Has your man ever told you to cover up?

Harina

I preface this thread by stating I am studying and yes I like to procrastinate when I study.

What was your reaction?

So I am studying in the student center of my university, lots of student employees. I always see this one girl and her boyfriend. Today, this girl is wearing an incredibly revealing and a little too sexy for an undergrad Wednesday outfit. Mind you it's pretty cold outside. Really tight leggings, black leather boots, off the shoulder sweater with big holes so you can see a brassiere. That probably doesn't sound that revealing, but it will make you turn your head if you saw it, especially as most everyone else is wearing jeans and sweats today. She is with her boyfriend who is wearing a track jacket and sweats. Obviously, if he loves it, I loves it. But if I was a guy, I would probably tell her to cover up a bit.

I've never been told to cover up, but I don't really dress in a sexy manner. I was asked once "Why are your jeans so tight?" But that was just a guy who I think had a crush on me.

Not in those exact words, but my dh has probs with short, tight, mini skirts. He won't say "cover up". He will say, it looks like you're trying too hard, which is his language for cover up! He won't say anything about short skirts (that aren't tight on my behind), but he does act a little miffed when I wear them cause he knows it attracts attention from men when we are out.

Outside of a short tight skirt, he doesn't care. So I respond by not wearing them.

And what is so wrong with an undergrad looking sexy amongst her hum-drum, ugmo-dressed classmates? She just wanted to look like a girl/feel sexy today, that's all.

And yes, a man has told me to cover up: my father :giggle: and when I was under 18, I begrudgingly obliged; now, not so much.

SO's have expressed their dislike for certain clothing that they may have deemed too revealing. Maybe I'll care in 10 years :)

No, but I have been told to "show a lil summin."

I'm the queen of conservative so I've been told that by friends, dh, ex's and even my mother. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Not in the words "cover up" but he has told me, when trying something on that it "gives off a vibe you probably don't want".

...and I was glad he said something.

My highschool b/f once said he didn't want me playing tennis because the uniforms were too revealing. xD

Yes. My husband doesn't like me to wear certain clothes if we aren't together, even if I'm just outside our house alone. He's afraid that I'll attract male attention unless he's with me.

No, but I have been told to "show a lil summin."

:yep: that's the response I get too. When I actually do show a little bit, men and women both will just stare like, "oh my goodness, I see some skin" :lol:

As for the chick in OP post, I wonder why she felt like revealing enough skin that it caused other students to look at her especially if it's cold. Is she trying to catch pneumonia or something. :nono: I understand wanting to be cute but not at the expense of my health.

I have been told by my ex bf to dress sexier. Basically he said that I dress like an old lady, but when we first met the fact that I dressed conservatively was one of the things that he said he liked about me.

I asked one of my friends "what made me catch your eye when you were out that night and we saw each other for the first time?"...He said "This is about to sound corny as hell, but you were the only one in the club with clothes on" :rofl:

I dress very modest, even when I go clubbing and I still get the same amount of attention if more than the girls with their breasts and behinds hanging out (none of which I have anyway). I dont turn my nose up at people who dress overly sexy and revealing, but its just never been my "thing" to want to dress like that.

when I was smaller, I had a favorite pair of jeans that my then boyfriend absolutely hated:lol: why? those jeans accentuated my butt like no body's business...he always hated when I wore those jeans in public and asked me multiple times to get rid of themem...of course I did not:rolleyes::grin:

Yes but I was wearing sweat pants and a white tank top (I think my belly button ring was showing). I normally just ignore comments about what I wear.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Long Hair Care Forum App

No, I'm relatively conservative OR if I am a little revealing, it's one thing, not multiple. My exes have never had a problem with the way I dress.

No. When its smoldering hot I will wear my crop tops and short shorts and no one can tell me anything. I dress according to the weather, but not slu*ty

:giggle:Yes in high school on a choir trip. We were on our way to SixFlags so I had on a swimsuit. My boyfriend that I had just started going with had never seen me in anything that revealing. I sat next to him and he just glanced with no hesitation and said .....umm....you should cover all that.

His best friend heard and saw his face...made this face :nuts: and leaned in my ear and said....."He GOTS to be gay....cuz I'd.... :blah:

It's happened a few other times too. You remember those leather "wet" leggings? I wore those to a party and got to arguing with my guy friend at the time about I just needed to turn back around, respect him, and put on one of my dresses instead. I just blinked and kept it moving. :spinning: My daddy is at home.

SO's culture/religion is very conservative so I'm really not looking forward to the summer. He doesnt even like the hint of flesh to show.

Yes I've heard it many times. :lol: From different people. Sometimes I feel bad, but for the most part I just do me. I was me before I got married and I will be me until the day I die. :yep: I'm sorry, but I don't believe in covering up to please others, especially when it's men. :nono: A lot of times men don't necessarily want you to cover up. They just don't like other men seeing what you have. And to that I say OH WELL! :lachen: You tell me to cover up my tatas while you stare at someone else's? :perplexed No ma'am. I'm not the one. :lol:

Now I'm not going to go overboard, but I'm not a conservative person at all. I don't know if I ever will be.

Not in those words, per se, but definitely a. . ."Who told you can wear that?". . .or a "Don't you think that's a little tight. . .?"

I think it's cute. Most times I listened unless I thought he was being unfair. Like I'm usually a D cup but I'm a dress size 8, so Tia and Tamara are gonna stand out or make things I wear "sexier" 90% of the time regardless lol. Not my fault.

Once I was wearing a halter that I didn't know was sheer and my FH let me know he could see my nips. I sure as hell covered up after that.

Other than that, he doesn't say anything unless I ask his opinion and I like it that way.

Yes and I'm a conservative dresser. It was the same thing that attracted him so I kept wearing it because I liked it.

Not in those words, per se, but definitely a. . ."Who told you can wear that?". . .or a "Don't you think that's a little tight. . .?"

I think it's cute. Most times I listened unless I thought he was being unfair. Like I'm usually a D cup but I'm a dress size 8, so Tia and Tamara are gonna stand out or make things I wear "sexier" 90% of the time regardless lol. Not my fault.

Yes! I'm a small girl with DD's and have heard lil snide comments about my clothes by other women (I'm generally just wearing a t-shirt). I dress conservatively, but I can't help that they poke out. I'd have to wear really baggy clothes not to emphasize my shape.

What is it with men, and being upset when their wives dress a bit sexy?? So other men will look @ her??? Doesn't that complement them, that they have good taste in women? besides she chose you didn't she?:grin: so what are they so worried about any how?:lachen::lachen:

Not in those exact words, but my dh has probs with short, tight, mini skirts. He won't say "cover up". He will say, it looks like you're trying too hard, which is his language for cover up! He won't say anything about short skirts (that aren't tight on my behind), but he does act a little miffed when I wear them cause he knows it attracts attention from men when we are out.

Outside of a short tight skirt, he doesn't care. So I respond by not wearing them.

Yes, too much cleavage or too tight on my behind :perplexed from my DH.

My highschool b/f once said he didn't want me playing tennis because the uniforms were too revealing. xD

Yes. My husband doesn't like me to wear certain clothes if we aren't together, even if I'm just outside our house alone. He's afraid that I'll attract male attention unless he's with me.

Yes I've heard it many times. :lol: From different people. Sometimes I feel bad, but for the most part I just do me. I was me before I got married and I will be me until the day I die. :yep: I'm sorry, but I don't believe in covering up to please others, especially when it's men. :nono: A lot of times men don't necessarily want you to cover up. They just don't like other men seeing what you have. And to that I say OH WELL! :lachen: You tell me to cover up my tatas while you stare at someone else's? :perplexed No ma'am. I'm not the one. :lol:

Now I'm not going to go overboard, but I'm not a conservative person at all. I don't know if I ever will be.

I think it's cute. Most times I listened unless I thought he was being unfair. Like I'm usually a D cup but I'm a dress size 8, so Tia and Tamara- cute names for ur girls!:yep::lol: are gonna stand out or make things I wear "sexier" 90% of the time regardless lol. Not my fault.

No. The clothing I wear probably wouldn't be considered revealing by most, but DH has never made a habit of telling me how to dress (thank GOODNESS).

Yes, anytime I wear a short top or jacket. It's seriously annoying and cramps my style because I have a lot of tops that don't cover half or all of my butt. He just cannot stand it when people look at me and when I wear tight jeans I tend to get attention sometimes right in front of him because I have an hourglass/pear (maybe more pear lol) shape and a rather big butt. I just decided to wear something nice today and once he noticed that anyone looked at me he started getting bichy lol. I had a pair of tight jeans and a jacket that stopped right above my belt line. That's the limit for him, he basically told me I was naked and was very sore with me. :nono: I'm also "not allowed" to show cleavage or my belly button/ring. He also happens to be from a culture that insists that women cover everything from face to toe but his insistence on my not showing my shape too much I believe has little to do with that.
It's funny that he doesn't say anything when his sisters are wearing tight jeans.

Back