Has anyone found staples since the beginning of the year?

gymfreak336

I have completely fell in love with a couple of product this year and I have staples now. My urge to buy buy buy isn't nearly as strong.

This year I have found

Porosity Control - can't say enough about this, miracle worker for sure
Silk Elements Cholesterol- wonderful, cheap, super moisturizing stuff
Pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense mask- so glad I tried it again, super moisturizing and detangling
Aveda damage remedy poo- love the smell of this and how it makes my hair feel, just don't love the price
Motions Silk protein conditioner- the perfect protien, not too strong but still gets the job done, helps your hair absorb more moisture and smells good too
ORS olive oil creme in the jar- the only drugstore moisturizer that does it for me, helped heal my ends and curb breakage with out being sticky

All of these have a permanent spot in my bathroom. What about you??

Yeah, I've decided to replace Therappe & Humectress with Theratin and Humectin. Amla oil & coconut oil are my new prepooing staples, and I'm thinking about making Soy Replinisher my staple moisturizer. Vatika oil is my new staple for sealing. I'm also considering making Porosity Control a staple because I was thoroughly impressed with it the first time I used it.

I've discovered all kinds of new and fun things this year. My hair is definitely liking it. :up: Guess I need to update my fotki...:look:

Lily of the Desert Aloe vera gel(the edible one). I'm loving it for my hair and my girls.

I have some stuff on the way this week including BT. So maybe I should check back next week.:look:

Elasta QP DPR-11, I've tried several moisturizing conditioners and this one definitely is a keeper. My hair loves this stuff.

LeKair Cholesterol and H.E. Hello Hydratio shampoo. I had used them before, but when I rediscovered them, that was all she wrote.

Its good to see that I am not the only one. I always thought that I would product hop forever but finding my staples has been a big relief me and my wallet. Alot of what really works well for me is affordable. I also think that once you really know what you are looking for in a product then the hunting for staples becomes alot easier. I realize that alot of stuff I have bought before really wasn't a bad product per say, I just didn't read between the lines to look for what I really needed.

Here are mine:
Redken Cleansing Cream for clarifying
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa poo & conditioner
Cabellia conditioner
Mane N Tail conditioner
Garnier Sleek & Shine conditioner for in-shower detangling

• Cassia
  • Garnier Length and Strength Conditioner; Sleek and Shine Leave In; Split Ends Treatment
  • Africa's Best Leave In Hair Mayo
  • ApHOGEE Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
  • Dove Replenishing Mist
All now officially deemed staples found since beginning of 07, if I keep reading certain people's hits and misses posts, there may be more in the near future:look: .

ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Vatika Oil
Lacio Lacio
Salerm 21
Silicon Mix
Torque Emergencia
Miss Keys 10 en 1

These products have dramatically changed my hair and have I no intention to ever leave them. I already re-ordered (the ones that need to be) and I think I'll be set for at least until the fall..lol!

Priestess said:
Garnier Sleek & Shine conditioner for in-shower detangling

Let me find out...I should've been getting this...cause I love the leave in...

*jotting down*

MonaLisa said:
  • Cassia
  • Garnier Length and Strength Conditioner; Sleek and Shine Leave In; Split Ends Treatment
  • Africa's Best Leave In Hair Mayo
  • ApHOGEE Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer
  • Dove Replenishing Mist
All now officially deemed staples found since beginning of 07, if I keep reading certain people's hits and misses posts, there may be more in the near future:look: .

LMAO at the last reference. :lachen:

How could I forget the Africa's Best Liquid Mayo, that is a staple for me too. :yep:

WillyGWifey said:
UBH (of course) Aubrey's Organic Conditioners, Care Free Curl Gold, and Amla Oil

I keep hearing sooo many good things about the AO Conditioners.

C-Pak Conditioner
Design Line Olive Oil Masque
Redken Cleansing Cream
Fermodyl 619 Leave-in
Aveda Sap Moss Concentrate
AO Honeysuckle Rose

Letitia said:
I keep hearing sooo many good things about the AO Conditioners.

Cause they rock!! The honeysuckle and rose really helped restore my elasticty. They smell great too. The camellia one is nice too. They are my favs.

gymfreak336 said:
Cause they rock!! The honeysuckle and rose really helped restore my elasticty. They smell great too. The camellia one is nice too. They are my favs.

I cannot wait to try these. They are on my list.

MizAvalon said:
Silicon Mix! HOLLA!

Thas wuz up right thurr :D

I finally have my staples...for now

Nexxus Therappe and Humectress
Silicon mix
Lacio Lacio
NTM silk touch for moisture
NTM serum
Vatika & jojoba to seal

Divine Inspiration said:
Yeah, I've decided to replace Therappe & Humectress with Theratin and Humectin. Amla oil & coconut oil are my new prepooing staples, and I'm thinking about making Soy Replinisher my staple moisturizer. Vatika oil is my new staple for sealing. I'm also considering making Porosity Control a staple because I was thoroughly impressed with it the first time I used it.

I've discovered all kinds of new and fun things this year. My hair is definitely liking it. :up: Guess I need to update my fotki...:look:

Amla and coconut oil make up my new prepoo as well. I just discovered a "virgin" coconut oil that smells exactly like coconuts. I absolutely love it. People at work have commented that they know I'm coming when it smells like a tropical island. :grin:

I also started using macadamia nut oil this year. I mix it w/ coconut and camellia (or kiwi) oil and use it as my regular hair oil and as a supplement to my conditioners.

sareca said:
Amla and coconut oil make up my new prepoo as well. I just discovered a "virgin" coconut oil that smells exactly like coconuts. I absolutely love it. People at work have commented that they know I'm coming when it smells like a tropical island. :grin:

I also started using macadamia nut oil this year. I mix it w/ coconut and camellia (or kiwi) oil and use it as my regular hair oil and as a supplement to my conditioners.

Oooh, that's sounds heavenly, Sareca. Which coconut oil are you using?

HENNA, HENNA and more HENNA!!

Indian products like Alma oil!

Boundless Tresses!!!!!

Porosity Control!!!!

Revisited: Elasta QP Mango Butter!!!

I need to also try the ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer in a jar. I hear it's da bomb!

Here's mine....

Africans' Best "carrot oil cream"
Henna
Olive Oil
Stay soft Fro
MTG
Profectiv "Anti-Itch Strengthening Oil Free Serum"

Priestess said:
Oooh, that's sounds heavenly, Sareca. Which coconut oil are you using?

http://www.bestdeal.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VIRGIN-16&Category_Code=&Store_Code=Essential

On the website they describe the fragrance as intoxicating and they ain't never lied. If I add it to my leave-in conditioner and wear a flower in my hair the men at work... um.... behave differently. They frequently use the the word "exotic" to describe it. I've had 1-on-1 meetings called by men that don't work in my group to ask me stuff they could have asked me in the hall. I was like :huh:

I knew it smelled good but dang! So, be careful with this stuff. :wink2:

I brought the 7lb jug. tee-hee

Last edited:
sareca said:
http://www.bestdeal.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VIRGIN-16&Category_Code=&Store_Code=Essential

On the website they describe the fragrance as intoxicating and they ain't never lied. If I add it to my leave-in conditioner and wear a flower in my hair the men at work... um.... behave differently. They frequently use the the word "exotic" to describe it. I've had 1-on-1 meetings called w/ men that don't work in my group to ask me stuff they could have asked me in the hall. I was like :huh:

I knew it smelled good but dang! So, be careful with this stuff. :wink2:

I brought the 7lb jug. tee-hee

Okay, read that description :sekret: Makes me want to order up a bottle NOW! :)

HoneyDew said:
Okay, read that description :sekret: Makes me want to order up a bottle NOW! :)

I've eaten real coconuts that didn't smell this good. :) I also have "extra virgin" coconut oil that I got from Wholefoods; it smells like water by comparison. It must be something about they way they extract it.

Last edited:
^^^Re: Virgin Coconut Oil

All of you married women or women w/ SO cannot be buying all of this virgin coconut oil with its enchanting effects. Remember your single sisters out here!!! We want some too. :lol:

Back