Has anyone had BKT long enough to fully revert back?

well i had the BKT done back in Dec 2008. I did not do it at the advice of LHcf, i actually hav a dominican friend who gets the formaldehyde one done and i decided to do the chocolate one-formaldehyde free one.

I liked the results it gave. my hair still looked the same but was sooo much easier to detangle. i could detangle for the first time in like 2 min like when i had a relaxer.

now its Aug 2009 and i figure the bkt is pretty much gone from my head. personally, i dont think im gonna do it again. it did soften my curls but i had gotten used to how full and nice my twists started looking and i havent worn my hair in twists since i got the bkt because it just doesnt shrink up the same (ha missing shrinkage).

doesnt mean my hair didnt look great, i just think for now i want to get away from coloring and any chemical process to really grow my hair out. And then if my hair doesnt flourish from all of that then idk lol.

so im one who is fullly growing my hair out after bkt. Actually the process is pretty much gone, it kinda was by feb/march.

i think i wanna just use nat'l alternatives like baking soda, salt to minimize frizz and help with manageablility

Back