HAS ANYONE EVER ADDED CINNAMON TO CONDITIONER!!

NYCITY

Hi ladies,
I went to a Dominican Salon today to get my hair done. This is my 11th week and I brought my Creme of Nature, Le Kair and Smooth and Sleek. The girl that does my hair told me I should add Cinnamon (she showed me the bottle of ground cinnamon), some leave-in conditioner and a little Olive oil to my conditioner (Le Kair).
Has anyone ever added Cinnamon to their conditioner? And what were the results?

I think that's great advice because I would imagine the cinnamon is stimulating and soothing at the same time.

I can't say that I have done this myself, but I do use the AO Island Spice Cream Rinse often which contains allspice which is cinnamon, nutmeg and clove.

~Jade~

Please do post your results I would love to know how it worked. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hi, i read somewhere and plan to try it this weekend.

pre - hot oil treatment with olive oil , honey and cinnamon..... suppose to help with hair loss problems

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
NYCITY said:
Hi ladies,
I went to a Dominican Salon today to get my hair done. This is my 11th week and I brought my Creme of Nature, Le Kair and Smooth and Sleek. The girl that does my hair told me I should add Cinnamon (she showed me the bottle of ground cinnamon), some leave-in conditioner and a little Olive oil to my conditioner (Le Kair).
Has anyone ever added Cinnamon to their conditioner? And what were the results?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was trying to grow my hair from an unwanted hair cut that was supposed to be a trim /images/graemlins/mad.gif and i asked around for what would help my hair grow. i was told rosemary and cinnamon were good. i used these on my scalp for months and also put my hair in a ponytail for a couple of months and it grew. so there may be something to it.

where was this salon by the way? i know of a couple of salons that do good roller sets and give good advice on hair but never have they advised me of what products to use. i also saw a salon that does a wash and set for 10 dollars. a couple of them. i have never seen that price before. usually i see like 12 or 15. God bless you all.

I clipped this from somewhere a while back, I don't remember:

Falling Hair
Mix Olive Oil with Honey and Cinnamon Powder into a paste.
Apply on the scalp and wash after 15 minutes, three to five times a week. It will help stop hair falling. I didn't try it b/c I wasn't sure of the results. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

sounds interesting plus i have all the ingredients at home already, I wil be giving this a try next time i c/o wash my hair.
A while back someone asked about the benefits of pre-hot oil treatments, and i said i wasn't too impressed... UMPH!!! pre shamps are extremely beneficial for me now... this recipe sounds like its would heighten the benfits even more thanks lala!!!1

Let us know if you get good results from it. I have a huge container of cinnamon /images/graemlins/lick.gif

Hmmm, I don't know about this cinnamon bit. y'all are going to make me make my friends think I'm even crazier /images/graemlins/nuts.gif than they thought. ...I MIGHT give it a try when I take my braids out. Let me know how it turns out

My husband is going to freak. There I'll be...in the bathroom (hiding) with a big mound of ORS Hair Mayo on my head, sprinkling cinnamon on it.... /images/graemlins/look.gif

Has anyone used cinnamon and left it on the hair? If not, how long did you leave it on? Overnight?

Cinnamon is used in conditioners as a scalp revitalizer and stimulant. Spanish women believe the addition of Cinnamon - Canela en Espanol
wink.gif
can aid in speeding growth by stimulating the follicle and correcting scalp ailments that involve cell turnover (like dandruff and that kind of stuff). I like to use it occasionally in my preshampoos. You only need a little (it can burn, kinda like rosemary, if used undiluted by another carrier oil or a conditioner) and I like using the oil or extract form as opposed to powder because it mixes more easily.

HTH
smile.gif

This board always help me put common household items to work. I guess I will be adding cinnamon to my regimen. I love the ACV rinses it just makes my hair so soft.

Hmmmm...thanks for bumping this Isis. Adding honey to my conditioners worked out well...maybe I will try this out for a month too.
angel.gif

<font color="purple">I've tried it last year, but only once. I think the benefits of using cinnamon in your conditioner stimulates not only your scalp, but also your senses. Its aromatherapeutic scents can stimulate your brain by reviving your energy, just like it can with peppermint. If you can, go look up the benefits of cinnamon and other herbs for aromatherapy on your search engine. You'll be utterly amazed what a common kitchen staple can do for your hair.

In the meantime, I'll apply allspice, like the prior post, in my 3 Minute Miracle and olive oil. My hair and scalp will feeeeeeeel sooooooooo gooooooooood after doing this. And afterwards, I'll add the cinnamon to my leave-in conditioner(2 TBS Tropical Coconut Conditioner, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 c Infusium 23, and 1/2 c distilled water). </font>

I've never used cinnamon in my conditioner but I buy a Dominican cinnamon conditioner. It stimulates the scalp and makes it tingle.

My mom used to mix ground cinnamon, castor oil and avocado in my hair when i was little- I thought she was crazy...
I was really sick around the age of 3, and all my hair left my head- she did that for like a year so, and I remenber having hair every since...

I haven't heard of using cinnamon as a pre-shampoo treatment, but I have heard of heating cayenne pepper with olive oil as a method of stimulating the scalp. I haven't tried it myself, but I probably will whenever I get over the thought of having that pepper drip down into my eyes and burn the $#@! out of me.
whip.gif

I totally forgot about the Evening Primrose Oil that I bought over a year ago from GNC had cinnamon in it! I got to start using this again! I love homemade recipes.

I used cinnamon oil in place of peppermint oil for one of my Cathy Howse concoctions....it was stimulating. I liked it but in that particular recipe I liked the peppermint oil.

It worked very well, however, when I mixed it with castor oil and sulfur powder and did scalp massages...my head felt like oooo la laa!!

Tebby

Re: HAS ANYONE EVER ADDED CINNAMON TO CONDITIONER!

my dominican friend's mother used to add cinnamon to conditioners that she used to mix and ship to me

bump!! Did anyone get good results from this? Sounds intersting. I think I may add this to some of my homemade recipes!

ok, seeing this thread is funny becuase i always used a cinnamon conditioner just becuase it didnt have the harmful ingredient in it. now i see a thread about cinnamon conditioner.

I have never used it but I saw a girl on fotki who used cinnamon to lighten her hair.... i wanted to use it to add a streak or two

Back