in its natural state leaving the hair limp. (not striaght,, this is why some ppl with relaxed hair still need heat to striagthen their hair)

adding things like beer an vinegar only serve to strip the hair even more an dry it out, giving the apperence of frizzy or what some ppl percieve to be "natural" hair.

unfortunatly the only way to get back ur natural texture is the growth it out from the top of ur head an cut off those relaxed ends
smile.gif

Back