Has Anyone Here Tried Jojoba Butter????

Elyse

<font color="green">

I truly am not trying to force any PJs off of the bandwagon /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif, but has anyone here tried Jojoba Butter?

I saw some at a health food store I visited earlier today. I've never heard of it before /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif. It is 100% pure jojoba oil processed to be in a "butter" form. They had a sample jar and I tried a little bit of it.
It is very creamy and soft, much more so than cocoa butter. It felt like softened shea butter. It was white in color and didn't have much of a smell. It was very rich and a little bit went a long way.

With the cold weather fast approaching, I thought that it might be good for my hair. The 8 oz jar sells for $15 US.</font color>

Hi Elyse, I know this response is late, but I've never tried that....but it sounds good.

I haven't seen it at Whole Foods, do you know if I can get this online?

I adore jojoba oil, but I did not care for the jojoba butter for my hair or skin. The reason being was that the creaminess factor was not there. It truly melted on contact with my skin, but left not much behind. That to me is the difference between it and shea butter. Some people say the shea leaves a film..some like it and some don't. With the shea, I prefer the liquid shea...hydrogenated shea butter.

My favorite at this point is avocado butter. It is utterly rich and absorbs extremely well, but leaves a softness behind which is beyond description.

I am going to try olive butter next which I have a feeling is close to the avocado, and then move on to almond butter.

I got my jojoba butter at SnowdriftFarm.com. They recently started stocking the olive butter /images/graemlins/grin.gif Be sure to check the site for the wonderful Whipped Butter recipes /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

~Jade~

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Jade21 said:
My favorite at this point is avocado butter. It is utterly rich and absorbs extremely well, but leaves a softness behind which is beyond description.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now Jade....you know I'm gonna have to order the avocado butter after this review! You were right on the money about the shea butter from Nature's Wildchild. I don't want to change my shea recipe, so I'm looking to make another butter to alternate with that one. The avocado sounds like it would make a good base.... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Jade21 said:

~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this at the health food store and it sounds yummy. What does it smell like? Do you know what its melting point is? (Is it solid at room temperature?) Thanks.

Hi, Gigi!

The smell: it's just like avocados...it's slightly nutty with a fruitiness to it. It's extremely pleasant and mild...not overpowering at all

It's not solid at room temperature like cocoa butter. I don't know the melting point. It's very soft at room temperature...just like a tub of oleo or sticks of butter.

Definitely try some out!!!!!!!!!

~Jade~

Jade21 said:
Hi, Gigi!

The smell: it's just like avocados...it's slightly nutty with a fruitiness to it. It's extremely pleasant and mild...not overpowering at all

It's not solid at room temperature like cocoa butter. I don't know the melting point. It's very soft at room temperature...just like a tub of oleo or sticks of butter.

Definitely try some out!!!!!!!!!

~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

About how much did you pay for it?

Thanks Jade. I saw some of this in the health food store and was tempted to buy some , but didn't know what to expect. I will be adding another natural oil/butter to my growing collection. All of your descriptions of various oils have been on point and so accurate. Keep them coming.

Okay, I am adding avocado butter to my list....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

SherryLove

SherryLove said:
Okay, I am adding avocado butter to my list.

[/ QUOTE ]
It DOES sound awfully good. Hmmmmm.

Back