HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER HEARD THIS????

SherryLove

I was sharing my decision to go natural with one of my coworkers. She replied,"you are crazy to cut off all of that hair..."I then explained that I will wait to I have about 5 to 5 inches of new growth before I chop. she then said, "you do not even have to do that... I have a girlfriend who takes her relaxer out with vinegar and egg every three years, and her hair is almost as long as yours." I asked her to contact her friend to get her regimen. This is what she got back to me with: "hi sherry i got some information for you. my girlfriend said she take an egg take the yellow and massage it in your head pour the vingear on you head massge it in. wash your head once a week or until you see the perm coming out you know the coarseness coming back."

Have any of you ever heard of this?????
confused.gif
confused.gif

Actually I was talking to my sisters in law about reverting to my natural hair, but waing to grow out more new growth. One of them told me to knock out my relaxer by applying vinegar to it. I have never heard of it until then. SHe didn't mention anything about adding an egg to it. She just told me to soak it in vinegar. I haven't tried it yet. She said she was going to knock out her relaxer too, so I think I will wait until she tries it first.

[ QUOTE ]
kandi1280 said:
Actually I was talking to my sisters in law about reverting to my natural hair, but waing to grow out more new growth. One of them told me to knock out my relaxer by applying vinegar to it. I have never heard of it until then. SHe didn't mention anything about adding an egg to it. She just told me to soak it in vinegar. I haven't tried it yet. She said she was going to knock out her relaxer too, so I think I will wait until she tries it first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have never heard of this at all. Has anyone seen pics of women who knock out their relaxers with vinegar? It's not ACV, is it?

I think it's straight garbage!! Once the chemical bonds in your hair has been chemically broken, there is no way to reverse that process. If that was the case, shoot as much experimenting as we do on this board, a whole lotta us would be natural again
laugh.gif

SherryLove,

I can't believe you're cutting your hair!!!! It's so beautiful, and long...but I can understand you wanting to go natural. I thought about that, but I decided to just let my hair grow back. Was your hair always that long? What products do you use in your hair? Have you ever tried things like mango butter, etc.? LOL sorry for the many questions, but seeing your hair length gives me motivation to grow mine.

~CutiePie0Five

"I think it's straight garbage!! Once the chemical bonds in your hair has been chemically broken, there is no way to reverse that process. If that was the case, shoot as much experimenting as we do on this board, a whole lotta us would be natural again"

No kidding - and vinegar sales would be climbing all over the world!!

I was talking to a co-worker the other day (she wears locs)I was telling her I was growing out my relaxer and she told me to use lemon juice and that it would "nap" my hair up so to speak. I was like
shocked.gif
at the ignornace of dare I say some black women that I talked with about hair. Needless to say, I haven't brought that conversation up again.
perplexed.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I think it's straight garbage!! Once the chemical bonds in your hair has been chemically broken, there is no way to reverse that process. If that was the case, shoot as much experimenting as we do on this board, a whole lotta us would be natural again
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
I have never heard of this at all. Has anyone seen pics of women who knock out their relaxers with vinegar? It's not ACV, is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I first heard of it a couple of months ago, from a girl who does it on her hair. Her hair looked a little "rough", not smooth. She says she pours vinegar all the way through it and let's it soak for a while. She says you have to keep doing in order to strip the perm. And that her whole family does it from time to time.

Anyway, I don't have all of the details, but I'll be sure to ask her if I see her again.

And IF you could reverse a perm, why didnt anybody tell me before I cut all my hair off???

I could have had a BIG afro by now!!!

I know it sounds mad crazy, but I would be interested in talking to this woman. I want to see her hair....
grin.gif
grin.gif
My coworker really believes this is the best technique for getting the relaxer out of your hair....

ok...that is sooo not true!

There is nothing that can reverse a perm. Adding vinegar to ur hair only dries the hair out. And since a lot of people associate natural hair with dry hair, it seems that the hair is unprocessed!
Vinegar, laundry detergent, and others are products used to damage the hair. They dont work, and I would advise you not to try it.

And, relaxers are permanent! There is no way to reform the bonds that were broken during the process.

[ QUOTE ]
CutiePie0Five said:
SherryLove,

I can't believe you're cutting your hair!!!! It's so beautiful, and long...but I can understand you wanting to go natural. I thought about that, but I decided to just let my hair grow back. Was your hair always that long? What products do you use in your hair? Have you ever tried things like mango butter, etc.? LOL sorry for the many questions, but seeing your hair length gives me motivation to grow mine.

~CutiePie0Five

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey CutiePie0Five,
Sherry Love was a feature of the month back in 2003. CLICK HERE!

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
I know it sounds mad crazy, but I would be interested in talking to this woman. I want to see her hair....
grin.gif
grin.gif
My coworker really believes this is the best technique for getting the relaxer out of your hair....

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope u get in contact with the woman soon. I wonder if it really takes the relaxer out or if it just makes your hair dry and nappy looking. I still don't see how this would work...especially if someone was relaxed with color-treated hair!
scratchchin.gif

Let someone else be a guinea pig.
laugh.gif

My cousin swears up and down that she removed a relaxer with vinegar. I think her hair was just stripped.
ohwell.gif
I have seen a product called "Unique" in a white jar with black writing that claims to remove relaxers, too. I don't know... They are called permanent relaxers for a reason...

Bovine excrement!

Just in case someone is secretly wishing that were true:

Relaxers chemically change your hair. It breaks the bonds in it, making it straight. Once that has been done...you cannot reverse it.

Just like you cannot take the ashes from a burned peice of paper and make it new again. Once it is burned it is not fixable.

Someone said something like this before...except their recipe was TIDE AND VINEGAR...it is a wonder somoene has not blinded themselves or burned off their skin.

Well if there are actual people saying they have removed relaxers from their hair with something, then it's just a matter of seeing the proof that it happened.
smile.gif

I just don't see how that is possible. Relaxers do break down the bonds of the hair so I don't see how using vinegar would somehow "reverse" what the relaxer has already done.

Now that i think back far enough, there was this girl in my third grade class who swore this worked. But, her hair always looked jacked up and dry....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
so maybe it doesn't take the relaxer out of the hair, it droes the hair out period....

My thoughts are that this just dries out the hair so much that it may *appear* that your hair has gone back to it's natural state.
I would just transition or do the BC before considering doing this.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
Bovine excrement!

Relaxers chemically change your hair. It breaks the bonds in it, making it straight. Once that has been done...you cannot reverse it.

Just like you cannot take the ashes from a burned peice of paper and make it new again. Once it is burned it is not fixable.

Someone said something like this before...except their recipe was TIDE AND VINEGAR...it is a wonder somoene has not blinded themselves or burned off their skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

PL -- it's so funny you mention this....My cousin whom I love dearly washed her hair with Tide (about 25 years ago)for a whole week, and it has never grown back....And Now she's getting bald spots....
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Ok...ya'll gon make me post what the chemical reaction in relaxers does to hair and I know some of yall dont want to see that!
smile.gif

It is not possible to reverse relaxers.

It is possible to REMOVE a relaxer from your hair...

BY CUTTING IT OUT...(not yelling at yall just emphasizing the point).

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
Ok...ya'll gon make me post what the chemical reaction in relaxers does to hair and I know some of yall dont want to see that!
smile.gif

It is possible to REMOVE a relaxer from your hair...

BY CUTTING IT OUT...(not yelling at yall just emphasizing the point).

[/ QUOTE ]

And we hear you loud and clear, Ms. PookeyLou.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
Bovine excrement!

[/ QUOTE ]

PL -- it's so funny you mention this....My cousin whom I love dearly washed her hair with Tide (about 25 years ago)for a whole week, and it has never grown back....And Now she's getting bald spots....
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG...bless her heart. Why in the name of all that is good and right would she do that!?!?

Ok...I am sitting here thinking...could I EVER do that? Would I EVER do that?

If I no money, no other soap in the house but Tide...then maybe I could consider it...except if it were Tide with bleach! Nawwww on second thought...I would just rinse my hair really really really really good with hot water every day before I would use Tide.

Oh...I dont feel to well after hearing that.

SherryLove, was she trying to get a relaxer out of her hair or did she just do it to do it?

Back