Has anybody grown their hair with pressing?

InsertCleverNameHere

I am thinking back to what worked for me in the past and I remember I used to get my hair flat ironed or pressed about every three weeks and my hair really thrived from it. I am considering going back to pressing. Has anybody grown their hair out with pressing?

Yup -

This was how I transitioned. I just had my roots pressed and ends clipped until there was no more perm. I usually get a press every 3 to 4 weeks while washing/deep conditioning every week. My hair is more voluptuous with a press than it ever was with a perm.

The press is good for me because I'm in LA right now but if i moved back to the east coast, I'd probably have to go back to perms, due to the humidity. /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

This is my plan. I've been pressing it myself every 2 or 3 weeks and I'm ok w/ it right now.
Wild Growth Oil is the BEST for pressing w/ my hair. All you need is a little, and it makes my hair so soft, not weighed down or greasy.

absolutely!!!! that is how my grandma straightened my hair pre-relaxer days, and i had pretty good growth!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/up.gif

Back